[Resolved] Help please! Bricked phone again!

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I've been trying to flash the stock DL09 using DroidXcon's method with odin, because I tried flashing Adrynalyn's new EC-whatever it is on my phone and it made my phone start force closing like crazy. So I'm here at my college with it's really fast WiFi (Mine sucks at home) and I tried Flashing the DL09 stock package and whenever odin went to the FACTORYFS part, the entire screen went Purple. So, like an idiot, I panicked.. And I unplgged it. I put the battery back in and it showed a phone and a computer icon thing.
From DroidXCon's post, it seems that it was a "soft Brick."
So now, I'm sitting here trying to download the DI01 package to see if that works. If not, what should I do?
I came from the EB01 SuperClean 2.9.1 ROM. Did I do something wrong???

Last edited by a moderator:

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay... So the DI01 package didn't work... I think I'm screwed..
This time it got stuck on FactoryFS and the screen turned A purple-ish blue..

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You might try installing the stock ROM and starting fresh. Post #9 tells how to return to stock but the thread has a lot of good other info. Hopefully something will help you.

If you get it to return to stock, then you can try for 2.9.2 again.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing it exactly how I'm supposed to. I've downloaded odin twice because I didn't know if it was just a problem with odin or what..
That guide has been my bible the entire time.. But it's not freaking working for me.. I'm flipping out right now..

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
So am I.. Thanks for trying to help, though. :)
This sucks, however..
The screen keeps showing different colors every time I flash the rom.
It gets stuck on FACORYFS and just stays there. Then I look at my phone and the screen is all one color.
I don't knw what's going on.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
If you do not get any success with the last suggestion you may have luck with more persuasive piece of flashing software. This was posted as a fix for someone who cross flashed their phone:
Please see this ->Link

Originally Posted by Adrynalyne
Alright, I will try to spell out what we did to fix this. It was a HUGE pain in the butt. This was all trial and error, so YMMV.

First, grab my DI01 All in One. You need an all inclusive package.
http://adrynalyne.us/files/kernels/DI01package3.tar.md5

You will need odin3 v 1.30. Gonna assume you have it, considering the mess you are in.

You also need Heimdall.
Heimdall – Glass Echidna There is a readme in the windows version zip if you get stuck. Drivers must be installed for it as well.

You also need a copy of the samsung galaxy s usb drivers, because Heimdall will remove them when you use it.
[Drivers] MS Windows x86 and x64 USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S - xda-developers

You will also need a PIT file from me:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/atlas_v2.2.pit

Steps:

1. Install Heimdall and drivers.
2. Put phone in download mode and plug it in to usb cable.
3. Unzip the Odin file. 7zip can do this, but will give an EOF error. Ignore the error.
4. Choose each section in Heimdall and add the appropriate file, including PIT. Check repartition. Primary boot loader is boot.bin and secondary boot loader is sbl.bin.
5. Start. It should finish and will likely be in a reboot loop with a crap ton of failed errors on wiping data.
6. Reinstall Samsung USB drivers for Odin. This may require a PC reboot.
7. Put phone back in download Mode and start Odin, making sure its detected.
8. Load the entire Odin package, not extracted into the pda section of Odin. Include the PIT file. CHECK repartition.
9. Run the process.

If all goes well, you should be back to stock, crappy Eclair 2.1.

Reactions: esrakes24

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I did.
I tried doing the voodoo kernel for Adrynalyn's EC10 thingy.
But I didn't think it actually worked..
I really don't know. Lol.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'M FREAKING OUT, PEOPLE!!!
It keeps going and it gets past FACTORYFS and goes to MOVINAND and it looks like it's working, until BAM!! The entire screen goes one color, and it's a different one every time.
I'm currently trying to get the EI01 stock on it. It's been freaking me out. I think it's hopeless, guys.. Maybe I need to get a new one..

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'M FREAKING OUT, PEOPLE!!!
It keeps going and it gets past FACTORYFS and goes to MOVINAND and it looks like it's working, until BAM!! The entire screen goes one color, and it's a different one every time.
I'm currently trying to get the EI01 stock on it. It's been freaking me out. I think it's hopeless, guys.. Maybe I need to get a new one..

lol. you will be ok. i have to work, dang it. but i will be back. these guys have you going in the right direction. just hang in there. havent you heard, iput frogs in my phone and it still works. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton