[How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

Binghater

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try to calm my shattered nerves and go back at it tomorrow evening. lol. This can me a bit intimidating for a newbie. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again for your help.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try to calm my shattered nerves and go back at it tomorrow evening. lol. This can me a bit intimidating for a newbie. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again for your help.

K, hang in there. Once you get rooted just buy titanium backup or my backup pro and you can do pretty much whatever you want except unplug mid flash.

ming17

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Root and 2.2 questions

Hi everyone. I hv had my fascinate quite some time, and i m not very happy with the lag problem. I m currently on android 2.1 system. I am not an expert with electronics. I attempted to root my phone before, but never know if it ever worked or not. I am thinking to upgrade it to android 2.2 system. Hoping to get some info of the process, since i might already have rooted my phone, how can i confirm it? Then, wts the steps of upgrading froyo? Any help wud be appreciated! Thanks a lot!

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I used the all in one package on DroidXCons page when I first rooted. The all in one packages are in the stickies :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
ODIN froyo leak thread in the stickies.

EDIT: I'm too slow.

Sent from my EC01 voodoo'd Fascinate

personaly i would root to the EB01 system. the EC01 has parts of EB16 which gave me a run for my money,not stable by any means.
the Voodoo SC 292 franken v has done more for my phne than the EC01 did.
of course we each know that all of these fascinates all act differently to the different ROM's...the Ultimate choice is yours of course but on fassy..that EC01 got real squirmy on my ph by day 2.. had to start at stock and work my way back up,, if you are interested in rooting follows DroidX's instructions about useing Odin then CWM (ClockWorkMod)

as further reference DroidX informed several of us that the SC 116 EC01 etc has proved to be unstable... just a thought.. we each have our own minds..

Last edited:

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is one stop shopping - root & Froyo all in one.

when i tried the EC01- EB16- ??? rom my fassy was beserk the next day..
tossing things outta my phone and all i could do was watch or snatch the battery..lol, so i formated my 32gb SD Card.. started all over again.

Shark i do not mean to hyjack this thread but i tried gunners themes and i dont get the same appearance as was shown..i think it might be in my best intrest to stay put.. the themes somehow stuck my on US Cellular.. 3 times tried

sry for the outta thread statement/????

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot everyone! I ll try again later tonight! Appreciated!

Ming,,,,,, dont get scared .. we are here n there off n on and can help you,,nut if you will follow DroidX's show and tell ways to root and upgrade .. its simple if you do not try to out think it..
follow every move ...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
tossing things outta my phone and all i could do was watch or snatch the battery..lol, so i formated my 32gb SD Card.. started all over again.

Shark i do not mean to hyjack this thread but i tried gunners themes and i dont get the same appearance as was shown..i think it might be in my best intrest to stay put.. the themes somehow stuck my on US Cellular.. 3 times tried

The themes didn't stick you on US Cellular. the EB16 and EC10 builds are from the Samsung Mesmerize for US Cellular. It has the same exact model number as our Fascinate - SCH-I500, so they have a lot in common. Since Adrynalyne used parts of EB01, EB16, and EC10 to make the current version of Superclean, there are bits of US Cellular code in it. That is why you may see US Cellular on your browser, or in the signature in your emails and/or texts. Your phone is still on the Verizon network. It's just those little bits and pieces have leaked over to your phone and are showing up where you see them. Not everyone is experiencing this, so if you want to, you can flash the 2.9.2 file again, and perhaps those little bugs and quirks will disappear.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

And you probably won't end up with the same exact look you see in the screenshots in gunnermike's theme threads. Those are just showing what the theme looks like on his setup. The notification bar, long press power menu, quick panel, dialer, and anything else that is themed will look the same, but everything else will look different based on what else you have on your phone.

Reactions: papa54

ming17

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to root my phone again, it did not work. I was stuck at the step that "clicking START ROOT file, and push the button." After that, my phone restart, but the black window on my PC never says complete. What is going on? Any advice?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You need to wait, when I had done mine the other day I had the same problem then decided to just sit it out and wait and what do you know, it ended up saying complete a while later.. Each phone seems to root at different speeds in your case it may just take longer than others... My advice is just wait it out and it should complete. I once saw a thead saying it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour depending on how your phone and computer act together. That's technology for you! Hope this helps you and gets the job done! Cheers! :)

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to root my phone again, it did not work. I was stuck at the step that "clicking START ROOT file, and push the button." After that, my phone restart, but the black window on my PC never says complete. What is going on? Any advice?

Follow the on screen intsructions for best results. I'm primarily thinking of the unlock you phone after it reboots one. That caused me a couple failures.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Personally I am not 100% positive if it is, but I do know that it is very strongly recommended that you use the USB cable the phone came with. And that alone is enough for me not to take a chance by using a different cable. But in the back of my mind I would have to believe that as long as the cable you are using is in great shape and is visibly identical to the one provided with the phone then I don't think you could go wrong. But what can I say that's the pros and cons talking lol. Hopefully someone can give you a 100% accurate answer, but I figured I'd throw in my two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair