[How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You gotta help the guru's help you, meaning you have to give some more information. What was the last method you tried or even maybe the name of the file you downloaded would be a start

chawman09

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
i used the one click method and downloaded the 32bit driver and followed everything it said and it seemed to work. but it never downloaded busy box or the cmd or chmd

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
so if download that link that will give me root first then what ever else i need to do

Yeah that will give you a root. Just make sure you follow every direction in the link and don't skip any steps.

Also make sure you read up on things before flashingthem on your phone after you are rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ivo

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
well, I had issues once I ran the one click... For every step after the first 'click any key'(pushed files to the phone), one click wouldn't see my phone connected. I would have to disconnect, disable usb debugging, re-enable it, re-connect to usb cable and pc, and then one click would see my device connected. Until the next step.
HOWEVER- I hadn't seen the instructions to disable auto sync. Perhaps that was the problem?

At any rate, I finally succeeded in rooting, d/l'ed titanium pro, did a full backup, and have a copy of the backup on my pc.

I still have auto sync disabled, and I'm asking right now. Do I need to keep it disabled while trying to rom/root? Does it need to be disabled indefinitely? Kind of a silly question, but, you know- I'm fairly noobish. Thanks in advance.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe you need to keep it disabled when flashing a ROM, though if doing it through Odin I'd just say for safety's sake, keep it disabled. If doing it through clockwork mod then I see it causing no problem at all if it is enabled or not. This is due to the fact that you aren't connecting your phone to the computer when using cwm. :) Hope this helps!

Reactions: ivo

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
well, I had issues once I ran the one click... For every step after the first 'click any key'(pushed files to the phone), one click wouldn't see my phone connected. I would have to disconnect, disable usb debugging, re-enable it, re-connect to usb cable and pc, and then one click would see my device connected. Until the next step.
HOWEVER- I hadn't seen the instructions to disable auto sync. Perhaps that was the problem?

At any rate, I finally succeeded in rooting, d/l'ed titanium pro, did a full backup, and have a copy of the backup on my pc.

I still have auto sync disabled, and I'm asking right now. Do I need to keep it disabled while trying to rom/root? Does it need to be disabled indefinitely? Kind of a silly question, but, you know- I'm fairly noobish. Thanks in advance.

Well welcome to rooting and flashing if no one has welcomed you yet. No you do not need to keep auto sync disabled indefinitely. You can go ahead and check it so it is enabled.

Reactions: ivo

ivo

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the fast replies. Moving forward to CWM via Odin *crosses fingers* ahh, I've been reading what I can for the last few weeks... should be okay. Thanks again!

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I apologize! Yes welcome to the wonderful world of Rooting and Flashing! It will get addicting! I'd like to leave you with one piece of advice! Everything you need to know is right here within these forums, be sure to do some research within these forums to brush up on exactly how to do things, you can't go wrong this way! And as always if you just quite don't understand something be sure to ask, tons of people are glad to help answer!

Reactions: Landshark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney