EB01 battery full popup

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
WTF is wrong with Samsung?

I need to kill this battery full popup in a bad way. I found a link to a CWM flashable mod, but the file appears to not be hosted there anymore.

Can someone point me in the right direction please!

Oh... I'm Stock/rooted/EB01. Will be changing to SC, but right now I'm on the road and can't flash a full OS until I'm not depending on the phone for 24/7.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
WTF is wrong with Samsung?

I need to kill this battery full popup in a bad way. I found a link to a CWM flashable mod, but the file appears to not be hosted there anymore.

Can someone point me in the right direction please!

Oh... I'm Stock/rooted/EB01. Will be changing to SC, but right now I'm on the road and can't flash a full OS until I'm not depending on the phone for 24/7.

superclean 2.9 has the full batery pop up disabled.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks PJnc284. That one worked. For some reason I never think to check XDA. <kicks own butt>

Thanks PJ. I know that battery pop up zip is in a thread here at AC (I think somewhere in Adrynalyne's original monster superclean thread) and j32driver, normally we try to link you to Android Central when the same information is available here. I just know it probably would have taken forever to find the zip file.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I found the link here on androidcentral, but mediafire said it was no longer available.

Possibly because the link at AC was from Adrynalyne and he may have shut that one down once he included the full bat pop up in his superclean ROM. I just tried the one in sbrissen's thread at xda and it downloaded just fine in mediafire.

Dsat1908

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
PJnc284 - do those files only disable the Battery Full indicator or are they full ROM'S? (i'm still new to Android). I have a Verizon Fascinate, rooted running EB01. Thanks

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
PJnc284 - do those files only disable the Battery Full indicator or are they full ROM'S? (i'm still new to Android). I have a Verizon Fascinate, rooted running EB01. Thanks

The one that PJnc284 linked is just a patch to disable the pop up, not a full ROM.

Dsat1908

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Battery Full Notification fix to my PC but I'm not sure how to execute it on my Samsung Fascinate, rooted EB01 phone. I would appreciate it if someone could post step by step instructions. Thanks in advance.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
The 100% popup is gone with 2.9 like stated above, but if you want to see the popup hit the power button while charging and turned off.

Dsat1908

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
PJnc284 & LandShark - it took a few tries but I just completed installing the Froyo battery pop-up notification fix. Well, I'll know in the middle of the night when my phone is charging if it worked! I had to reinstall the PC drivers, then CWM installed. Then I wasted time looking around the forums for "update.zip" when I already had it on my computer! I got awfully nervous after installing the Battery fix in CWM when it took longer than usual for my phone to boot, but it's fine now. Thanks again for the assistance.

Dsat1908

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's also nice when I'm at work all day streaming music with the phone plugged in. It's too bad though you have to go through those steps just to turn off that pop-up. Thanks again for all the assistance. I still can't believe Samsung & Verizon have not officially released 2.2 yet for the Fascinate. I was an i-Phone user (3G & 3GS) for two years. Apple may have their phone locked down but at least they updated it often. Makes me wonder what to buy next April!

bisonw09

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Easy Battery Pop-Up Fix

For anyone that isn't a programmer and doesn't want to risk screwing up their phone, the easiest fix to get rid of the full battery pop-up is to purchase the Fascinate dock. When the phone is docked, the indicator does not pop up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084