Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Edit: I would suggest using one of his Odin packages if you wish to accomplish this quickly. DXcon - I can help.

Or...
    Did you select usb debugging and have the phone on stay awake under Settings> Applications> Development? - that may have been the issue -

Here is a more detailed process in DXcons thread - Link
    Confucius: “Never use a cannon to kill a fly.” - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Christx1337, Welcome to Android Central. I hope that you are finding the answers to your situation.

I will be watching this thread. Post if you need more assistance.
    Confucius: “Never use a cannon to kill a fly.” - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

ROM
    Virtuous Unity

is there a difference between the drivers in this thread vs the drivers that you install when using the droidxcon froyo packages?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by APeaceOfStrange View Post
    is there a difference between the drivers in this thread vs the drivers that you install when using the droidxcon froyo packages?
    I think these may be different drivers, but you are better off with the samsung drivers from DroidXcon's Froyo thread if they are working for you.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Default unable to chmod /data/local/temp/rage.bin: No Such file exits error when rooting

have looked at all the related threads and still cant find an answer..... Gone all the way back to D101 and still get the error, wiped cache, etc..... using the EZ root method. Any ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by jessie02; 03-27-2011 at 12:08 PM.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

use one of dxc's odin packages. one click root is wonky sometimes.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jessie02 View Post
    have looked at all the related threads and still cant find an answer..... Gone all the way back to D101 and still get the error, wiped cache, etc..... using the EZ root method. Any ideas? Thanks
    Yeah if you have gone back to stock using odin you may aswell use my odin packages like gunner said . But in the future please give more detail so we can help you. Like what the error was

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I am driving myself crazy here. Last evening I successfully rooted my fascinate then somehow accidentally deleted titanium backup which I think triggered something in my phone because now, when i reinstalled TB, it does not recognize my phone as rooted. I have tried 5-6x's today via the steps in this thread to root and it reports to be "successful" and it continues to say "complete", but is not rooted apparently. So I attempt to troubleshoot using "adb" in cmd and is says that it is not recognizable. Then I try to copy and paste the location directly into the end of the value table in environmental variables and I still cant locate adb. I am so lost and frustrtated and any help would be great.

the easiest solution is to flash one of droidxcons odin packages. this will give root, cwm, and froyo rom, all in one step.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by cl36 View Post
    the easiest solution is to flash one of droidxcons odin packages. this will give root, cwm, and froyo rom, all in one step.
    +1 you already have a titanium backup, so you can restore after you flash the Odin package
    Thanked by:

So I'm not sure if this is covered but I'm running into some issues trying to unroot. I did a few goofy things along the way so I hope you can follow along:

1. rooted the phone and have superuser installed w supacleans initial dl09 via odin.
    2. usb function ceases to work but figured I'd use dropbox so i didn't bother trying to find a fix.
    3. tried to unroot(was going to bring it in to verizon for an exchange because of a damaged volume rocker) and i didn't have a pc handy. I download z4 root to try to unroot. worked but not so much.
    4. phone indicates that it has been unrooted BUT superuser is still there.
    5. now i have access to a pc. trying to use odin once again but detects the phone as a cd drive so it doesn't show up on odin. Once in a while odin will detect it but only with the battery installed(any problems with running odin/flashing with battery still in?)

So now, how can I unroot and take it back to stock? trying to update superuser(will this help me unroot?) but automatic update failed.

any help is appreciated. At this point, Im no longer taking it back to verizon but just want a clean install of having root. Phone functions as normal otherwise.

*edit - I've also tried rooting again so i can unroot but am unable to do so. using z4(easiest method but obviously not as consistant) since I am just starting to learn but z4 continues to not respond.
    Last edited by moofilebot; 03-27-2011 at 11:42 PM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by moofilebot View Post
    So I'm not sure if this is covered but I'm running into some issues trying to unroot. I did a few goofy things along the way so I hope you can follow along:

1. rooted the phone and have superuser installed w supacleans initial dl09 via odin.
    2. usb function ceases to work but figured I'd use dropbox so i didn't bother trying to find a fix.
    3. tried to unroot(was going to bring it in to verizon for an exchange because of a damaged volume rocker) and i didn't have a pc handy. I download z4 root to try to unroot. worked but not so much.
    4. phone indicates that it has been unrooted BUT superuser is still there.
    5. now i have access to a pc. trying to use odin once again but detects the phone as a cd drive so it doesn't show up on odin. Once in a while odin will detect it but only with the battery installed(any problems with running odin/flashing with battery still in?)

So now, how can I unroot and take it back to stock? trying to update superuser(will this help me unroot?) but automatic update failed.

any help is appreciated. At this point, Im no longer taking it back to verizon but just want a clean install of having root. Phone functions as normal otherwise.
    put it in download mode while its plugged in and pull out the battery it will remain in download mode

thanks DroidXcon, will try that right now.

* duh forgot to ask, how can i put it into download mode while it's still on? is there another way to get into download mode other than, battery out, plug usb, vol down and power button? (oops, that's not dwnload mode at all, volume down only)

edit 2: as of right now, phone is plugged in w battery. odin shows that the phone is connected but it doesn't show in win explorer. can i continue with odin method of reflashing?

*edit 3: k, unable to get it into download mode. computer says usb drive not recognized if i plug the phone in with without the battery into download mode. doesn't show up in odin either.
    Last edited by moofilebot; 03-28-2011 at 12:19 AM.

did you try using a different usb port?

cl36,

I have, same issue. It appears that regardless of which port I use windows proceeds to install drivers to what appears to be for a mobile device then after all that's done, still shows up as a cdrom.

Will try another computer altogether for now cl36. Thanks

*edit: success!! Tried it on a diff system and worked right on boot up after driver install. Stocked, now ready for some froyo luvin'. Thanks again for the help guys!
    Last edited by moofilebot; 03-29-2011 at 02:37 AM.

ROM
    KangBang 2.1/OTB v1.6

I rooted my phone only and BLUETOOTH will not turn on....Please HELP

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by sharvis14 View Post
    I rooted my phone only and BLUETOOTH will not turn on....Please HELP
    Don't post the same question in multiple threads.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    KangBang 2.1/OTB v1.6

Sorry could someone help me

ok...so I did all of the instructions twice from post #4....i get to superuser already exists failed....titanium backup says im not rooted....how do i get rid of the existing superuser?

Quote Originally Posted by dablitzkrieg View Post
    ok...so I did all of the instructions twice from post #4....i get to superuser already exists failed....titanium backup says im not rooted....how do i get rid of the existing superuser?
    why didnt you try one of the odin packages that droidxcon and i suggested in posts #34 and #35?

ROM
    Stock for now!

Is there a " What to do after root " thread? I'm running a DroidXcon 2.9.2 superclean package and don't know what to do next ?

ROM
    SC2.9x

Can I return to stock just using my cell or do I have to be connected to a computer? I already have Red CWM on my cell. From what I've seen in the threads only covers being connected to a computer. Thanks
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Dave95b View Post
    Can I return to stock just using my cell or do I have to be connected to a computer? I already have Red CWM on my cell. From what I've seen in the threads only covers being connected to a computer. Thanks
    no you can not you need a computer
    Thanked by:

Default I need help Unrooting

Hi all,

I feel as if I've gotten myself too deep w/ rooting my phone, and have decided the process is just not my thing.

I want to remove the root entirely (superuser and all). Can someone help me get back my basic locked down Verizon fascinate? I'm still in 2.1 (EA28).

I've been thumbing through the threads and having trouble finding what I need to know. Instructions or directions to instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...other-how.html

Instructions to unroot are in the post above.

TapATalkin From My SuperClean ComaVolt Kernel Fascinate
    Thanked by:
    Big Z 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast