possibly bricked my phone

andcircuit

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I was installing a new boot animation and now it wont turn on. It just sticks to trhe "Samsung" screen. I tried booting it in recovery but its not working at all. I looked at other previous threads but they were all able to do boot recovery.
:(

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't panic.

I would say try reflashing CWM first though. It's strange that it won't come up. Are you sure you just flashed a boot animation?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I blue recovery?

try this remove your battery,, press and hold Volume up and volume down (dont let go) insert the battery ,, continue to hold the buttons and press and hold the power button till samsung flashes twice,, after that let go of the buttons

andcircuit

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
do you even see a samsung logo?

yes, thats all i see unless i plug in my phone then i see the charging battery, not charging though. I'm downloading "paralles desktop 6" for mac its supposed to run windows apps. its 14 day trial, thats all i'd need...
EDIT: after waiting 30 minutes the blue recovery came up. what should i do?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yes, thats all i see unless i plug in my phone then i see the charging battery, not charging though. I'm downloading "paralles desktop 6" for mac its supposed to run windows apps. its 14 day trial, thats all i'd need...
EDIT: after waiting 30 minutes the blue recovery came up. what should i do?

cannot really do much , you need red, and im assuming you never placed an update.zip file on your sdcard, but just incase you did somehow go to apply sdcard:update.zip and hit the home button hopefully it will lead you into red,,,, if not then we will need that windows things..... at least its not a brick.

oh and do not try to do a factory restore it wont help

andcircuit

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
cannot really do much , you need red, and im assuming you never placed an update.zip file on your sdcard, but just incase you did somehow go to apply sdcard:update.zip and hit the home button hopefully it will lead you into red,,,, if not then we will need that windows things..... at least its not a brick.

oh and do not try to do a factory restore it wont help
i thought i put an update.zip on but it said it failed. should i try rebooting the system? or just turn it off and wait for that program?
FYI I owe you so much! I'm definitely going to buy you your coffee when i can lol.
EDIT: I went ahead and rebooted it anyway and everything is good!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i thought i put an update.zip on but it said it failed. should i try rebooting the system? or just turn it off and wait for that program?
FYI I owe you so much! I'm definitely going to buy you your coffee when i can lol.

thank you but ,dont feel obligated my friend

yes try to reboot you have nothing to lose at this point

Tobii1

Banned
Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I too got into the same situation with 'SAMSUNG' logo sitting there (do to a failed Titanium Backup uninstall of Swype). I have a PC so I used ODIN to re-flash 2.9. Clearing of Cash and Dev Cash did the trick. BTW I used explorer to delete Swype.apk. All is well for me at this point.

dark96

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
and: i know this is going to help much at all, but i did have this problem, i had to boot into cwm, using the manual method of holding the vol up and down buttons and the power buttons till the logo flashed twice, and just reflashed sc 2.9. I dunno if you tried that yet or hell even got it working by now. Also I'm totally unfamiliar with the process with mac, but can you connect the usb and sc again with odin?

Edit: man by the time i try to type up my idea like 5 other post appear from what i saw last...:( i'm never any help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae