Kernel, ROMS, etc. NOOB need advise

kent1915

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I rooted after I got phone. I deleted some of the bloat ware and now cannot get upgrades from VZW. So I am thinking of returning DI01 then OTA to current then root again...

OR>>>

Going to Custom ROM and Kernel. This is where I get confused. I know Kernel and ROM have to be compatable. I also get to each their own, but in terms of Kernel, I am looking for good GPS, good radio signal, good battery and wifi tether.

ROM i want stable (superclean?).

So I guess what I am asking is what folks recommend. I know there are tons of opinions, but given what I am looking for anyone want to make recommendations?

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
In order to get all those things I would suggest going to Super clean for DL09. You will get the best battery life using an undervolted voodoo kernel, but I would suggest sticking to a non voodoo kernel until you get more comfortable flashing

cpark_12

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The first I went to was dj05 superclean and the stupidfast kernel. It was excellent, but I got a little flash happy and ended up going with froyo. The dj05 and stupidfast kernel was an awesome combination fir stability, speed, and battery. Good signal also

Sent from my Froyo'd Fascinate via Tapatalk

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking for an extremely simple, and more importantly, safe, bet, then I say go with any of the super clean releases (2.9 being the most recent). I wouldn't recommend tinkering with the voodoo versions yet, as it is a bit more complicated (not by much). Nonvoodoo only requires basic knowledge of odin (for installing clock work recovery) and knowing how to install a zip file through clock work recovery. Most importantly, don't be discouraged!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34