Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by SirValtam View Post
    FYI I am a noob at this (as if you couldn't tell lol) I am still researching and gathering needed info and programs. I have a very slow internet connection at home. I work 7days a week right now so doing little research here and there and trying to keep track of all the info is hard for me. I need a day to study and let it all sink in. But love all the info on this site. Mad Thanks to you and others here for you time and knowledge. I need to get ready for work as I am typing this lol but will try and get on after work tonight. Maybe if your on then we can have you root my phone for me. Thanks for you Time and Support.
    Very Welcome, please feel free to ask any questions we are very noob friendly. I should be around in the evening since i work at night, im usually available(Just dont tell my boss ).
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    there is a screen sharing program i use, if not there are a couple different methods that you can try for yourself

Fascinate withdrawls eh?
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

I finally got the abs all set, but now when i click on start root, the files do not all push and the cmd screen closes very quickly. All I can make out is "Find is not recognized......." and then I cant see what else it says. Has anyone encountered this issue before?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by dablitzkrieg View Post
    I finally got the abs all set, but now when i click on start root, the files do not all push and the cmd screen closes very quickly. All I can make out is "Find is not recognized......." and then I cant see what else it says. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

If one click doesn't work click through to the master thread that I linked, and go ahead and try option 2, or option 3.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

YAY I just rooted my Phone!!!

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Quote Originally Posted by SirValtam View Post
    YAY I just rooted my Phone!!!
    Congrats!
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

ROM
    KangBang 2.1/OTB v1.6

Hello Im a nube and I rooted phone correctly but BLUETOOTH will not turn on PLEASE HELP
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by sharvis14 View Post
    Hello Im a nube and I rooted phone correctly but BLUETOOTH will not turn on PLEASE HELP
    What did you flash?

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Could not download, says a virus is in the file
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by rnstrs View Post
    Could not download, says a virus is in the file
    Lets start with more information. There are many files on the internet that contain virus's LOL. Are you refering to one in the thread? j/k

Really though, which file.

ROM
    KangBang 2.1/OTB v1.6

Ok I just needed to reboot the phone root is working as well as bluetooth. I have not flashed anything yet. Are these the only steps i would need to follow to get Froyo 2.2.

To install Odin packages on your device
    1. First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need a Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of odin.

Download your flavor of Froyo Below

Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod
    EB01_DXC.tar

Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod
    EB01DB_DXC.tar

3.) You will need to download Odin application tool found here ODIN or ODIN mirror
    4.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
    5.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
    6.) Remove battery from phone.
    7.) Launch ODIN on PC.
    8.) Plug USB cable into phone.
    9.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
    10.) Press and hold the volume-down key until you see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode.(Please see 2nd picture in post #3)You can now release the volume key. At this point you will see a yellow com port in the upper left hand corner of the Odin applicate. .(Please see 3rd picture in post #3)

11.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

12.) Choose the .tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button.(this should take approx 3 to 6mins)
    13.) Phone will power down when finished.
    14.) Remove USB cable.
    15.) Reinsert battery.
    16.) Power phone and wait to boot approx 4mins

Also would I need to backup data and then wipe before this initial process.
    THANKS

i cant download the file cwm-recovery-ALL.tar the website it is on will not let me
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by 123then456 View Post
    i cant download the file cwm-recovery-ALL.tar the website it is on will not let me
    If you're not a registered member over at XDA I don't think you can download. Lemme see if I can find a mirror.

Edit: Got it. Happy flashing.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by sharvis14 View Post
    Ok I just needed to reboot the phone root is working as well as bluetooth. I have not flashed anything yet. Are these the only steps i would need to follow to get Froyo 2.2.
    Pretty much. This would have been better asked over in droidxcon's thread.

Thanked by:

Hello and thank you for this excellent guide. Now everytime I try to down load the first file facinate root, my computer tells me the file has a virus and prompts me to stop the down load

OK, all working now. Thank you sooo much for you help.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Glad we could help. Sorry I wasn't available earlier.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Your ROM flashing is instruction is SO MUCH EASIER to understand then the "walk through" from XDA. Thank you so much. I was getting sick of the 2.1. Just updated to 2.2.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Glad I could help

Don't be shy about clicking the "thanks" button.

Default what root does everyone recommend

I'm going to root my phone but would like to get everyones opinions on the roots that are out there because I'm a newb when it comes to rooting my phone. Thanks in advance.

Read this http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tml#post699908

Make sure to thank everyone for there hard work.

Well I hate to say it, but I've tried everything and looked everywhere (including searches) for an answer to my issue; but when I try 1 click root, I keep getting Error: Device Offline. I've reinstalled all my drivers for the phone, and rebooted it as well. any ideas on how to fix it?

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

All you've tried so far is 1 click root right?
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Quote Originally Posted by shadow2398 View Post
    Well I hate to say it, but I've tried everything and looked everywhere (including searches) for an answer to my issue; but when I try 1 click root, I keep getting Error: Device Offline. I've reinstalled all my drivers for the phone, and rebooted it as well. any ideas on how to fix it?
    Do you have USB Debugging turned on? Does your computer see the phone properly? Have you installed the Samsung drivers on your pc yet?
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

yes, that is all I've tried so far, I've gotten everything to work up until it goes to actually root the phone. It looks like adb sees my device fine, but it appears offline, is there any way to fix that, or would trying a different method be simpler?

here is a screenshot of what I see:

edit: wow you guys are fast responding, I really appreciate that.
    Last edited by shadow2398; 04-03-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added screenshot
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast