Fascinate Froyo Download and Installation Help

Eaglesrulez

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone help me download froyo on my fascinate or any rom that's better than eclair. I have rooted my phone already... but I'm like a super noob at this flashing rom stuff so is there like a step by step guide for like ******s on how to install froyo on my phone

Eaglesrulez

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
@NOsquid - Thanks but which version should i download because i have no idea what debloated and superclean and what all these terms mean

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
@NOsquid - Thanks but which version should i download because i have no idea what debloated and superclean and what all these terms mean

Just a quick favor to ask from your first post, please watch the language. The full stock is the untouched, leaked ROM the independent developers got their hands on. The debloated/deodexed version removed all of the verizon bloatware such as vz navigator, vcast videos, etc. (debloated) and then deodexed the ROM. When the ROM is put together all the apps and the software are fragmented, this is know as odexing. By deodexing, Adrynalyne, for lack of a better term, put the apps and software back together so we can run themes, patches, and modifications on top of the ROM. Superclean then does further customizing and cleaning of the ROM and modifies the kernel which is the basic building block of the ROM. So you are going in steps from stock to superclean. For a better understanding of a lot of the terms used here at the forums and to gain a basic understanding of rooting, read Sheepdog Elite's two outstanding threads here:

Beginning Rooters Read Me
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...0058-how-first-time-rooting-walk-through.html

Reactions: Eaglesrulez

mjt1265

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I personally use 2.9.2. SC from what I understand really it means just that "clean" no bloatware ie: City ID, visual voicemail etc. In other words all the crap that verizon loads our phones with. Thus making it run faster and smoother.
It can be very intimidating at first. Take it from me I am a Tech tard (I think that will be my sig) but as long as you read up on everything and ask questions it really is very easy. (Everyone here is more than helpful and if you run into problems dont hesitate to ask.

With all that being said welcome to the forum
:)

Last edited:

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
good luck! and dont forget to thank everyone i just too the froyo plunge having minor issues but im sure these experts will square me away

Fubar65

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally flashed Superclean 2.9 to my phone, and was having random reboots every couple of hours. I then flashed Superclean 2.9.2 over the 2.9 and its been stable ever since. I didn't want Superclean at first, but it is so smooth and stable that I am glad my mistake worked in my favor. You should definitely install the Superclean version, you won't be sorry. If you do the Superclean route, you will need to flash the Odin package with 2.9 first, and then flash the 2.9.2 version over that. Its very simple.