Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #101  

The OEM cable is strongly recommended to ensure flawless data transfer without fluctuations in voltage/amperage for the sensitive data stream. If you have a high quality cable 3' long I would say go ahead. There is talk that they wire data channels differently for different cables, but I have the strong suspicion that that's BS, since I use an after market cable all the time, and I use the samsung cables for other phones at work pretty much constantly.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Yay, just rooted my phone, and going to update to froyo. Btw, I had to use another computer to complete the rooting process which is strange.

Successfully upgraded to 2.2 froyo. Btw, is there any 2.3 gingerhead upgrade for our phone yet? Thanks again to everyone who helped!

No there's no 2.3 yet. I imagine that's because they haven't officially released 2.2 to the fascinate yet, so I highly doubt they have a 2.3 in the works quite yet. But definetly keep your ears and eyes open, never know what could pop up some day.. I find all sorts of interesting things through Android Central, I love it here!

ic! so how can I lag fix the phone?

That is something I know nothing about yet, I am sorry. But I do want to ask, what exactly do you mean by that so I can better familiarize myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Elite View Post
    The OEM cable is strongly recommended to ensure flawless data transfer without fluctuations in voltage/amperage for the sensitive data stream. If you have a high quality cable 3' long I would say go ahead. There is talk that they wire data channels differently for different cables, but I have the strong suspicion that that's BS, since I use an after market cable all the time, and I use the samsung cables for other phones at work pretty much constantly.
    Been using my Blackberry cable on mine. My OEM is attached to my battery charger keeping extra battery ready to go. Can anybody verify that there is any difference between OEM and other cables?
    Last edited by sfobrien; 04-15-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheGhost13 View Post
    That is something I know nothing about yet, I am sorry. But I do want to ask, what exactly do you mean by that so I can better familiarize myself?
    Well, I ve been told that "lag fix" is a thingy that fix all the lags on ur phone. In other words, more responsive. However, I am a n00b, cant be sure on this.

Oh alright, to my knowledge lag fixes are generally different between the builds, what I think is that the build does the lag fix itself, meaning some builds will be less laggy than others.. But like I said I know next to nothing about that specific topic, just going on a hunch. I've played around with a couple builds so far and have noticed difference in lag between them (i.e. loading of functions on phone, scrolling etc.) So that's what I base my theory on.

ROM
    AOKP M5/LeanMinimalistic

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheGhost13 View Post
    No there's no 2.3 yet. I imagine that's because they haven't officially released 2.2 to the fascinate yet, so I highly doubt they have a 2.3 in the works quite yet. But definetly keep your ears and eyes open, never know what could pop up some day.. I find all sorts of interesting things through Android Central, I love it here!
    We do have a gingerbread rom in progress called the kaoscinate. Everything above v4 is 2.3 based on CM7. It is in early alpha though.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #111  

Quote Originally Posted by ming17 View Post
    ic! so how can I lag fix the phone?
    Learn to use voodoo. It's the "lag fix" for the galaxy s phones. Flash only stuff for the verizon fascinate. Improvements from voodoo are only noticeable in some instances. Do your reading before you move to voodoo

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Learn to use voodoo. It's the "lag fix" for the galaxy s phones. Flash only stuff for the verizon fascinate. Improvements from voodoo are only noticeable in some instances. Do your reading before you move to voodoo
    +1 on this especially considering I read in another thread he didn't know what the data icon in his quick panel was and couldn't understand why he couldn't connect to the internet.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Default Big "Thank you" from a newbie!

Was not gutsy enough to attempt a root until reading Sheepdog Elite's walk-through. Thank you, Sheepdog, for helping me take the plunge!
    Now running Froyo/2.2 (EB01) on my Fascinate.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  

Quote Originally Posted by emk3 View Post
    Was not gutsy enough to attempt a root until reading Sheepdog Elite's walk-through. Thank you, Sheepdog, for helping me take the plunge!
    Now running Froyo/2.2 (EB01) on my Fascinate.
    Glad I could help :-) Beware, there's a 12 step program that goes with flashing stuff on your phone :-)

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Glad I could help :-) Beware, there's a 12 step program that goes with flashing stuff on your phone :-)
    Gotta link for the program?

Default PLEASE,PLEASE HELP...trouble rooting my fascinate

i have downlaoded everything from this site that im supposed to and followed all instructions and when im rooting the phone problems come up like cant read or find busy box and chmd or whatever it is. now its saying error cant read device. what am i doing wrong. ive tried for three days now every chance i get trying to root my phone and i cant. i have windows 7 on my computer and i have deleted and installed like 4 different ways to root my phone can someone help me please im going crazy lol. i need steps if possible from unstalling whatever i have now that way it doesnt get in the way and making sure im doing it right, also when i download the root i have virus warnings pop up telling me to do a smart clean and i just cancel it and continue with the root. sorry for the long email but i cant stay up till one in the morning anymore trying this thing... thanks and much praise to who ever can help me.

ROM
    AOKP M5/LeanMinimalistic

Quote Originally Posted by chawman09 View Post
    i have downlaoded everything from this site that im supposed to and followed all instructions and when im rooting the phone problems come up like cant read or find busy box and chmd or whatever it is. now its saying error cant read device. what am i doing wrong. ive tried for three days now every chance i get trying to root my phone and i cant. i have windows 7 on my computer and i have deleted and installed like 4 different ways to root my phone can someone help me please im going crazy lol. i need steps if possible from unstalling whatever i have now that way it doesnt get in the way and making sure im doing it right, also when i download the root i have virus warnings pop up telling me to do a smart clean and i just cancel it and continue with the root. sorry for the long email but i cant stay up till one in the morning anymore trying this thing... thanks and much praise to who ever can help me.
    Are you trying to use DroidXcons packages?

Or one click root method?

i downloaded whatever package from megaupload. i googled rooting android and it brought me here and i clicked on a thread that went along with a youtube video. lol sorry i dont know much about this stuff.

ive tried the one click method from different web sites and still nuthing. do you have a better way of doing things and much safer so i dont give my computer a virus

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Read DroidXcon's root thread that is in the stickies

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    If someone helps you out, don't forget to use the "thanks" button!

ROM
    AOKP M5/LeanMinimalistic

Quote Originally Posted by chawman09 View Post
    i downloaded whatever package from megaupload. i googled rooting android and it brought me here and i clicked on a thread that went along with a youtube video. lol sorry i dont know much about this stuff.
    Was the page that you got the link to the download come from here?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ed-3-25-a.html
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

You gotta help the guru's help you, meaning you have to give some more information. What was the last method you tried or even maybe the name of the file you downloaded would be a start

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

yes please link us to the thread and what procedure you are attempting
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

its from username sheep dog
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast