Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 222
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #51  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OHSteel View Post
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...other-how.html

    Instructions to unroot are in the post above.

    TapATalkin From My SuperClean ComaVolt Kernel Fascinate
    I was moved over to this thread, Thanks though!

    Now that i'm in the right place, i'm still having trouble unrooting.

    The one click unroot i downloaded from above looks identical to one click root...Is this how it is supposed to be?

    I attempted to run the START_ROOT, just like I did to get root. This went all the way through until it said "complete."

    I tried doing to CMD paste in commands, but this isn't working (it's saying adb is not recognized, as well as cannot find the path).

    Help?
    Last edited by Big Z; 04-12-2011 at 08:20 AM.
  2. #52  
    Suicide Shift's Avatar

    Posts
    259 Posts
    ROM
    ROM / Kernel of the day

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
    I was moved over to this thread, Thanks though!

    Now that i'm in the right place, i'm still having trouble unrooting.

    The one click unroot i downloaded from above looks identical to one click root...Is this how it is supposed to be?

    I attempted to run the START_ROOT, just like I did to get root. This went all the way through until it said "complete."

    I tried doing to CMD paste in commands, but this isn't working (it's saying adb is not recognized, as well as cannot find the path).

    Help?
    Does not sound like you are in the right place or getting the right files. Start at post number 9. Direct link to post number 9 for returning to stock here:

    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tml#post700171

    You dont want to run START_ROOT and should not be in ADB. You want to use ODIN and flash the DI01 files listed in post #9. Please read all of the steps starting at this post and collect the correct files.

    *EDIT**

    For reference you want to read from Post #9 to Post #11. These are the posts that return you to stock. Read all of this before proceeding. If you have any questions ask before doing anything. If you understand it download the files and follow the directions.
    Last edited by Suicide Shift; 04-12-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Big Z 
  3. #53  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Shift View Post
    Does not sound like you are in the right place or getting the right files. Start at post number 9. Direct link to post number 9 for returning to stock here:

    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tml#post700171

    You dont want to run START_ROOT and should not be in ADB. You want to use ODIN and flash the DI01 files listed in post #9. Please read all of the steps starting at this post and collect the correct files.
    Thanks Suicide,

    I was following post #6 in this thread. I had one click rooted, so I assumed that was the correct process to unroot. Sheepdog also told me to flash DI01. Is this the only way to unroot?
  4. #54  
    Suicide Shift's Avatar

    Posts
    259 Posts
    ROM
    ROM / Kernel of the day

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
    Thanks Suicide,

    I was following post #6 in this thread. I had one click rooted, so I assumed that was the correct process to unroot. Sheepdog also told me to flash DI01. Is this the only way to unroot?
    To my knowledge yes. It is the easiest best way to bring your phone back to stock.

    I have used these steps when wanting to start over fresh. You will get to DI01 then you can either wait for your phone to to run an Over The Air (OTA) update or go into your settings >> About Phone and start the process manually. This will then get the latest from Verizon and set you back to EA28 etc..
  5. #55  
    SoSoFresh's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default

    You can do this unroot/stock method with Voodoo5 enabled? I read thru saw no mention of it, just want to make sure..
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LastDayOfMagic View Post
    You can do this unroot/stock method with Voodoo5 enabled? I read thru saw no mention of it, just want to make sure..
    yeah but its best if it is disabled,,,, if you dont you may have to flash twice to get your internal storage back
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  7. #57  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LastDayOfMagic View Post
    You can do this unroot/stock method with Voodoo5 enabled? I read thru saw no mention of it, just want to make sure..
    How did you get Voodoo5 enabled? I thought that was for the i9000 Fascinate?
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

    Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

    Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

    If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  8. #58  
    SoSoFresh's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    yeah but its best if it is disabled,,,, if you dont you may have to flash twice to get your internal storage back
    Thanks. Basically I am giving this phone to a friend and she is just going to be fine with the touchwiz/stock experience. So disabling lagfix forever, doing your steps would be the way to go and then she "should" be able to do OTAs as they come and I dont have to be her tech assistant every time one rolls out. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    How did you get Voodoo5 enabled? I thought that was for the i9000 Fascinate?
    I have a old version of super clean.. I know I have the voodoo lag fix maybe it is not 5. I have not been keeping up with root stuff for a long long time now.
  9. #59  
    spencer0279's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock :D

    Default

    whenever i try the fascinateroot_v02 it says my phone is connected but none of the files transfer over
  10. #60  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spencer0279 View Post
    whenever i try the fascinateroot_v02 it says my phone is connected but none of the files transfer over
    do you have the Sammy drivers installed?? more info pls
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me
  11. #61  
    spencer0279's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock :D

    Default

    i tried it with the 32bit one and the one that pops up when i plug in my phone ( the atlas one or whatever )

    i have it in debugging, stay awake, ask on connection for usb.
  12. #62  
    spencer0279's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock :D

    Default

    is there a certain kernal im supposed to be running to do this?
  13. #63  

    Default

    Should work fine if you r stock. all you r trying to do is root correct?? Maybe I missed something.
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spencer0279 View Post
    is there a certain kernal im supposed to be running to do this?
    Make sure mass storage is off ..if its on it won't transfer files because the SD card is on your computer instead of the phone

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  15. #65  

    Default

    First - thank you for the amazing list of fantastic instructions.

    I just completed going back to stock - I was running EB01 with Root, and am now back to EA28 Stock. (flashing DI01 using ODIN per instructions)

    I forced a system update and got EA28, then after reboot it prompted for another update (Froyo) - I downloaded, hit OK, it rebooted, and attempted to update - but failed - it came back up saying Update Failed. I did have a problem with the download where it got stuck at 38% forever so I rebooted, which could have corrupted the download - so, I am DLing again now to try.

    Anyone have issues with the official ED01 update failing after coming back from Root?
    Also - I have a "VooDoo" folder on my SD card, but don't recall ever installing Voodoo anything - anyone know where that came from?

    thanks,
    Gordon
  16. #66  
    Lttlwing16's Avatar

    Posts
    767 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted AOSP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhitevt View Post
    First - thank you for the amazing list of fantastic instructions.

    I just completed going back to stock - I was running EB01 with Root, and am now back to EA28 Stock. (flashing DI01 using ODIN per instructions)

    I forced a system update and got EA28, then after reboot it prompted for another update (Froyo) - I downloaded, hit OK, it rebooted, and attempted to update - but failed - it came back up saying Update Failed. I did have a problem with the download where it got stuck at 38% forever so I rebooted, which could have corrupted the download - so, I am DLing again now to try.

    Anyone have issues with the official ED01 update failing after coming back from Root?
    Also - I have a "VooDoo" folder on my SD card, but don't recall ever installing Voodoo anything - anyone know where that came from?

    thanks,
    Gordon
    Voodoo file is just there, It doesn't do anything unless you have lag_fix enable, which you probably don't unless you enabled it, which I am guessing you didn't. It's of no concern.

    If your still having a lot of problemo's

    You might think about re-flashing back to 2.9 via ODIN and getting to official Froyo by following this thread :

    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...o-quickly.html

    just a thought..
  17. #67  
    Adam8756's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default

    I can confirm that removing vsuite.apk is find. You get get an FC loop. Just rrboot and you'll be fine.
  18. #68  

    Default

    Thanks for the help. I re downloaded the official update, it worked, and am running stock ED01, all good. I am sure I will root again at some point, but want to play around with the stock set up for bit....

    Love the ability to have my work exchange account and hotmail account on the phone at the same time, and its silky smooth fast. very nice bump, sorry we had to wait 6 months longer then we should have.
  19. #69  

    Default

    This is totally a rookie question, but for post 5 how do you do "The Following file is to be downloaded and put on the root of your SD card". Everything else I think I can do, I am just not sure about this one. Thanks
  20. #70  
    pikanate's Avatar

    Posts
    346 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5/LeanMinimalistic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colbys83 View Post
    This is totally a rookie question, but for post 5 how do you do "The Following file is to be downloaded and put on the root of your SD card". Everything else I think I can do, I am just not sure about this one. Thanks
    When you put something on the root of your sd card it means to not put it in a folder. Just simply put it on your sd card.

    Oh and welcome to Android Central
  21. #71  

    Default ADB push

    Hey guys,trying to reroot my Dads phone after he too the update,su is still installed but deff lost root.I've run the adb method several times over obviously getting the su already exist,after rebooting and checkin root several times still no luck.Do I need to remove the su from before update or is there a work around?
  22. #72  

    Default

    I'm a noob

    I was rooted and debloated and followed the amazingly simple odin instructions for restoring your phone back to stock, and everything worked out great. I then updated to the official froyo through verizon's network, and now I'm on 2.2!

    But I want to root again... And I tried doing the single click method after reading another forum which led me back here, and that failed as I thought it would.

    What would be the best, and easiest, way for me to re-root. I'd like to stay on the official release if possible... I read through this whole forum and couldn't find any post that clearly answered this question... Thanks for the help guys!
  23. #73  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhalick View Post
    I'm a noob

    I was rooted and debloated and followed the amazingly simple odin instructions for restoring your phone back to stock, and everything worked out great. I then updated to the official froyo through verizon's network, and now I'm on 2.2!

    But I want to root again... And I tried doing the single click method after reading another forum which led me back here, and that failed as I thought it would.

    What would be the best, and easiest, way for me to re-root. I'd like to stay on the official release if possible... I read through this whole forum and couldn't find any post that clearly answered this question... Thanks for the help guys!
    Follow the instructions in post #5 in this thread. And welcome to Android Central.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

    Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

    Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

    If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  24. #74  

    Default

    I am attempting to get the official froyo update coming from SC 2.9.2. Just to make sure that I understand, I can flash DI01 through Odin, go to settings>about phone>system updates and get the EA28 update, then repeat the process to get ED01? It seems so simple, I have the feeling I am missing something. Is this the correct way to go about it? I know there are other threads about the process, but this would seem the easiest way.
  25. #75  

    Default

    And I'll also need to extract the DI01 file before flashing via Odin, right?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B