[How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

The link is dead for the super user package any ideas where i can find it?

i fallowed the steps in this guide to root my phone using odin i only want to root my phone right now. i installed the superuser zip + busybox then rebooted my phone from the red screen super user never showed up so i got it from the market then installed a root tester and it says i am not rooted
Nevermind the root test program was wrong

I followed the instructions and it did not root my phone it told me the zip completed and installed but after reboot no superuser and no privileges in root explorer. I also tried grabbing superuser from the market.

Any ideas.

Sorry, I've been able to find my question by searching but not the answer.

I'm trying to root... got all the way to the point where I'm supposed to look for
"su-2.3.6.1+busybox1.19.zip" in my roms folder.

It's not showing a roms folder and I don't see that zip file.

I gather that it may be up to me to download that file and put it on my sd card but can not find a link to download that file anywhere??

hey bro i did all that n it said "successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp files" and then after it says "mount: operation not permitted" n then the fone restarts :( and its not rooted because their is no superuser can u plz help....

Sorry, things have been kind of crazy for me lately and I haven't been able to keep up in the forums. Use the CWM from the link below and the su + busybox file in post #2 by killahamsammich in the thread linked below

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...15309-help-needed-root-fascinate-w-froyo.html

His link for the CWM file is dead, so use this CWM:
CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5[/QUOTE]

nabster8701

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Is there any easy way to ROOT a Samsung Fascinate ,that has been flashed to metro?

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Help me please noob here . I followed instructions everything went well untill i got to select roms folder. I dont have one and the last file you mention no where to be found either. Please guide me i really want root access. Thank you
Paul

rnfkrha88

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

do not use su + busybox file in post #2 by killahamsammich. if you uses it,u will lose 3g and wifi. i usually called verizon wireless to reset my keys in order to get 3g sign back, but even with that mathod, 3g didnt worked.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Go back and start reading from the first post in this thread for detailed instructions on how to root your Fascinate. All of the links there are still good, except for the link to the SU file. Or use the step by step instructions in post#2 in this thread (the links are outdated now though): http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...15309-help-needed-root-fascinate-w-froyo.html

Sorry for repeating what is already listed here and other places, but it seems like things are all over the place, with so many folks moving on from the Fascinate. But with the GB release, there seems to be a renewed interest in this device...hopefully this provides an updated post for everything needed to root the Fascinate all in one place. PLEASE correct me if I have led anyone astray with bad links or files. I checked them myself and they all work for me. The last thing I want to do is offer bad info.

SU file can be found here: su-2.3.6.1.x.zip

CWM file can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6x5utoca59et7o9

ODIN can be found here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I am not taking any credit whatsoever for any of this. Just trying to help, as I've been helped by so many folks on this site. Maybe I've made things worse by adding more clutter, IDK.

Last edited:

JezebelJennie

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

My old Fascinate was murdered (RIP, my beloved device:'() and I got a refurbished one through my insurance. As soon as I turned it on I got the Gingerbread OTA update from Verizon. (Damn you, Verizon. I wait forever for the official update and you decide to push it at a time it causes me problems.)

I'm trying to root the device and have run into a problem. When I am in the proper directory and run the adb device command, it displays my device as 37319BA23DEE00EC. I didn't think this would be a problem but I guess it is. So I tried using ODIN and CWM to install busybox and this didn't work either. I'm know not rooted because I can't use titanium backup. I have tried each method several times with different variables (battery in , battery out, ect., ect.). Yes, the device drivers and installed properly. Yes, USB debugging mode is on. Yes, I have the right files. Yes, I have disabled all anti-virus programs while trying this. Yes, I have an original USB cable. No, I am not an idiot.
I am running kernel version 2.6.35.7 firmware version 2.3.5 Baseband version S:i500.04 V.EH03 Build number SCH-I500.EH03.

kevkealey

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Go back and start reading from the first post in this thread for detailed instructions on how to root your Fascinate. All of the links there are still good, except for the link to the SU file. Or use the step by step instructions in post#2 in this thread (the links are outdated now though): http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...15309-help-needed-root-fascinate-w-froyo.html

Sorry for repeating what is already listed here and other places, but it seems like things are all over the place, with so many folks moving on from the Fascinate. But with the GB release, there seems to be a renewed interest in this device...hopefully this provides an updated post for everything needed to root the Fascinate all in one place. PLEASE correct me if I have led anyone astray with bad links or files. I checked them myself and they all work for me. The last thing I want to do is offer bad info.

SU file can be found here: su-2.3.6.1.x.zip

CWM file can be found here: cwm-recovery-ALL.tar

ODIN can be found here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I am not taking any credit whatsoever for any of this. Just trying to help, as I've been helped by so many folks on this site. Maybe I've made things worse by adding more clutter, IDK.
Rooted using the file specified by lpt2569, and everything works fine but my wireless won't connect. It sees my network, remembers my password, starts to connect then says disconnected before it ever acquires the IP address. Everything else seems to work just fine. Any ideas?

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Well the links dont work since they were stored up on megaupload.com...

brownbob06

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Wtf, I finally upgrade from my Ally to a Fascinate and I can't root the damn thing because Megaupload was shutdown 2 days before I got my Fascinate. Stupif effffing government...

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

Wtf, I finally upgrade from my Ally to a Fascinate and I can't root the damn thing because Megaupload was shutdown 2 days before I got my Fascinate. Stupif effffing government...

Here's a step by step walk through I found on XDA that has the files you need from Mediafire. Check out section 5 of this thread.

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock - xda-developers

jawman2727

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Here's a step by step walk through I found on XDA that has the files you need from Mediafire. Check out section 5 of this thread.

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock - xda-developers

He's absolutely correct. This is the ultimate, up to date guide for rooting the Fascinate. I've also written up a glossary that some may find useful when first learning about rooting.

You can find it here: 2012 Fascinate Rooting Glossary for Noobs - Definitions in layman's terms - xda-developers

Mark Winkles

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

For step "4" I'm not seeing a "roms" folder! Please help a brother out. Sorry If I wasn't suppose to post directly on the post! I'll do more research but if anyone can lend some time to help me that would be greatley appricated. I'm a noob. If someone can just make sure I have all the files needed... I have a samsung galaxyS the first one which I think we're calling it the fascinate through verizon! Thank you to whoever can help me! If someone can I'll repay them somehow!

Mark
USMC

Last edited:

Nobsalom

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

What if my phone is not able to boot up without the battery? How do I go about using this method?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

What if my phone is not able to boot up without the battery? How do I go about using this method?

You aren't booting it up, you are going into download mode which it will do with the usb plugged in

Sent from my PMID1000B using Tapatalk HD

josh soup

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm new to rooting and the android world. I have a fascinate running 2.3.5. I can't stand Bing and the b.s. apps that are on it. I've been trying to use Odin 3 v1.83 and when I go to plug in the phone and start it up in download mode after powering it off and holding the volume down button as I plug it into the USB port, Odin will not detect it . The yellow triangle will come up on the phone, etc. Odin will detect it when not in download mode but not in download mode. What could be the issue? Are my drivers not working properly?(I did download the Samsung drivers.) I seen a newer version of Odin but I can't get it to open properly. Do I need it? HELP PLEASE!!!!!

pfoneguy1

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Any chance of getting all the links fixed so one could actually root their Fascinate? Is there another site where I can get the all the appropriate files etc.?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Hate to tell you, but the root files are probably no longer available unless you can find whoever made them originally. Aftermarket support for a small market phone usually lasts for about a year, longer if you're lucky. I don't have any of these files, and the dead links are because the people who were good enough to use their hosting space have abandoned them. Also, if you're going to try and use a thread, make sure it's a thread that's not abandoned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae