two charging icons when I plug in dead phone

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
thats why i always wipe data/cache befor changing roms and kernels... on my droid x i had a liberty boot logo when i flashed apex... it is just pieces of the roms still floating around... i would try wiping and reflashing

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just did that and still have two.

Read my response to the SAME EXACT THREAD YOU STARTED OVER IN THE GENERAL FASCINATE AREA 7 MINUTES BEFORE YOU STARTED THIS THREAD. Please do not post multiple threads in an attempt to get your question answered quicker. There are a lot of us here who spend a ton of time helping people, but sometimes we get busy, and we also have regular jobs and lives away from the forums. So sometimes we may not be able to answer questions in 30 seconds.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...forum-rules-guidelines-updated-2-26-2011.html

ghostrider5666

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't put it in multiple threads so it can be read faster I wanted to delete the one in Verizon Fascinate and put it in Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks but it would not let me. About the battery your wrong the battery its fine,I have two battery and it does it on both.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't put it in multiple threads so it can be read faster I wanted to delete the one in Verizon Fascinate and put it in Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks but it would not let me. About the battery your wrong the battery its fine,I have two battery and it does it on both.

If you want the other thread closed, just add a post to it asking the moderators to close it since it is a duplicate thread. And displaying the two charging icons may not be a result of damage to the battery, but I'm not wrong about the fact that running these batteries down to empty numerous times will damage the battery. You may not see the effects right away, but it absolutely will damage the battery.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Have you discharged both batteries to dead multiple times? If so, you have damaged both batteries. Here's a little reading to show how well documented it is that fully discharging a lithium ion battery to "dead" is the wrong thing to do and will definitely damage the battery:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNFvI_vtqRa8wmXJytokw_L0l_TD_w&cad=rja

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNFvI_vtqRa8wmXJytokw_L0l_TD_w&cad=rja

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNHne9FL4Wl5pn59xQRr-4HLu31J4Q&cad=rja

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNEQZjZ_rKc2iLXpo3Ei6NU_mDwrcA&cad=rja

And that' just a few of the samplings out there.

ghostrider5666

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Here is a Picture sorry about bad quality.

0318011512.jpg

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is a Picture sorry about bad quality.

mail

Sorry, for some reason I can't see it on my end. There is an image there because I can see the file name in my response here, I just can't see it. Hopefully someone else can see it and that can help them figure out what is going on. If no one has been able to offer any solutions or thoughts on the image, I will take a look when I get home from work in a few hours.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I see one battery icon and then some dots below it. Is that correct? If so, that is normal looking when the phone is off and being charged.

thats what i see too, im thinkin maybe this whole time he was thinking the dots were a battery indicator... oops...

ghostrider5666

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you see one battery charging icon then a half of one under it. Its almost like a shadow. Before this happen I had one charging icon then the dots. Can you post a picture of what your looks like?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you see one battery charging icon then a half of one under it. Its almost like a shadow. Before this happen I had one charging icon on then the dots. Can you post a picture of what your looks like?

Oh, now I noticed the shadow. I honestly don't know if my phone shows a shadow when charging while the phone is off because I never charge the phone while it is off. I won't be able to check until I get home later. In the meantime definitely read some of the stories I linked you to about how discharging our batteries all the way will damage the battery. Everything I have read said it is actually a good practice to try to keep at least a 40% charge on a Li ion battery. There is no danger of overcharging our batteries because they have a circuit in them that prevents the battery from charging past 100%. When our batteries reach 100% charge, the circuit will not accept the charge and allows the battery to drain to around 95%. Then it accepts the charge until the battery is at 100%, then it just continues that cycle until you disconnect it from the charge.