Computer thinks one-click-root is a virus

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the drivers and one click method the way I was instructed through this sight and got a virus both times. What is up with that?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You downloaded both files from this site? What anti-virus program are you using? Both these files are clean, your anti-virus most likely mistakenly thought they were viruses.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the drivers and one click method the way I was instructed through this sight and got a virus both times. What is up with that?

the process of rooting is through something called an exploit which is like a trojan.
you apply this to your phone and the exploit takes advantage of the security hole, you then move files into the system that later allow you super user access.

This is why hacking is called hacking and not cuddling.

If you want to root this is the how it works or you can use my odin packages in the stickies. the odin packages are pre rooted, the files are already in place.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
the process of rooting is through something called an exploit which is like a trojan.
you apply this to your phone and the exploit takes advantage of the security hole, you then move files into the system that later allow you super user access.

If you want to root this is the how it works or you can use my odin packages in the stickies. the odin packages are pre rooted, the files are already in place.

Ok, I never heard of this before. So what do I do? Things for me have become more complicated. I have been reading for ever and now I get this. very confused now.:-\

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooting because I'm tired of waiting for 2.2. Plus most people are bragging how awesome there phone is after rooting. Should I not?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooting because I'm tired of waiting for 2.2. Plus most people are bragging how awesome there phone is after rooting. Should I not?

Do you have your contacts backed up , and are you willing to loose apps, that can be reinstalled later anyway

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm ready. Been reading on this stuff for ever. I did try it though and keep getting device not found so I don't know whats going on.

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn off all antivirus applications to root via the one click method. The first attempt failed as my AV did its job.

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn off all antivirus applications to root via the one click method. The first attempt failed as my AV did its job.
I had to turn off my virus protection, too... then I was good to go.
Makes sense... love the hacking not cuddling line :)

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Well that and saying "I just cuddled my phone" just sounds silly.:p

schwepdaddy

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had something similar to this happen to me last week.

I was psyching myself up to finally flash froyo on my phone, and I decided to get the ball rolling by downloading all of the necessary files to flash using Odin (I used the megaupload links found in the how-to thread). But when I got to the last file--odin itself--my Norton Internet Security identified it as a security risk, based on file reputation, and quarantined the download. It spooked me enough to keep me from moving forward with Froyo. I searched the forums for any sign that this happened to others, but found nothing.

Is this just Norton being paranoid?

Now I have Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" song stuck in my head. Great. lol.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had something similar to this happen to me last week.

I was psyching myself up to finally flash froyo on my phone, and I decided to get the ball rolling by downloading all of the necessary files to flash using Odin (I used the megaupload links found in the how-to thread). But when I got to the last file--odin itself--my Norton Internet Security identified it as a security risk, based on file reputation, and quarantined the download. It spooked me enough to keep me from moving forward with Froyo. I searched the forums for any sign that this happened to others, but found nothing.

Is this just Norton being paranoid?

Now I have Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" song stuck in my head. Great. lol.

happening on odin is odd, its possible its just warning you because it is an executable and not a compressed file such as a .zip or .rar

schwepdaddy

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, that certainly is a possibility. I just went to look at the logs in Norton, and from what they tell me, I can't tell for sure if that is what is going on. I'm attaching a screen capture of the log in case someone has some insights to share!

Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, that certainly is a possibility. I just went to look at the logs in Norton, and from what they tell me, I can't tell for sure if that is what is going on. I'm attaching a screen capture of the log in case someone has some insights to share!

Thanks!
so here is the definition of that warning
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec?s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec?s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec?s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.

Most people probably report it because its an executable, but according symantic its not a virus or malware that they find.

I just send you a PM try that one. if you get the error just ignore it

Reactions: schwepdaddy

schwepdaddy

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Most people probably report it because its an executable, but according symantic its not a virus or malware that they find.

I just send you a PM try that one. if you get the error just ignore it

Excellent. I'll give that a shot later tonight. Thank you for your help and feedback!

skategeezer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have similar issues with trend micro 2011. It deletes the rage.bin file automatically. I have to disable trend to download and push the files via adb one click or not it was the rage.bin that was the issue . Not sure why but there u go.