Status
Not open for further replies.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody in these forums realize Jaekar99 spends a ton of time, effort, and work to maintain a thread of all the current Themes, ROMs, kernels, modifications, and boot animations right here at Android Central? It's in the stickies section of the Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks forum. This ROM you are linking to is available in that thread. He takes time to stay on top of all the new releases and updates that thread on a daily basis, sometimes more than a few times in one day. Just take a look there, almost everything you need is in the stickies, right at the top of the Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks forum. Oh here's the link to Jaekar's thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...t-animations-combined-resource-3-31-11-a.html

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I was not meaning to step on Jaekar's toes on this one I know he spends a large amount of time on the extraordinary list. He deserves a lot of credit for that list he put together. Really I couldn't imagine the time it took to do all that. I also know that not everybody checks his page out all the time and the page is quite long now making it easy to miss something. He has an abundance of information on that page and everybody should thank him on his page for his efforts. I just wanted to have a page for this so people on AC could post about it and have it and its information easily accessible in its own post. If Jaekar, Landshark or anyone feels this post is unnecessary, redundant, or shows a lack of respect for Jaekar and his work on his page then please have a mod delete it or post how i can delete this page.

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't hurt to call out a new rom. Nice to have both.

Agreed he does an awesome job, i know exactly where to go when i need an update, but i have been to his page many times and not noticed this rom...never hurts to give a shout out, may give the a shot, but i love my superfrankenclean 2.9.2

And thanks again to everyone who puts their time in to maintain these threads and create these roms

Can say im officially a flashaholic

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Anything update on this EC10 Rom?

Not yet...ill keep this as up to date as I possibly can

Edit: keep an eye out for v3 possibly sometime today... Main fixes include mms/sms will be working (hopefully)... EB01 mms/sms may be added in b.c of EC10 sms/mms not workin properly.and may be incompatible w the fascinate

Last edited:

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
also I tried this earlier and couldn't get GPS to activate. Is this something everyone on XDA already new about?

I think so... from everything I have read over at xda, it appears there are multiple bugs and issuses that some people are having with this ROM. I know everyone is excited about a rom built from source, but I am going to continue to hold of flashing until the devs can work out most of the bugs

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

gizmodroid

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone is excited about a rom built from source

Hmm, seen a few people mention that, but it's not compiled from source (well, by Samsung but not navenedrob). We don't have EC10 ROM source yet, only kernel source.

It's just the /system taken from the stock mesmirze EC10 leak, modded to try to make it compatible with Verizon.

The idea is that USCC doesn't junk up their phones quite as much as Verizon does, so it might provide a better base for a TouchWiz ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Landshark

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
GPS and Bluetooth is not a problem for all. There are ways to fix it posted in the original post over at XDA.

If you want MMS / SMS this ROM won't work for you as it is broken and will remain broken most likely until they get their hands on source. This is also explained in the original thread at XDA which is linked from the existing thread that is maintained on all ROMS Kernels Themes etc...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/69962-how-links-themes-roms-kernels-boot-animations-combined-resource-4-01-11-a.html

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, seen a few people mention that, but it's not compiled from source (well, by Samsung but not navenedrob). We don't have EC10 ROM source yet, only kernel source.

It's just the /system taken from the stock mesmirze EC10 leak, modded to try to make it compatible with Verizon.

The idea is that USCC doesn't junk up their phones quite as much as Verizon does, so it might provide a better base for a TouchWiz ROM.

Ah, I see... thanks for clearing that up for me

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
GPS and Bluetooth is not a problem for all. There are ways to fix it posted in the original post over at XDA.

If you want MMS / SMS this ROM won't work for you as it is broken and will remain broken most likely until they get their hands on source. This is also explained in the original thread at XDA which is linked from the existing thread that is maintained on all ROMS Kernels Themes etc...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/69962-how-links-themes-roms-kernels-boot-animations-combined-resource-4-01-11-a.html

Version 3 is up - SMS and MMS are fixed. Google Voice does not currently work.

Status
Not open for further replies.