SD Card Reading Speed Fix

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that got it working, did you use the CWM zip file or manually did it?
I don't know how to manually do this, so i went the zip file route.
As i've stated before, I didn't see nominal differences in the benchmark test but gallery loads up almost instantly
The only thing that's kind of bothering me is that when i go into the read_ahead_kb file, it still says 128
I mean, the load time of the gallery is proof enough for me, I was wondering if any of you are experiencing the same thing.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Benchmarks

Just wanted to let you all know how irrelevant benchmarks are. GizmoDroid over at XDA was able to manipulate the benchmark to produce this lovely gem. Benchmark really does not give any indication of performance.

quad4070.png

colotl

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I used CWM. Benchmark gave me liitle difference on my stock class 2 but media and gallery pop right up. major difference in performance.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let you all know how irrelevant benchmarks are. GizmoDroid over at XDA was able to manipulate the benchmark to produce this lovely gem. Benchmark really does not give any indication of performance.

quad4070.png

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to benchmarks. My main concern is that the flashable zip file was supposed to change the value of that file upon reboot, and it didn't seem to stick... or so it seems to the eyes of an amateur

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

quad4070.png

Perfect example would be the Nexus One and DX showing higher CPU scores just by having a 2.2+ OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol