Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by cwd500 View Post
    does anyone know if va green works with 2.9.2. i had it on 2.9.1 and really loved it.
    Actually flashed that this morning. Works good. Havent noticed any problems with it so far.

What if I flash a theme and don't like it? How can I get my old theme back? I'm running EB01 SC 2.9.1.
    Blackberry 8320? OLD > blackberry 8703e > blackberry curve > blackberry Storm 2 > Samsung Fascinate>Droid Charge

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Quote Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post
    What if I flash a theme and don't like it? How can I get my old theme back? I'm running EB01 SC 2.9.1.
    before flashing a new theme, ALWAYS do a nandriod back-up through CWM. That way if something goes wrong, or you don't like the new theme, you can always just restore the old theme
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

on the va green thread on xda there is a zip for icon docks and wallpapers. it says to unzip and use as you please. what do you do with it once it is unziped?

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

on the va green thread on xda there is a zip for icon docks and wallpapers. it says to unzip and use as you please. what do you do with it once it is unziped?
    i would think unzip the icons onto your SD card and if you want to use those images for your icons, then you can...

where is this thread? can you post a link?

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1.0 / Glitch
    Does your phone increase your productivity or decrease it?

Nexus on JBSourcery

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1.0 / Glitch

As he said - unzip and use the images as you please, but as of earlier this week, the file wasn't leading anywhere. It lead to an empty MacOS folder. He said he was having some issue with it, so check it out, and if it doesn't work - maybe send him a reminder. Good luck.
    Does your phone increase your productivity or decrease it?

Nexus on JBSourcery

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

yep.... just what I thought.... unzip to get the icon files, put the icons on your SD card, and then you can use them as your LP dock icons

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

i just flashed va green theme and apps on 2.9.2 and everthing seems to be working fine.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

i got the icons for va green. that was easy and it looks even better now!

ROM
    Ultimate KangBang 1.3

JaeKar (or anyone else),

I extracted the 'bootanimation.zip' file from Adryn's SC 2.9 voodoo zip with the intention of copy/pasting it into the 'system > media' folder on my phone.

I renamed the current boot file in that folder to 'bootanimation.zip.old' then pasted Adryn's boot file.

After rebooting, instead of seeing that great exploding honeycomb animation, all I saw was the word 'ANDROID' on the screen in landscape view with some highlighting animation... not what I expected!

Was I supposed to flash Adryn's bootanimation.zip with CWM or did I do something else wrong? DroidXcon seemed to think it has something to do with VooDoo and said to ask you or Gunnermike...

Thanks for any guidance!

- Vince
    Optimists buy gold. Pessimists buy brass and lead.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Your preview links for EB01/EB16 Nitro's Ultimate Honeycomb v3.1 - (SC 2.9.2 Ready) come up on XDA as invalid. Just wanted to let you know
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post
    Hi putney. Sorry, I was stuck at the office late. If you want to go back to your old theme, best way would be to boot to recovery, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache, flash 2.9, reboot phone, wait a minute or two to let it fully load, boot to recovery, flash 2.9.1 patch, reboot phone, wait again, boot to recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, flash old theme, reboot phone.

You can try simply booting to recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, flash old theme, reboot phone. Depends on which theme has deeper customizations. Old theme has more - no problem. New theme has more - may still have remnants of new theme carry over.

Also 2.9.2 is out which includes everything from 2.9 and the 2.9.1 patch plus a few other modifications/tweaks. If you want to save yourself the step of flashing the ROM and the patch separately, you could download 2.9.2 to your sd card and flash it through cwm.

Hope this helps.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

ROM

Thanks a lot, just flashed Honeycomb3.1 theme looks awesome.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by vjoaquin View Post
    JaeKar (or anyone else),

I extracted the 'bootanimation.zip' file from Adryn's SC 2.9 voodoo zip with the intention of copy/pasting it into the 'system > media' folder on my phone.

I renamed the current boot file in that folder to 'bootanimation.zip.old' then pasted Adryn's boot file.

After rebooting, instead of seeing that great exploding honeycomb animation, all I saw was the word 'ANDROID' on the screen in landscape view with some highlighting animation... not what I expected!

Was I supposed to flash Adryn's bootanimation.zip with CWM or did I do something else wrong? DroidXcon seemed to think it has something to do with VooDoo and said to ask you or Gunnermike...

Thanks for any guidance!

- Vince
    Don't flash. This issue has occurred with voodoo boot animation switches in the past. Please check out this post by ragnarokx - He details the issues and a fix... However - I would not flash the boot animation... it will likely need to be installed with method B.

I looked at the boot animation file in SC 2.9.2 it installs to system/media. - Here is a copy of that exact file. I looked into the VA green theme and the bootanimation.zip file is also in the same directory. As long as all files are in the correct locations you should be seeing the boot.

Given I do not use voodoo it would be recommended that you check in with gunnermike53 - he has worked voodoo from every angle..
    Last edited by JaeKar99; 03-25-2011 at 06:30 AM.
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

Hello, wast told talk Jaekar about how to go about getting sound for the bootanimation.zip currently running EC10SC292x_DXc.tar.

The bootanimation displays and works fine except for the sound part of it.

What can I do to fix it. All files are in the proper places
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel6698 View Post
    Hello, wast told talk Jaekar about how to go about getting sound for the bootanimation.zip currently running EC10SC292x_DXc.tar.

The bootanimation displays and works fine except for the sound part of it.

What can I do to fix it. All files are in the proper places
    There is good news and bad news as far as sound for boot animations;
    Bad news - current kernels do not support the playing of sound during boot animations. (Shutdown sounds are playable)

Good news
    - Samsung released the source code for new kernel development yesterday.. (for Mezmerize - Fascinate twin) the hope is that new kernels will start to roll out in the next week or so... with that in play we should start to see the capability for boot sounds, voodoo sound, and voodoo graphics enhancements...
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

ROM
    sc 2.9.2/ ec10 voodoo

are any of these themes capabile with the ec10 kernel?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by ajjohn25 View Post
    are any of these themes capabile with the ec10 kernel?
    There is no compatibility issues with EC10. - No problems with any of the themes on the links page... The newer themes; identified as having 2.9.2 are using the framework from the SuperClean 2.9.2. You may only notice some artifacts with images... using older themes.

Flash and Enjoy.
    Last edited by JaeKar99; 03-25-2011 at 11:10 AM.

I just flashed Nitrohoneycomb and I'm liking it so far except I'm not a big fan of the way the keyboard looks...Is there any way I can change that back to the stock SC 2.9.2 keyboard?

Also, If i wanted to go back to stock SC 2.9.2 with no theme, what would be the best way to do that?

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

i have va green on 2.9.2 and i just noticed that in the notification bar it still says 2.9.1.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

i have va green on 2.9.2 and i just noticed that in the notification bar it still says 2.9.1.
    I would bet that the va green theme was built on the 2.9.1 framework.. The 2.9.2 ROM is still there.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by JJHunter View Post
    I just flashed Nitrohoneycomb and I'm liking it so far except I'm not a big fan of the way the keyboard looks...Is there any way I can change that back to the stock SC 2.9.2 keyboard?

Also, If i wanted to go back to stock SC 2.9.2 with no theme, what would be the best way to do that?
    To get back to stock - You should restore your nandroid back up of the ROM before you flashed your theme... it is recommended (strongly) that you do a back up of your ROM prior to flashing your theme of choice.

Worst case scenario is to clear caches (Dalvik and partition) then reflash 2.9.2. That will take you back to stock without any loss of data.

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    To get back to stock - You should restore your nandroid back up of the ROM before you flashed your theme... it is recommended (strongly) that you do a back up of your ROM prior to flashing your theme of choice.

Worst case scenario is to clear caches (Dalvik and partition) then reflash 2.9.2. That will take you back to stock without any loss of data.
    Hey JaeKar...I tried a nandriod restore earlier today, but ended up in a boot loop. When I asked about it, gunnermike informed me that restore in CWM is broken and is being fixed. I am assuming there is no other way to restore your nandriod back-up excpet through CWM, is that correct?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by JOrtenzi View Post
    Hey JaeKar...I tried a nandriod restore earlier today, but ended up in a boot loop. When I asked about it, gunnermike informed me that restore in CWM is broken and is being fixed. I am assuming there is no other way to restore your nandriod back-up excpet through CWM, is that correct?
    You (and gunnermike53) are correct. If you tried to restore a backup that is themed it will not restore. Some base ROMs will not restore either but there has been better luck without the theme added in..

If you backup your freshly flashed base ROM un-themed - it will usually restore. Gunnermike53 has suggested: flash a theme over a theme to remedy the problem - I have had mixed success with that technique.

I keep a copy of the base ROM (SC 2.9.2) backed up and a copy of the zip on my sdcard. If I flash a theme I choose to revert back I will go with the backup in a pinch... There have been times that it will not restore..

If it will not restore I will clear both caches and flash the ROM back on - Either way - it takes the same amount of time.
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast