3g mobile hotspot

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I decided to open the app 3g mobile hotspot. I remember opening it once and being asked to sign up. This time it allowed me to connect my computer with no warning of being charged. Will verizon still charge me utilizing this program or is this something new with the root and kernal? I was using wireless tether before this.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No worries. If you tried to access the internet with a connected computer it would have just taken you to VZ's provisioning page where it would prompt you to add the service there. They HAVE to get your confirmation before making any service changes to your contract.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
No worries. If you tried to access the internet with a connected computer it would have just taken you to VZ's provisioning page where it would prompt you to add the service there. They HAVE to get your confirmation before making any service changes to your contract.

Thats what i thought but to me it sounds too good to be true. I will use it and see what happens with my bil :-\

Just wanted to see if others were using it without a charge.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well like I said, you wont actually be able to USE it. Just connecting a computer to the phone doesn't use the service. It's when that connected computer tries to access the internet that it does. If you don't have the service on your account, you will be taken to a VZ page to add it. It's not until then that it will work/you will be billed for it.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Well like I said, you wont actually be able to USE it. Just connecting a computer to the phone doesn't use the service. It's when that connected computer tries to access the internet that it does. If you don't have the service on your account, you will be taken to a VZ page to add it. It's not until then that it will work/you will be billed for it.

But it did connect and I was surfing the net. It never took me to the verizon site. It simply allowed me to surf the web. So should I be worried?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
But it did connect and I was surfing the net. It never took me to the verizon site. It simply allowed me to surf the web. So should I be worried?

If you are check your VZ account. You can manage your services if you log in on their website. If they're charging you, there will be a check in the box next to 3G Hotspot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non