phone will not boot after loading super frankenclean rom

govolsman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah you should have have heard a womans voice,,,

do me a favor and pull down your notification bar, does it say 2.9 in the upper left hand corner under the toggles

give me a second...I booted into recovery and enabled the lagfix. My phone is taking longer to boot up this time. Although I did hear the womans voice.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
actually it does not, it says 2.8

yeah that makes sense, 2.8 was running EB16voodoo kernel and it was not very stable, i wont pretend to know why, so the EB01voodoo kernel worked ,,, you can either push and flash 2.9voodoo or you can stay where you are at

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I had with eb16, and the only one Adrynalyne could reproduce, was not converting Voodoo. I suspect the other "stability" issues were mostly poor troubleshooting skills, I'd be surprised if anyone had issues after formatting the phone. I'm still running eb16 for the dummy tether module, have been since 2.8. I just use eb01 to covert Voodoo then reflash eb16

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I had with eb16, and the only one Adrynalyne could reproduce, was not converting Voodoo. I suspect the other "stability" issues were mostly poor troubleshooting skills, I'd be surprised if anyone had issues after formatting the phone. I'm still running eb16 for the dummy tether module, have been since 2.8. I just use eb01 to covert Voodoo then reflash eb16

ah ok thanks ,

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You don't usually, it's enabled by default and converts when you reboot

You need to go back and reread Gunnermike53's instructions from the first post in his voodoo thread. Copied directly from that post:
5. When it’s done, press the menu soft button on the bottom left of the phone. This will take you back to the first page.
Go down and select voodoo. Then you will select “enable lag fix”.

I don't do voodoo, but from what I have read it seems you have to enable lag fix the first time you switch to voodoo. If you are going from say sc2.8 voodoo to sc 2.9 voodoo, it is enabled by default and converts when you reboot. Again, just regurgitating what I have read.

Last edited:

govolsman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Phone is working beautifully. Thanks again guys.

A few questions. If by chance I want to check out other roms, is it stupid to just assume that all I need to do at this point is push the zip file to my sd card, install the zip file, and apply to update.zip? Does each rom tell you what kernel you need with it? And is my phone still ea28, or has its build number changed as well because of I flashed a new rom?

govolsman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Another question...is it necessary to keep the zip files saved on your sdcard after the rom is flashed? I would think its not necessary. Am I being stupid in thinking that you can keep several rom zip files on your sdcard and switch back and forth depending on your mood by simply going into the cwm screen and just installing the zip file and rebooting...assuming the roms use the same kernel. And if they arent, you can do the same with the kernels as you can with the roms by simply keeping several of the zip files saved and just flashing whichever one you need?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1