Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AOSP and Rotary Unlock Screen

Hello! Im a newbie and have just flashed my Fascinate to 2.9.2 s.c. and noticed that when I use the EOSP and Rotary Unlock options, that if I just hit the menu button it will unlock both of them without touching the screen. Not an issue but just wanted to let others know that the screen isnt fully locked using these. Glass, Puzzle, and Epic unlock do not respond to the menu button. You still need to touch the screen for these. As much as everyone on the site has helped in their write ups one way or another. I thought Id just put this up as well. Thanks
    Last edited by Kevin Gossett; 03-30-2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock rooted

I noticed that, too. I used to use the PIN lock system but once the phone was locked it wouldn't accept my PIN. I haven't tried it again since to get around that I had to re-flash. That was with 2.9.1 and I haven't tried it with 2.9.2. I'd like to be able to securely lock it at times but haven't attempted it since the latest flash.
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.

WHOA! We need the devs to weigh in on this one soon. I have had a couple 'pocket unlock' episodes since I've been on newer roms, and I think this is the cause. I really like the wheel unlock screen, but if the menu button unlocks it that's no good!

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by bluevolume View Post
    WHOA! We need the devs to weigh in on this one soon. I have had a couple 'pocket unlock' episodes since I've been on newer roms, and I think this is the cause. I really like the wheel unlock screen, but if the menu button unlocks it that's no good!
    It's not a glitch or a problem or a bug. The designer of the 5 lock screens mod, sbrissen, has that function in there on the AOSP and rotary lock screens. Several people have mentioned it to him and he apparently likes that option and hasn't changed it. You can post in his thread for the 5 lock screens mod over at XDA if you want. I'm not sure if any of the devs are going to change that feature. Only chance is to ask sbrissen if he can change it.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    Stock rooted

I made a bold move and turned on the PIN lock feature. I turned the screen off and the PIN worked fine to open it again. Now I'll reboot the phone and see if it still works right...

It worked! Yay! The only difference between when I was having the problem and now is that I flashed a new ROM and am not using Launcher Pro. I guess the next test would be to enable LP and try it again...

The PIN lock still works when using LP. However, LP still freezes when it first launches so I guess I'll stick with Go Launcher for now.

With all the various password data and personal info on my phone, it's nice to have the PIN lock working again!
    Last edited by eibbed0001; 03-30-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.

Hey Guys,

I have changed all the locks to disable the menu unlock a few weeks ago, I think Adrynalyne hasn't included the updated files in SC. I've released a 6 lock over on xda with a new lockscreen settings app that has the menu button disabled.
    Thanked by 5:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by sbrissen View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have changed all the locks to disable the menu unlock a few weeks ago, I think Adrynalyne hasn't included the updated files in SC. I've released a 6 lock over on xda with a new lockscreen settings app that has the menu button disabled.
    Sorry if I spoke out of turn by saying you left it in the 5 lock screens. Just trying to explain to people it wasn't necessarily a glitch or that it was broken. Didn't want to speak for you.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Sorry if I spoke out of turn by saying you left it in the 5 lock screens. Just trying to explain to people it wasn't necessarily a glitch or that it was broken. Didn't want to speak for you.
    No worries man, it was originally in 5lock but i had a change of heart and removed it in one of the revisions, possibly around the time i released music controls and its been out of there since.