Updated froyo and now it keeps rebooting?

vaporeon8

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Mmk. I had dropped my fascinate in the creek and it seemed okay, but I figured if anything was wrong with it then what the hell, it's been dropped in water anyway. So I decided to root it, then put the froyo 2.2 on my phone. It was awesome for a while, then it started to get annoying. I would be texting, and finish and lock my phone, and the screen would go black but the buttons at the bottom would still light up. It would vibrate once, wait ten seconds, vibrate three times, do that all again, then the little startup rainbow thing would happen and it would basically turn itself back on. It's been doing that for a couple days.
What do I need to do here? Do I need to find another version of 2.1 and download it, then install it again with odin, or what?
Thanks <3

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Mmk. I had dropped my fascinate in the creek and it seemed okay, but I figured if anything was wrong with it then what the hell, it's been dropped in water anyway. So I decided to root it, then put the froyo 2.2 on my phone. It was awesome for a while, then it started to get annoying. I would be texting, and finish and lock my phone, and the screen would go black but the buttons at the bottom would still light up. It would vibrate once, wait ten seconds, vibrate three times, do that all again, then the little startup rainbow thing would happen and it would basically turn itself back on. It's been doing that for a couple days.
What do I need to do here? Do I need to find another version of 2.1 and download it, then install it again with odin, or what?
Thanks <3

You are experiencing a bootloop. It could be remedied by fixing permissions, or a re-flash of your ROM...

It could also be due to water damage.. It is near impossible to determine exact cause.

Start with the easiest from your perspective: fix permissions, re-flash ROM..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol