Nonvoodoo lagfix w/SC & Froyo?

therawuncut

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Had my Fascinate for about 5 days and loving it. Took the plunge and rooted, and installed "Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection" from the sticky here yesterday (first time I've ever attempted to mod a phone).

When running Quadrant my score is in the mid 900s. It's been suggested that I probably need a lagfix (and I personally think the device could be a bit more responsive).

Knowing that the only things I've done are rooting the phone and installing the file above via Odin, what's the best course of action for me? Will running voodoo have any adverse effects on my current setup? Is voodoo necessary?

I've definitely tried to find the answer on here, but am still a little confused.

Any advice is appreciated!

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
First and foremost, you can totally disregard benchmark scores. There's nothing accurate about them.

Voodoo will not harm anything at all. All it does is convert your current file system from RFS which is FAT based (so it indexes everything) to EXT4 which is linux based. This allows the system to access files faster.

The only thing you have to be careful about with voodoo, is switching kernels. If you go from a voodoo kernel to a nonvoodoo kernel, you need to be 100% sure to disable the lagfix before installing the new kernel. If you don't, your phone will be very angry with you. It is recoverable, but a pretty big hassle.

Everyone will have their own opinion on voodoo. Some say it's not worth the hassle, because they gains are too minimal to outweigh the risk. And others will stand by it to the grave. I personally have only had good experiences with it so I plan on using it for quite some time.

I would just sum everything up here by saying try it for yourself and make your own judgment. There's nothing to be afraid of as long as you follow the rules. :p

If you want some more info gunnermike has a very good write up which explains the benefits and process some more.
How to Voodoo ***Updated 27 Mar 2011***KERNEL BUILT FROM SOURCE/SOUND/UNDERVOLTED

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you flash the correct software for your phone. Do not flash anything meant for another phone on your phone. We've seen this a lot lately.

And as always, if you have any questions, ask away. We're here to help =)

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you flash the correct software for your phone. Do not flash anything meant for another phone on your phone. We've seen this a lot lately.

And as always, if you have any questions, ask away. We're here to help =)

+1

double and triple check before you do anything, make sure you understand what you are doing BEFORE you do it. there is always someone here to help, ive posted at all times of the day and night and these folks on AC are always quick to help, and are more than willing to. they have helped me go from bone stock to undervolted voodoo running on sc 2.9.2 without a hitch, no problems for me whatsoever.

and I'm happy to say with the voodoo, my phone is down right awesome thanks to everyone on AC!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance