Facebook Sync Vanilla Froyo

fsuagentsmith

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I just put the NEXTheme and Vanilla FRoyo voodoo kernal on my phone using the instructions I found here [ROM] Vanilla FroYo AOSP v0.8.1 - 2/20 - Now also with NexTheme Version - xda-developers. Since I am not a person that posts a lot (I read a lot instead) I cannot ask question there. So I turn to you. Basically I love the ROM. Super fast. Super light. Quick syncs. Etc. My problem is involved with the facebook sync. Only some of my contacts if any are being synced with facebook. I have not had this problem with any other ROM and it seems minor, but I'd like to have it. Any hints?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I just put the NEXTheme and Vanilla FRoyo voodoo kernal on my phone using the instructions I found here [ROM] Vanilla FroYo AOSP v0.8.1 - 2/20 - Now also with NexTheme Version - xda-developers. Since I am not a person that posts a lot (I read a lot instead) I cannot ask question there. So I turn to you. Basically I love the ROM. Super fast. Super light. Quick syncs. Etc. My problem is involved with the facebook sync. Only some of my contacts if any are being synced with facebook. I have not had this problem with any other ROM and it seems minor, but I'd like to have it. Any hints?
Sns is the problem and that is in tw launcher. Try an app called sync my pics from the market.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

fsuagentsmith

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I like that application. I did use it. Just FYI I also cleared the cache on the built in application to Vanilla Froyo and reinstalled from Marketplace. This fixed the issue for me. I am posting this just in case anyone else runs into this issue. Vanilla Froyo = Awesome thanks JT and all the forum leaders here for enlightening me on what to do.

Reactions: gunnermike53

anon(143571)

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Go to each contact that isn't sync'd open their contact. Menu > Edit, Menu > Join. and it'll show suggestions for Facebook friends with similiar names.

Click on the name and FB info will be added

As another step, if the contact as a google user picture, that'll take priority over the facebook one, so you'll have to hit Menu > Edit again, and scroll down to the facebook info and tap on the facebook picture and hit "use this picture"