Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    davey11 - are you still stable on -50mv?.. I am watching XDA and there are guys with major FC issues, loss of root, and some other issues with the -100mv.
    Ya...did about 5 reboots and all good...the 10 uv booted up ok was good in the ui but jus plain locked on shutdown screen
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #152  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by cwd500 View Post
    I just tried flashing 100 uv and when it started to boot it just went back samsung. I pulled battery booted in cwm and flashed the comavolt and it worked. How much under is the comavolt kernal?

sent from my super clean 2.9.2 voodoo fascinate
    times_infinity did not specify how much he undervolted.. He modeled his after adrynalyne's undervolts - that being said - very agressive -50 to -100mv.
    Confucius: “Never use a cannon to kill a fly.” - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Hey Jaekar,
    I've been spreading the word about the problems people are reporting with the imnuts kernels. Lots of FC and loss of root. Also you said earlier jt's kernels only worked with touchwiz launcher. I think actually what he said was they only work with a touchwiz based ROM, which superclean and darkrevenge are. So basically these kernels would not work with AOSP. I flashed jt's kernels with no problem.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

Arg I lost root...don't do these kernels..imnuts is looking into fix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #155  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Arg I lost root...don't do these kernels..imnuts is looking into fix
    Pulling the links now.
    Confucius: “Never use a cannon to kill a fly.” - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #156  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Hey Jaekar,
    I've been spreading the word about the problems people are reporting with the imnuts kernels. Lots of FC and loss of root. Also you said earlier jt's kernels only worked with touchwiz launcher. I think actually what he said was they only work with a touchwiz based ROM, which superclean and darkrevenge are. So basically these kernels would not work with AOSP. I flashed jt's kernels with no problem.
    Thanks for the catch man!.. Some days it does not pay to drink the coffee.

Ok I just flashed back to times infinity uv kernel....root is back

Strange that a kernel flash brings back root...I thought kernels have nothing to do with system stuff...I ain't smart enuff to figger that out

No boot sound ):

Hey at least this stuff don't do the bl and fc hell ... at least not for me

sorry jae for trashing up ur thread
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Thanks for the catch man!.. Some days it does not pay to drink the coffee.
    Try the tequila......it'll cure what ails ya
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Tequila is just wrong, it makes me want to eat taco bell...
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #160  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Ok I just flashed back to times infinity uv kernel....root is back

Strange that a kernel flash brings back root...I thought kernels have nothing to do with system stuff...I ain't smart enuff to figger that out

No boot sound ):

Hey at least this stuff don't do the bl and fc hell ... at least not for me

sorry jae for trashing up ur thread

Not a chance!!! Do not apologize! This is exactly what we need to see. We would have not known about how screwy things got unless you were communicating directly with all of us..

Please continue to offer feedback!

Edit (Update): imnuts is updating his kernels - has a line on a fix and will put up new kernels in a couple of hours. This is the adventure that we signed on for!
    Last edited by JaeKar99; 03-28-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    Thanked by:

I just loaded up imnuts new updated 50 uv kernel...have not lost root/no fc or bl...boot sound is gone...seems ok so far....will report any anomalies
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Not a chance!!! Do not apologize! This is exactly what we need to see. We would have not known about how screwy things got unless you were communicating directly with all of us..

Please continue to offer feedback!

Edit (Update): imnuts is updating his kernels - has a line on a fix and will put up new kernels in a couple of hours. This is the adventure that we signed on for!
    Woohoo!!!!! Everyone on the roller coaster

Woohoo!!!!! Everyone on the roller coaster
    It certainly is not a boring time for flashing stuff....there was a lull there for a time.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

It certainly is not a boring time for flashing stuff....there was a lull there for a time.

Davey are you going to install this now?

@Anyone, please test this make sure fix permisions work for the nandroid and through the menu and let me know through PM so i can replace it in my thread and rewrite how to fix permissions
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Davey are you going to install this now?

@Anyone, please test this make sure fix permisions work for the nandroid and through the menu and let me know through PM so i can replace it in my thread and rewrite how to fix permissions
    Uh the post is a couple a days old. Install what? Did lotsa installs ;-)

This message was sent by Tapatalk

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Uh the post is a couple a days old. Install what? Did lotsa installs ;-)

He was talking about the new cwm. I sent him a pm.

He was talking about the new cwm. I sent him a pm.
    Ahh, shoulda sent me one too lol. I was thinking huhh whut?? Lol
    Ya, I did as soon as I saw your post in the other thread. I did a backup with the new cwm, but not quite ready to do a restore. I'm not in test mode like you guys. :-P

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Ahh, shoulda sent me one too lol. I was thinking huhh whut?? Lol
    Ya, I did as soon as I saw your post in the other thread. I did a backup with the new cwm, but not quite ready to do a restore. I'm not in test mode like you guys. :-P

Don't do a restore with it. GizmoDroid posted in jt's clockwork thread there was one other thing to do with a mount, so you would have to do the mount manually to get the restore to work. Best to hold off for a day or two until the fix is done, then redownload the cwm-all file from jt's thread and flash it on your phone.

Phone is working good now, no need for restore. If it ain't broke, no fix.
    Thx for the heads up

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Has anyone tried the CameraMod that allows the power button to act like the shutter button from the XDA forum? Sounds really tempting, as I would like to have all the features it offers.. I read around but didn't see much feedback about it..

If I flash and it screws things up would I be good just reflashing 2.9.2 to get old camera back? Or should I look to the XDA forum for help ?
    H2o

Heres a question that has probably been answed somewhere but I cant find it.

I have Nitro's Ultimate Honeycomb v3.1.2 installed. I was using steel blue. I like the honeycomb better so Im sticking with it for now,BUT one thing I did like in steel blue was in my contacts list,whomever I dont have a personal picture of, had a picture of the black horned devil droid,is there any way I could get that on the honey comb theme?.

I looked in the system folder of the theme system/app to be exact and founfd the .apx file. I transfered that file to my sd card,used root explorer to find the .apx in the honeycomb theme,renamed it .old transfered the steel blue .apx file to that directory,but it didnt work.

I dunno thought Id give it a shot,no harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lttlwing16 View Post
    Has anyone tried the CameraMod that allows the power button to act like the shutter button from the XDA forum? Sounds really tempting, as I would like to have all the features it offers.. I read around but didn't see much feedback about it..

If I flash and it screws things up would I be good just reflashing 2.9.2 to get old camera back? Or should I look to the XDA forum for help ?
    Super clean includes it.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lttlwing16 View Post

After i flashed 2.9.2 when i tried to use the power button as a shutter it wouldnt work..an icon of a padlock would showup on my screen. I had to flash the camera mod to get the powerbutton shutter functionallity back again.

Quote Originally Posted by briguyy View Post
    After i flashed 2.9.2 when i tried to use the power button as a shutter it wouldnt work..an icon of a padlock would showup on my screen. I had to flash the camera mod to get the powerbutton shutter functionallity back again.
    Mine does it. Maybe he stashed a setting somewhere to toggle. I'm not sure.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Elite View Post
    Mine does it. Maybe he stashed a setting somewhere to toggle. I'm not sure.

Mine does not..same thing lock screen...I looked around and no settings within the camera app..maybe I'll head over to the Adry thread and ask there..
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast