Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_of_Thunder View Post
    Got it figured out. I was thinking you could only do nandroid backup thru rom manager. Another question: If I end up not liking the theme I installed is the order of getting back to the clean rom i just backed up as follows?

1. Flash EB01 Froyo modem
    2. Flash SC 2.9

Would I need to delete anything before I did the above? Thanks for being patient with another newbie!
    You do not need to re-flash the modem. Just clear the Dalvik cache and the cache partition before you reflash SC 2.9.
    Confucius: “Never use a cannon to kill a fly.” - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

Alrighty sounds easy enough.

*Edit* I scrolled up in the link you posted earlier and found out how to clear those two things. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    I would suggest that you flash the theme you want over the current theme after your clear your caches.
    I thought that would cause problems.

sent from my super clean 2.9.1 voodoo fascinate
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by cwd500 View Post
    I thought that would cause problems.

sent from my super clean 2.9.1 voodoo fascinate
    Only if you are restoring a themed ROM from a backup. There have been issues with with themes being flashed on top of each other in tandem causing issues..

There less risks of a boot loop.
    Confucius: “Never use a cannon to kill a fly.” - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

ROM
    AOKP b33

I had it up for a few before I realized it still needed development. I know a few others had it going as well. I did not encounter that error.
    Got it loaded finally. now to see what it does to the battery!

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

@JaeKar99... Dude, how have you not received more "thanks" for maintaining this thread?

Come on people show the man some love.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by JeremytheIndian View Post
    @JaeKar99... Dude, how have you not received more "thanks" for maintaining this thread?

Come on people show the man some love.
    New - Revised Thread. Trying to consolidate and offer a (one stop shop). All the old thanks were great. They stayed with the locked threads..
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

10-4 I thought that might be case but I wasn't sure, I went through and rethanked for the extra effort and keeping things clean and organized for all our customizing needs.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

Need some help... Newly rooted and loving it! I flashed my first theme yesterday (NitroDark Eclipse v3.0) and it went well. Worked great. I wanted to try other ones, just to check them out and the only other one that would work was NitroComb. Nothing else. I must of tried about 6 other themes. When installing it would stop and say ...
    " Amend Scripting (Update Script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in ANdroid 1.5. Please Switch to Edify Scripting to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted"

Any ideas?? Thanks.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by jjcasillas15 View Post
    Need some help... Newly rooted and loving it! I flashed my first theme yesterday (NitroDark Eclipse v3.0) and it went well. Worked great. I wanted to try other ones, just to check them out and the only other one that would work was NitroComb. Nothing else. I must of tried about 6 other themes. When installing it would stop and say ...
    " Amend Scripting (Update Script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in ANdroid 1.5. Please Switch to Edify Scripting to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted"

Any ideas?? Thanks.
    You are using Clockwork Mod Recovery version 3.0.0.8. It will not install the Amend scripts.. Nitro(Dark/Eclipse) are written so that they will install (currently the only ones that will)

You will need to use a the Clockwork Mod Recovery version 2.5.1.x - it is installed via Odin.. This will need to be flashed in Odin. - Follow the instructions located here - To install this file. - Subsittute the file name of the downloaded file..
    Once you have this flashed to your phone: Reinstall your battery and power up the phone. You now have CWM 2.5.1.x installed (and CWM 3.0.0.8 as update.zip on sdcard)...

Don't use ROM Manager or update.zip after installing this file. You should use your power button Recovery option or boot into recovery via the vol up+down+power sequence.

You should avoid using the CWM 3.0.0.8 unless the theme/ROM is Edify ready. You will get nothing but errors.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

You are using Clockwork Mod Recovery version 3.0.0.8. It will not install the Amend scripts.. Nitro(Dark/Eclipse) are written so that they will install (currently the only ones that will)

You will need to use a the Clockwork Mod Recovery version 2.5.1.x - it is installed via Odin.. This will need to be flashed in Odin. - Follow the instructions located here - To install this file. - Subsittute the file name of the downloaded file..
    Once you have this flashed to your phone: Reinstall your battery and power up the phone. You now have CWM 2.5.1.x installed (and CWM 3.0.0.8 as update.zip on sdcard)...

Don't use ROM Manager or update.zip after installing this file. You should use your power button Recovery option or boot into recovery via the vol up+down+power sequence.

You should avoid using the CWM 3.0.0.8 unless the theme/ROM is Edify ready. You will get nothing but errors.
    Should I uninstall the ROM Manager app that I have or just not use it in the future? Thanks for all your help.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Should I uninstall the ROM Manager app that I have or just not use it in the future? Thanks for all your help.
    You can choose to uninstall if you wish. It currently has very little benefit to running on the Samsung Fascinate. I do not currently use it.

If you do choose to remove ROM Manager, you will need to remember to remove the update.zip file currently on your sdcard. That is where CWM version 3.0.0.8 (Orange) lives.

When the newer versions of themes and ROMS that use Edify become more readily available we will need to start using CWM Orange.. until then stick with CWM Red.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

You can choose to uninstall if you wish. It currently has very little benefit to running on the Samsung Fascinate. I do not currently use it.

If you do choose to remove ROM Manager, you will need to remember to remove the update.zip file currently on your sdcard. That is where CWM version 3.0.0.8 (Orange) lives.

When the newer versions of themes and ROMS that use Edify become more readily available we will need to start using CWM Orange.. until then stick with CWM Red.
    Followed your directions and now rocking a sweet green theme (VA 1.9.2). Once again thanks for your help! Wife is going to hate you now though cause all I'm going to be doing is messing the phone LOL.

Followed your directions and now rocking a sweet green theme (VA 1.9.2). Once again thanks for your help! Wife is going to hate you now though cause all I'm going to be doing is messing the phone LOL.
    Welcome to our own little crack shack :-D
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Default Help me please!!!!!

I installed a new theme for my phone now phone process keeps foreclosing and my screen is flickering...what do i do
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by cjmaldondom View Post
    I installed a new theme for my phone now phone process keeps foreclosing and my screen is flickering...what do i do
    I think that the first thing to say would be restore your backup
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I think that the first thing to say would be restore your backup
    Ok I just realized that that wasnt very helpful. Did you do a backup with clockwork?

If so, that should help solve the problem
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by cjmaldondom View Post
    If you do not have a back up of the clean ROM.. then you will likely have to boot into recovery, clear your Dalvik cache, the cache partition and then re-flash your base ROM.. That will usually resolve the problem.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

If you do not have a back up of the clean ROM.. then you will likely have to boot into recovery, clear your Dalvik cache, the cache partition and then re-flash your base ROM.. That will usually resolve the problem.
    thats an aweful lot of work for that problem. just flash a new theme. as long as that theme, themes the phone dialer you are good to go.

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

I flashed the Theme Nitro Dark and I really liked the boot animation. Howver, I tried some others out that I thought I would like, but decided I like the one that came with the theme the most.

Is there a way to restore just the boot animation from the theme? Or do I just have to reflash the whole theme itself?

Thanks guys!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by JOrtenzi View Post
    I flashed the Theme Nitro Dark and I really liked the boot animation. Howver, I tried some others out that I thought I would like, but decided I like the one that came with the theme the most.

Is there a way to restore just the boot animation from the theme? Or do I just have to reflash the whole theme itself?

Thanks guys!
    In Post #9 of this thread there is a process of extracting the "bootanimation.zip" file from a theme..

Chances are also good that the boot animation already present (labeled differently) - on the links page. - I will post the link here when I establish which on it is..

Edit: NitroDark v3 Boot animation is AndroidParticles1 Green - ||

Download file - it must be renamed: bootanimation.zip and then use Method B to install..
    That should get you what you want.
    Last edited by JaeKar99; 03-23-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

In Post #9 of this thread there is a process of extracting the "bootanimation.zip" file from a theme..

Chances are also good that the boot animation already present (labeled differently) - on the links page. - I will post the link here when I establish which on it is..

Edit: NitroDark v3 Boot animation is AndroidParticles1 Green - ||

Download file - it must be renamed: bootanimation.zip and then use Method B to install..
    That should get you what you want.
    Thanks JaeKar... I actually made a mistake. I have the Nitro Dark Eclipse theme (forgot to throw that in there) but I appreciate you extracting that for me. Let me go ahead and see if I can extract the boot animation using the steps in post 9... that the only way im gonna learn this stuff! If I run into problems, I will report back for more help. And I will "thank" you when I can get to a PC!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Fascinate
    2.9.1 sc/EC10/Nitro Dark
    If someone helps you out, don't forget to use the "thanks" button!
    Thanked by 2:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by JOrtenzi View Post
    Thanks JaeKar... I actually made a mistake. I have the Nitro Dark Eclipse theme (forgot to throw that in there) but I appreciate you extracting that for me. Let me go ahead and see if I can extract the boot animation using the steps in post 9... that the only way im gonna learn this stuff! If I run into problems, I will report back for more help. And I will "thank" you when I can get to a PC!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Fascinate
    2.9.1 sc/EC10/Nitro Dark
    I didn't really extract it.. wink wink.. I looked inside the bootanimation.zip file and recognized the images... Knew where it was and copied the links..

Anything I (we) can do to help people learn and then they can teach others is the main goal. - The "thanks" goes to you for that!
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    COMROM what else is there

On my quest for knowledge im curious if I'm able to download a theme or anything like bootscreens directly from my phone browser then install or flash like normal or if I need to usb to a pc then go threw the normal process and if so what apps or programs would I need on my phone to do so thanks for any info anyone has
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by T3CH9ICIAN View Post
    On my quest for knowledge im curious if I'm able to download a theme or anything like bootscreens directly from my phone browser then install or flash like normal or if I need to usb to a pc then go threw the normal process and if so what apps or programs would I need on my phone to do so thanks for any info anyone has
    I have been able to log into different sites on the Internet from the browser on my phone: download files to the sdcard (download folder) then install as required...
    Thanked by 2:
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast