Which Rom to Use?

yatahawal

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am a beginner when it comes to rooting and roms. I had a tech savvy friend root my phone for me, but he didn't know which roms would be good for a fascinate (since he owned a captivate and now an atrix). So I have no idea which Rom will work best for me. What I am looking for is a Rom that improves performance, not a Rom that completely changes the look and feel. It is ok to make some things different to enhance appearance (such as some font/icons), but I don't want a radically new look/features.

So, with that said, which rom will allow me to get the fastest and most stable phone possible while still maintaining most (but not all) of the stock feel?

Thanks in advance!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am a beginner when it comes to rooting and roms. I had a tech savvy friend root my phone for me, but he didn't know which roms would be good for a fascinate (since he owned a captivate and now an atrix). So I have no idea which Rom will work best for me. What I am looking for is a Rom that improves performance, not a Rom that completely changes the look and feel. It is ok to make some things different to enhance appearance (such as some font/icons), but I don't want a radically new look/features.

So, with that said, which rom will allow me to get the fastest and most stable phone possible while still maintaining most (but not all) of the stock feel?

Thanks in advance!

Well right now superclean 2.9 with the 2.9.1 patch and the EC10 kernel is the fastest, most stable ROM, but I wouldn't call it a stock feel. You really can't maintain that stock feel and get the fastest phone because part of what is slowing the phone down is the Verizon bloatware such as vz nav, vcast videos, etc. If you want to keep those verizon apps you only have one option right now and that is stock EB01.

yatahawal

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well right now superclean 2.9 with the 2.9.1 patch and the EC10 kernel is the fastest, most stable ROM, but I wouldn't call it a stock feel. You really can't maintain that stock feel and get the fastest phone because part of what is slowing the phone down is the Verizon bloatware such as vz nav, vcast videos, etc. If you want to keep those verizon apps you only have one option right now and that is stock EB01.

Thanks! And that is just fine. When I said stock feel, I just meant that I don't want any super new, complex features that I would have no idea how to use. So a quick efficient rom with less bloat is perfect. I am gonna give it a try, thanks! I am still open to any other suggestions if anyone has some they would like to share :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, I want to point out that I want a good balance between performance and batter life. Just thought I would clarify that :)

Unfortunately battery life is hit or miss. I could say I get great battery life with X setup, but you could do the same setup on your phone and have terrible battery life. Just too many variables determine battery life. Before you start looking at ROMs we need to know where you are at right now. Hit the menu soft key on your phone then go settings=>about phone and tell me what it says under both baseband and build

yatahawal

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately battery life is hit or miss. I could say I get great battery life with X setup, but you could do the same setup on your phone and have terrible battery life. Just too many variables determine battery life. Before you start looking at ROMs we need to know where you are at right now. Hit the menu soft key on your phone then go settings=>about phone and tell me what it says under both baseband and build

Oh I see. Well my friend put a rom on my phone yesterday just so I can temporarily have one, but he told me to look up which one I wanted permanently because it all depends on my preference. Anyway, after modding it, this is what it says:

Hardware Version: I500.04
Model Number: SCH-I500
Firmware version: 2.2.1 (it wasn't this version until rooted)
Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.EB01
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Build number: SCH-I500.EB01

I think a lot of this information changed once it was rooted and a rom was installed, so not sure how useful this information is to you. But what can you say based off this?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see. Well my friend put a rom on my phone yesterday just so I can temporarily have one, but he told me to look up which one I wanted permanently because it all depends on my preference. Anyway, after modding it, this is what it says:

Hardware Version: I500.04
Model Number: SCH-I500
Firmware version: 2.2.1 (it wasn't this version until rooted)
Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.EB01
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Build number: SCH-I500.EB01

I think a lot of this information changed once it was rooted and a rom was installed, so not sure how useful this information is to you. But what can you say based off this?

Well you are on the current firmware, build, & baseband. Pull down your notification bar & see if it says anything in the upper left corner below the date

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried miui v5 I been thinkin bout it while waitin 4 adryns new fix but I dnt kno much about it besides I've heard its beautiful... Would anyone recommend it or has anyone tried it?

Edit: also wats w the sc 2.9.2 screenshot on kenesis trans mist page... I want it lol!!!

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
If you are running a theme that will usually overwrite the 2.9.1 in the notification pull down. You still have 2.9.1 though.

Thanks for clarifying that. I am on and off themes so much, and so fast, I forget that attribute it is overwritten.

We now have 2.9.2.. So far so good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm