Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Default Apps Randomly disappear from App Drawer

Usually after I unplug my phone from the charger, but sometimes just randomly for no reason at all when I open my app drawer it's either blank or there's just a couple app icons showing. I can open market, browse to my apps and open it from there if I need to.

Sometimes rebooting helps, sometimes unmounting and remounting the SD card helps, sometimes neither helps and it comes back on it's own eventually.

SC 2.9.1v / eb16 / NitroDark v3.0

ROM
    MMuzzy's 4.1.2

Default I wonder if your SD card has a bad spot?

Quote Originally Posted by wyllic View Post
    Usually after I unplug my phone from the charger, but sometimes just randomly for no reason at all when I open my app drawer it's either blank or there's just a couple app icons showing. I can open market, browse to my apps and open it from there if I need to.

Sometimes rebooting helps, sometimes unmounting and remounting the SD card helps, sometimes neither helps and it comes back on it's own eventually.

SC 2.9.1v / eb16 / NitroDark v3.0

Might want to try a different microSD or a full format in windows and then the phone to see if it has bad spots. Back up to a fold on your PC and then format and copy back.

Do you have the apps installed to your sd card?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

some yes, some no, doesnt matter they all dissapear

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

What launcher are you using? Have you tried a different one?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

LauncherPro, havn't tried a different one also haven't had the same problem again for a day or so, so who knows. Sometimes my phone just has a bad circuit day aparently

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

Hah. Maybe it's the solar flares.

You can always try clearing cache under settings> applications> launcher pro or clearing the defaults there and hitting the home button to try a different launcher. If the issue goes away then at least you know it's launcher pro and not something else.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    4 Kids, 1 Wife
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

No cache to be cleared, like I said it's weird it doesn't always happen just randomly every once in a while. Like today it happened after I flashed NitroDark v3 over NitroComb cus I didn't like the font color in comb lol

But a restart fixes it for the day it seems.

I second the "try a different launcher" suggestion. It's the most detached component of your app drawer.

Let us know if it works.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have the same issue. I fix it by killing Launcher Pro in the Sammy Task manager, then restart it...apps pop back up. Probably not the best solution but it's been working.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Prolly just need to reinstall LP but right now I just can't be bothered. Too busy hitting refresh on the forums waiting for 2.9.2 =)