[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I just loaded up imnuts new updated 50 uv kernel...have not lost root/no fc or bl...boot sound is gone...seems ok so far....will report any anomalies

Reactions: JaeKar99

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not a chance!!! Do not apologize! This is exactly what we need to see. We would have not known about how screwy things got unless you were communicating directly with all of us..

Please continue to offer feedback!

Edit (Update): imnuts is updating his kernels - has a line on a fix and will put up new kernels in a couple of hours. This is the adventure that we signed on for!

Woohoo!!!!! Everyone on the roller coaster :p

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It certainly is not a boring time for flashing stuff....there was a lull there for a time.

:D

Davey are you going to install this now?

@Anyone, please test this make sure fix permisions work for the nandroid and through the menu and let me know through PM so i can replace it in my thread and rewrite how to fix permissions

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Davey are you going to install this now?

@Anyone, please test this make sure fix permisions work for the nandroid and through the menu and let me know through PM so i can replace it in my thread and rewrite how to fix permissions

Uh the post is a couple a days old. Install what? Did lotsa installs ;-)

This message was sent by Tapatalk

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
He was talking about the new cwm. I sent him a pm.

Ahh, shoulda sent me one too lol. I was thinking huhh whut?? Lol
Ya, I did as soon as I saw your post in the other thread. I did a backup with the new cwm, but not quite ready to do a restore. I'm not in test mode like you guys. :p

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, shoulda sent me one too lol. I was thinking huhh whut?? Lol
Ya, I did as soon as I saw your post in the other thread. I did a backup with the new cwm, but not quite ready to do a restore. I'm not in test mode like you guys. :p

Don't do a restore with it. GizmoDroid posted in jt's clockwork thread there was one other thing to do with a mount, so you would have to do the mount manually to get the restore to work. Best to hold off for a day or two until the fix is done, then redownload the cwm-all file from jt's thread and flash it on your phone.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Phone is working good now, no need for restore. If it ain't broke, no fix.
Thx for the heads up

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the CameraMod that allows the power button to act like the shutter button from the XDA forum? Sounds really tempting, as I would like to have all the features it offers.. I read around but didn't see much feedback about it..

If I flash and it screws things up would I be good just reflashing 2.9.2 to get old camera back? Or should I look to the XDA forum for help ?

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Heres a question that has probably been answed somewhere but I cant find it.

I have Nitro's Ultimate Honeycomb v3.1.2 installed. I was using steel blue. I like the honeycomb better so Im sticking with it for now,BUT one thing I did like in steel blue was in my contacts list,whomever I dont have a personal picture of, had a picture of the black horned devil droid,is there any way I could get that on the honey comb theme?.

I looked in the system folder of the theme system/app to be exact and founfd the .apx file. I transfered that file to my sd card,used root explorer to find the .apx in the honeycomb theme,renamed it .old transfered the steel blue .apx file to that directory,but it didnt work.

I dunno thought Id give it a shot,no harm no foul.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the CameraMod that allows the power button to act like the shutter button from the XDA forum? Sounds really tempting, as I would like to have all the features it offers.. I read around but didn't see much feedback about it..

If I flash and it screws things up would I be good just reflashing 2.9.2 to get old camera back? Or should I look to the XDA forum for help ?

Super clean includes it.

Reactions: Aotek 42

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

After i flashed 2.9.2 when i tried to use the power button as a shutter it wouldnt work..an icon of a padlock would showup on my screen. I had to flash the camera mod to get the powerbutton shutter functionallity back again.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After i flashed 2.9.2 when i tried to use the power button as a shutter it wouldnt work..an icon of a padlock would showup on my screen. I had to flash the camera mod to get the powerbutton shutter functionallity back again.

Mine does it. Maybe he stashed a setting somewhere to toggle. I'm not sure.

notesdude

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello!
I have a simple need and a question - I have a VZB Fascinate with the stock EA28 update.

I'd like to run 2.2
I'd like an OS that doesn't REBOOT when I'm trying to punch in the code to join a conference bridge.
I'd like to not loose the functionality I have with the "Official" OS.
I'd like a "nandroid" type backup function.

I tinkered around a bit - Had ROM Manager, got it were it would unzip a file but used the 3.0.0.8 (found later that this was a bad idea.) I did *not* put any ROM on it and ended up with a phone where bluetooth wouldn't turn on, and when I hooked it to my notebook I could no longer see it has a drive so I ended up flashing it back to DI01 and thought all was great until it rebooted again while using it.

Not really interested in overclocking but would like an optimized OS.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there an "odin" image I can just pump over to it w/o messing around with this, that and the other thing?

Thanks for any advice!

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello!
I have a simple need and a question - I have a VZB Fascinate with the stock EA28 update.

I'd like to run 2.2
I'd like an OS that doesn't REBOOT when I'm trying to punch in the code to join a conference bridge.
I'd like to not loose the functionality I have with the "Official" OS.
I'd like a "nandroid" type backup function.

I tinkered around a bit - Had ROM Manager, got it were it would unzip a file but used the 3.0.0.8 (found later that this was a bad idea.) I did *not* put any ROM on it and ended up with a phone where bluetooth wouldn't turn on, and when I hooked it to my notebook I could no longer see it has a drive so I ended up flashing it back to DI01 and thought all was great until it rebooted again while using it.

Not really interested in overclocking but would like an optimized OS.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there an "odin" image I can just pump over to it w/o messing around with this, that and the other thing?

Thanks for any advice!

If your going to make the move..Droid X Con has awesome ODIN packages with everything you need..

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html

NOTE: This may be what you need, but if you come from 2.1 to 2.2 with this it's going to wipe everything...all your apps everything..just make sure you read through the HOW TO posts on rooting etc...there is a LOT of good info in these forums...

hope that helps...

sorry Wyllic...was typing when you posted.. so +1

Reactions: notesdude

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Heres a question that has probably been answed somewhere but I cant find it.

I have Nitro's Ultimate Honeycomb v3.1.2 installed. I was using steel blue. I like the honeycomb better so Im sticking with it for now,BUT one thing I did like in steel blue was in my contacts list,whomever I dont have a personal picture of, had a picture of the black horned devil droid,is there any way I could get that on the honey comb theme?.

I looked in the system folder of the theme system/app to be exact and founfd the .apx file. I transfered that file to my sd card,used root explorer to find the .apx in the honeycomb theme,renamed it .old transfered the steel blue .apx file to that directory,but it didnt work.

I dunno thought Id give it a shot,no harm no foul.

The file you are wanting to is the ic_contacts_picture.png

It is located in the contacts.apk - drawable-hdpi folder

You will likely have to decompile each theme and swap out the file. - compile and then install.

Reactions: Aotek 42