Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3g mobile hotspot

I decided to open the app 3g mobile hotspot. I remember opening it once and being asked to sign up. This time it allowed me to connect my computer with no warning of being charged. Will verizon still charge me utilizing this program or is this something new with the root and kernal? I was using wireless tether before this.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

No worries. If you tried to access the internet with a connected computer it would have just taken you to VZ's provisioning page where it would prompt you to add the service there. They HAVE to get your confirmation before making any service changes to your contract.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by killahamsammich View Post
    No worries. If you tried to access the internet with a connected computer it would have just taken you to VZ's provisioning page where it would prompt you to add the service there. They HAVE to get your confirmation before making any service changes to your contract.
    Thats what i thought but to me it sounds too good to be true. I will use it and see what happens with my bil

Just wanted to see if others were using it without a charge.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Well like I said, you wont actually be able to USE it. Just connecting a computer to the phone doesn't use the service. It's when that connected computer tries to access the internet that it does. If you don't have the service on your account, you will be taken to a VZ page to add it. It's not until then that it will work/you will be billed for it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by killahamsammich View Post
    Well like I said, you wont actually be able to USE it. Just connecting a computer to the phone doesn't use the service. It's when that connected computer tries to access the internet that it does. If you don't have the service on your account, you will be taken to a VZ page to add it. It's not until then that it will work/you will be billed for it.
    But it did connect and I was surfing the net. It never took me to the verizon site. It simply allowed me to surf the web. So should I be worried?

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Quote Originally Posted by ehernandez View Post
    But it did connect and I was surfing the net. It never took me to the verizon site. It simply allowed me to surf the web. So should I be worried?
    If you are check your VZ account. You can manage your services if you log in on their website. If they're charging you, there will be a check in the box next to 3G Hotspot.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I know how to get this feature for FREEEEEEE
    Message me and i will give you the info.
    =)
    VZ Tech Rep

Looking for info on the Freee way to use this, but need 5 posts before I can P.M.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by xWiggy18x View Post
    I know how to get this feature for FREEEEEEE
    Message me and i will give you the info.
    =)
    you dont need to be secretive, we have had wireless teather for like ever.