[FIX][4-1-11]Latest ClockworkMod and SuperClean ROM's - Erasing the CWM Confusion

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the latest CWS in an effort to get voodoo, but i still can't open the zip file at recovery screen. So i guess this is two questions:

1. What is the issue with the zip file. I have EB01

2. After I get this issue resolved, can i go str8 to voodoo kernal or do i need to flash stock

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the latest CWS in an effort to get voodoo, but i still can't open the zip file at recovery screen. So i guess this is two questions:

1. What is the issue with the zip file. I have EB01

2. After I get this issue resolved, can i go str8 to voodoo kernal or do i need to flash stock

Need more details please. What zip file are you trying to open?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
pit

Well papa as someone else posted before, possibly in this thread but I can't remember.....If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The problems we were running into involved having a theme in addition to the ROM. So I would say it may be unnecessary for you to go through all the steps. The only thing I might recommend would be to upgrade to the new cwm, whichever method you prefer - flash the tar one in ODIN, or flash the zip one through cwm.

thx LandShark as always whatever you suggest is A-OK with me..
what about the Pit file i never applied that one?? thx again

Reactions: Landshark

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
apply sdcard:update.zip at recovery screen

this is the error i get:

E:failed to open/sd card/update.zip

E:signature verification failed

from what i understand we are not supposed to do anything with the Update.zip
leave it alone... is what i've heard .. so far its worked for me to leave it alone...

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
from what i understand we are not supposed to do anything with the Update.zip
leave it alone... is what i've heard .. so far its worked for me to leave it alone...

i thought i needed to do this in order to get into the "red cws" to get voodoo or am i totally confused on this? apparently so. please help anyone who is
knowledgeable

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I just searched the first twelve posts of Jaekar99's thread and did not see one single mention of this method, the new cwm-all from GizmoDroid, or the sc 2.9.2 that includes the new cwm-all. The first 12 posts of Jaekar's thread are where he maintains all the main information and constantly updates it. The method, the cwm-all, and the sc 2.9.2 with the new cwm-all were all developed by GizmoDroid and he had every right to start a new thread to detail all this information in a separate thread. If Jaekar99 had any of this information in the first 12 posts of his thread, it most likely would have been just a link to this thread. You'll notice Jaekar99 has links to other informative and helpful threads in his Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations thread such as DroidXcon's clockwork thread, Sheepdog Elite's beginners rooting thread, and gunnermike53's voodoo thread. But those links are in addition to his helpful original information. He didn't start a thread just to say hey, look at this great thing I found which oh by the way already exists here at AC. When you start a whole new thread to make available to everyone at AC something that someone else took the time and effort to already make available to everyone at AC it only accomplishes two things: 1) Tells the original person their hard work was meaningless; and 2) Clutters up the forums with unnecessary threads.

Had you taken the time to do a thorough job of reading the threads here in the Fascinate forums, especially the stickies, you would have gotten a good feel for where to find information. And you would have already known Jaekar99 works his tail off to maintain that thread and usually has new stuff posted at XDA linked to in his thread within a day. If he misses something, helpful AC members have mentioned it to him in his thread and he gets right on it. We have a limit of 5 stickies in the forums, so every time someone posts an unnecessary thread, it pushes other informative threads such as the voodoo thread, the battery thread, and DroidXcon's how to install and use clockworkmod recovery thread back to page two and sometimes further back.

When I posted in your thread about the information already existing, it was not meant to insult or belittle you, it was meant to stand up for the work Jaekar99 does and to inform and educate you and anyone else who read that post about searching the forums to see if the information you are about to post already exists. I'm sorry if you took it that way or if I came across a bit too snippy. But really, now you have to go on a rant every chance you get and swear like crazy? Completely unnecessary. You need to familiarize yourself with this:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-central-meta/57097-android-central-forum-faqs.html
especially the forum rules & guideline
Please

I apologize for swearing and cluttering the forums w personal nonsense... I just felt like I was bein attacked and singled out by the people with the most influence on here... I also am sorry if I offended anybody I guess even some of us cool headed guys even react dsfensive when they feel back in a corner. As I have mentioned many times jaekar, landshark, gunnermike, droidx and more have helpec me many times and I have the upmost respect for all of them.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
thx LandShark as always whatever you suggest is A-OK with me..
what about the Pit file i never applied that one?? thx again

PIT file is safe to use. If you are going to do this, when you open up ODIN you will see a box above the PDA box, it is marked PIT. That is where the pit file goes.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i thought i needed to do this in order to get into the "red cws" to get voodoo or am i totally confused on this? apparently so. please help anyone who is
knowledgeable

Are you not already booting directly to red cwm? If not you will need to flash the new red cwm from Gizmodroid and jt1134 in the first post of this thread. I answered your question just like this in Adrynalyne's thread. You need to read DroidXcon's clockworkmod recovery thread to learn how to use cwm. There are step by step instructions and visual aid screenshots. Check it out here: DroidXcon's Clockworkmod Recovery Thread

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for swearing and cluttering the forums w personal nonsense... I just felt like I was bein attacked and singled out by the people with the most influence on here... I also am sorry if I offended anybody I guess even some of us cool headed guys even react dsfensive when they feel back in a corner. As I have mentioned many times jaekar, landshark, gunnermike, droidx and more have helpec me many times and I have the upmost respect for all of them.

No problem. I went off on an unnecessary profanity laced rant very early on after I joined AC and got a nasty gram from the Moderator, so I know it can happen to anyone. We should all just put this behind us and start fresh from here. That way we can keep these forums the best like they are and everyone can feel comfortable posting whatever they feel is right to post.

Reactions: bubbadogg14

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Well papa as someone else posted before, possibly in this thread but I can't remember.....If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The problems we were running into involved having a theme in addition to the ROM. So I would say it may be unnecessary for you to go through all the steps. The only thing I might recommend would be to upgrade to the new cwm, whichever method you prefer - flash the tar one in ODIN, or flash the zip one through cwm.

hey Shark, I'm running almost the identical setup to you and I'm not having any problems with it, but I would like the most current CWM, so all I would have to do is flash the zip file from the first post in this thread and then reboot? is that correct?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
hey Shark, I'm running almost the identical setup to you and I'm not having any problems with it, but I would like the most current CWM, so all I would have to do is flash the zip file from the first post in this thread and then reboot? is that correct?

ok one more question,, make it 2 more .. Can I use my new CWM to flash the "Pit" file ..
2. can i use CWM to flash the stock EB01.

i do thank gizmodroid and all others all the work in getting some things fixed.. i copied everything just in case.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

You can do that, but you may run into a problem if any remnants of the old cwm remain after flashing the new zip file. I was having no problems with my set up at all either. Or so I thought. I just went through the whole process, and now my phone is working incredibly better. Smoother, faster, more responsive. Used to be every time I rebooted my phone my Launcher Pro was basically "stuck" for lack of a better term. There would be an orange halo around my Google maps icon and I couldn't scroll between my homescreens, couldn't open my app drawer, couldn't open anything until I long pressed the home button, opened task manager, and ended Launcher Pro. Also after flashing a new ROM I used to always have to go into Root Explorer and delete the fede.launcher.com files before I could get the 3D app drawer in LP to stick. Now, no problem. Also used to have to change the contacts icon in my dock in order to be able to use the back button to get out of contacts. Not now. I just rebooted my phone twice, and none of these issues appeared. I would highly recommend everyone follow GizmoDroid's instructions to the letter. You won't be sorry.

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
so better to odin fresh to ebo1 like suggested and go from there? and since i have voodoo, do i need to disable lag fix before i odin the eb01 package?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so better to odin fresh to ebo1 like suggested and go from there? and since i have voodoo, do i need to disable lag fix before i odin the eb01 package?

No, you don't have to disable lag fix, I didn't. And make sure you don't do my goof of not putting a checkmark in the re-partition box. Make sure you put the tar file in the pda box and the pit file in the pit box. Follow GizmoDroid's instructions exactly. It took a little while and yeah, it's kind of a pita to set everything up again, but I think the time, effort, and hassle are worth it for the performance I'm getting now.

Reactions: Bfascinated

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok one more question,, make it 2 more .. Can I use my new CWM to flash the "Pit" file ..
2. can i use CWM to flash the stock EB01.

i do thank gizmodroid and all others all the work in getting some things fixed.. i copied everything just in case.

No, in the process GizmoDroid outlined you have to flash the EB01 file and the PIT file in ODIN.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Oh and one other thing. If you are already running voodoo, the reboot where the lady droid voice is talking doesn't take 15 minutes like it did the first time you went to voodoo. It took less than 5.

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
No, you don't have to disable lag fix, I didn't. And make sure you don't do my goof of not putting a checkmark in the re-partition box. Make sure you put the tar file in the pda box and the pit file in the pit box. Follow GizmoDroid's instructions exactly. It took a little while and yeah, it's kind of a pita to set everything up again, but I think the time, effort, and hassle are worth it for the performance I'm getting now.

everything you've helped me with so far as turned out just like expected, so i have no reason to doubt you! thanks alot Shark! :D