Any Devs working on bluetooth issues

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy to help test if you are. BT is the only thing keeping me from loving my Fascinate. I am currently running 2.9.2. I suspect it is a source code issue in Froyo but who knows. Problem has existed since I started playing with various froyo builds. Please don't make me go back to bloated stock Eclair :'(.

Thanks to all for your hard work. It is appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy to help test if you are. BT is the only thing keeping me from loving my Fascinate. I am currently running 2.9.2. I suspect it is a source code issue in Froyo but who knows. Problem has existed since I started playing with various froyo builds. Please don't make me go back to bloated stock Eclair :'(.

I dont have my phone nor did i ever use BT but i hear Landshark say that you need to flash nuance. have you done this?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

I use bt everyday, multiple bt devices paired simultaneously, and am running 2.9.2. Non voodo...so I am not convinced it's the ROM.

What specific problem are you having? (pairing, connecting etc)

I flashed the nuance patch, but i'm pretty sure Nuance is not necessary for bt to function (to my knowledge), it is just a voice commands app, that allows hands free dialing, texting etc..

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

What type of issue are you having with bluetooth? I am running SC 2.9.1 and have no issues.

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My issues are:

Usually I can connect with BT device, I have both Plantronics headset and my car, 2011 GM. Once connected sometimes I can make a call but at least 50% of the time when I place a call I get a couple of rings through BT and then it drops. Call is still active, just have to put the phone to my ear as BT has stopped working.

I can never make two calls in a row with BT. Even if one is successful, the next call will drop BT.

If I reboot it will sometimes work again for a call, sometimes not. Connecting to BT and staying connected is my issue.

Pretty inconsistent, wish I had an exact sequence to share.

Last edited:

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is a test I just ran.

BT on, went to my car, started up and phone connected just fine.

Called my wife as a test, got a couple of quick vibrations and then a Force Close dialog in Google Framework. Even with FC that call completed ok but it was real quick.

Hung up and called again and she answered, BT was still working but a couple of secs later BT disconnected.

I assume if I can fix the FC problem that would fix my BT issue. But...

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Here is a test I just ran.

BT on, went to my car, started up and phone connected just fine.

Called my wife as a test, got a couple of quick vibrations and then a Force Close dialog in Google Framework. Even with FC that call completed ok but it was real quick.

Hung up and called again and she answered, BT was still working but a couple of secs later BT disconnected.

I assume if I can fix the FC problem that would fix my BT issue. But...

Alright my man, are you

Voodoo or Nonvoodoo?

Theme?

Kernel?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Nonvoodoo running SC 2.9.2 as is, no extra theme, etc.

Hmm I'm running the same thing..

I would try re-downloading the 2.9.2 with the fixed CWM..

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...od-superclean-roms-erasing-cwm-confusion.html

or if your not cool with flashing this, just re-flash sc 2.9.2 (hopefully still on your sdcard).

as well as the Nuance Patch from

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...perclean-2-9-2-ea15-eb01-eb16-ec10-based.html

Clear your cache and davlik cache in CWM

RE-flash the new ROM with updated cwm and the nuance patch (can flash in the same CWM session)..

(Try to do this with a 100% charge or close to)

reboot and try again.

Last edited:

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Will let you know. Thanks for the response.

Thinking about it, it might be better for you to just delete the existing 2.9.2.zip that you used originally, and re-download Adry 2.9.2.zip and reflash that....including the nuance patch etc etc..

I would hold off on the 2.9.2 with updated cwm.. from gizmodroid..

It seems there was a problem with one user (which could have just been user error), and it just came out today.. might be safe to hold of till tomorrow and see what the consensus is overnight.. (probably ok...but better to wait and see) if you want to try that.
:cool:

It's always better to flash ROM's kernels etc on a full charge and reset your batttery with tu..

check out the thread here

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...8399-how-discussion-improve-battery-life.html

Last edited:

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Rats. Downloaded a fresh copy of SC 2.9.2 and installed. Also installed Nuance patch.

Same result. FC in Google Services Framework, then kaput from that point on.

All4TheFam

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually have these issues too as well as sound fades in and out when listening to music via bt. This happen with different radios, and headsets. I work at a car audio store and the best radio I have found is Kenwood, but still has these issues. Other manufactures would either pair and not connect or not connect at all. One thing we all do need to remember is that most headsets and existing car stereo are on bt version 2.0 and lower, where the SF is a 3.0 device. When I have connected to3.0 devices I have no issue. Seems the reverse comparability is disabled or corrupt. I may bewrong, but we are made to upgrade bt sections of our decks to keep current, and reverse compatability working, so its a thought.

My issues are:

Usually I can connect with BT device, I have both Plantronics headset and my car, 2011 GM. Once connected sometimes I can make a call but at least 50% of the time when I place a call I get a couple of rings through BT and then it drops. Call is still active, just have to put the phone to my ear as BT has stopped working.

I can never make two calls in a row with BT. Even if one is successful, the next call will drop BT.

If I reboot it will sometimes work again for a call, sometimes not. Connecting to BT and staying connected is my issue.

Pretty inconsistent, wish I had an exact sequence to share.

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Kaput = Bluetooth. Meaning problem still exists. To ALL4, good thought but I also have the same issue with my Plantronics headset which is too old to be BT 3.0.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Kaput = Bluetooth. Meaning problem still exists. To ALL4, good thought but I also have the same issue with my Plantronics headset which is too old to be BT 3.0.

Just to confirm, you did wipe the cache, and davlik cache in CWM before flashing the ROM?

and

You don't have a task manager (ATK etc) correct?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
No task managers for me.

And yes I wiped both caches. Actually wiped before and after flash just to be safe.

Second wipe not necessary, but is okay.

Is SC 2.9.2 the first ROM you have had problems? Or did you have problems with the other SC versions as well?

Do you have Vlingo installed? If so un-install for the time being.

Make sure you go into Bluetooth settings and make sure that the devices that are paired with your phone,are allocated for the appropriate functions...

i.e. Phone for your platronics..and uncheck media...

and Media for your car, and uncheck phone..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo