Can't update Launcher Pro

ncarbon

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I can download from the market but the install fails. Package file was not signed properly. The LP un-install is grayed out, so I can't un-install and try downloading again. How can I get around this?
Running SC 2.9.2 Voodoo with Nitro Dark theme and Udated EC10 kernel.

Ned

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
with Nitro's themes I believe Launcher pro is included in the install package. so what you have to do is uninstall/manually remove the LP files and then you can download the newest version from the market. you can use root explorer to remove the apk. I'm actually doing this right now, so I'll report back if there are any issues.

*edit* it worked for me by removing the apk and then rebooting and then installing LP 0.8.4 from the market. However, you will lose the theme'd elements in LP when you install the market version of LP. just a warning.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I can download from the market but the install fails. Package file was not signed properly. The LP un-install is grayed out, so I can't un-install and try downloading again. How can I get around this?
Running SC 2.9.2 Voodoo with Nitro Dark theme and Udated EC10 kernel.

Ned

If you look in settings, there is something in there about allowing unsigned apparel.turn the install will work.

Sent from my SC2.9.1 via Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Settings. Applications check unknown sources

I have unknown sources checked all the time and I can't download it. I think jackmei2 is right, the themed version included in my Ultimate Honeycomb is causing the update not to install.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue, so I tried to uninstall it, and I couldn't even find it in my list to un-install it. So I went into TB and un-installed that way, however, now I can't download it again - and my unknown sources is checked. I'm 2.9.1 with VA Green. Thanks in advance.

It had been acting up (not showing apps in drawer and all the background apps go away for a while until I task killed it and let it restart and slowly populate. It's pretty frustrating. Looking forward to responses.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue, so I tried to uninstall it, and I couldn't even find it in my list to un-install it. So I went into TB and un-installed that way, however, now I can't download it again - and my unknown sources is checked. I'm 2.9.1 with VA Green. Thanks in advance.

It had been acting up (not showing apps in drawer and all the background apps go away for a while until I task killed it and let it restart and slowly populate. It's pretty frustrating. Looking forward to responses.

you can always open the menu and choose "preferences" and then "restart launcherpro" instead of forceclosing it to get your icons back in the app drawer. I have noticed the same issue too and it was getting quite annoying.

anyway, what's the error you are getting when you uninstalled it?

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have unknown sources checked all the time and I can't download it. I think jackmei2 is right, the themed version included in my Ultimate Honeycomb is causing the update not to install.

Ok sharky, you are beyond my level of expertise ....

Mike

dark96

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah, worked like a charm. though forgot to reboot at first and took me a while before i remembered to do so to get it working

Last edited:

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
When downloaded from the market, LP lives in /data/app. When it is packaged with a theme, such as Nitro Honeycomb, LP lives in /system/app, so the market doesn't see it in order to update it

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I was having the exact same problem... Only when I went into Root Explorer to uninstall the .apk there was no uninstall option. It actually only provided an install option... Hit that and then got an error message saying install unsuccessful... Ended up ditching the theme (NitroDark Eclipse) and was finally able to install.... Gonna flash a theme later and hope it sticks.

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
the theme will end up overwriting the LP you have installed already if you flash the theme again. I had a themed version of LP installed prior to flashing one of nitro's themes and it did remove the version that was already on my phone and it replaced it with the theme's LP.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't seem like there's anything in the update that makes it worth switching to it. I'm sticking with the one included in ultimate honeycomb.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, is there anything in the update that would even make it worth updating immediately. I'm sure Nitro and the others will have an update to the themes in a day or so, so just be patient and good things will come. =)

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
yea, from the update notes it didn't seem like it, but the one bug that was bothering the hell out of me was upon boot up, your app drawer would be empty and you'd have to restart launcher pro to get the icons in the app drawer to appear. I don't seem to be having this issue with the market updated version, so I think I'll stick with it for now, but the few buttons that aren't themed do bother me a little bit!

oh and the other bug is that it seems to eat up quite a bit more battery than it used to, so I'm hoping they fixed this issue in this update.