Help- Phone Freezing/Restarting

mjsavage

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I have rooted my phone a couple months ago I have been having issues with it. Not sure if it is the phone or the root. I am currently running the 2.9 Super Clean and I love it rooted but keep having issues. I started off with like the 2.4 then have moved up to the 2.8 and now the 2.9 version.

1. Sometimes I miss text messages and calls when have service and don't know about it until have message or the person says they could never reach me. Today I missed two calls from 9am-4pm and never knew until had 2 vm's at 430.

2. Phone will randomly just freeze sometimes it will be on the lock screen other times I can not get to the lock screen and screen is just black. Have to restart phone to get working again.

3. Sometimes it will randomly just restart itself. Other day was on a call and it started restarting while on the call and it never disconnected. Another time playing Angry Bird it just restarted. Other times it will just randomly restart itself.

Didn't want to take to Verizon since it was rooted and knew that if it is something that can be fixed this is the place to go.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I have rooted my phone a couple months ago I have been having issues with it. Not sure if it is the phone or the root. I am currently running the 2.9 Super Clean and I love it rooted but keep having issues. I started off with like the 2.4 then have moved up to the 2.8 and now the 2.9 version.

1. Sometimes I miss text messages and calls when have service and don't know about it until have message or the person says they could never reach me. Today I missed two calls from 9am-4pm and never knew until had 2 vm's at 430.

2. Phone will randomly just freeze sometimes it will be on the lock screen other times I can not get to the lock screen and screen is just black. Have to restart phone to get working again.

3. Sometimes it will randomly just restart itself. Other day was on a call and it started restarting while on the call and it never disconnected. Another time playing Angry Bird it just restarted. Other times it will just randomly restart itself.

Didn't want to take to Verizon since it was rooted and knew that if it is something that can be fixed this is the place to go.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

try to upgrade to superclean 2.9.2

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Also, people have been having mixed results with the EB01 radio. Try flashing back to the DL09 radio, and see if that improves your calls/texts situation.

It also seems as if you are having the SOD problem. See this thread for more info on that

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks I will try that is it going to wipe everything or will it keep all the apps and content?

Also, people have been having mixed results with the EB01 radio. Try flashing back to the DL09 radio, and see if that improves your calls/texts situation.

It also seems as if you are having the SOD problem. See this thread for more info on that

No if you use the odin version it will not wipe data,,,,if you use clockwork version it will not wipe data unless you manually tell it to wipe data

SOD was supposedly addressed in 2.9.2 so whatever patch is in that SOD thread should already be included in 2.9.2

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
No if you use the odin version it will not wipe data,,,,if you use clockwork version it will not wipe data unless you manually tell it to wipe data

SOD was supposedly addressed in 2.9.2 so whatever patch is in that SOD thread should already be included in 2.9.2

brucedbr was still having SOD with 2.9.2. The SOD post has a procedure to follow and it worked for me.

I have the SOD problem religiously with Froyo. (ROM or just 5 locks).

I followed those procedures and have not gotten the SOD in over 1 day, usually it will happen within a couple hours of flashing.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Like curley stated I was also getting the sleep of death with 2.9.2

After a lot of trial and error and help from many other members I posted a way to resolve it that has worked for a few people in the SOD thread.

Reactions: curley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12