Most stable ROM for Fascinate

deafguy

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a fascinate I had asked my stepson to root my phone scince he had managed to root his driodx without any problems but he semi bricked it... I had managed to get a stock install back into the phone and get it working... and feel that if I could do that, I should be able to root it :)

This is what I have

Firmware

2.1-update1

baseband

S:i500.04 V.DJ05

Kernal

build

Sch-I500.DJ05

Ok, I would just like to root and put in a stable rom .... I would like to underclock or just get something without all the bloat... I was thinking the lastest superclean. I would pretty much like a step by step walk through from someone with time on their hands... :)

I already have Odin setup on my pc...

Last edited:

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a fascinate I had asked my stepson to root my phone scince he had managed to root his driodx without any problems but he semi bricked it... I had managed to get a stock install back into the phone and get it working... and feel that if I could do that, I should be able to root it :)

This is what I have

Firmware

2.1-update1

baseband

Kernal

build

Sch-I500.DJ05

Ok, I would just like to root and put in a stable rom .... I would like to underclock or just get something without all the bloat... I was thinking the lastest superclean. I would pretty much like a step by step walk through from someone with time on their hands... :)

Read the stickies... all the step-by-step walk throughs you could ever want are there

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site

This is what I have

Firmware

2.1-update1

baseband

Kernal

build

Sch-I500.DJ05

Go here---> http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ed-custom-roms-w-root-updated-06-12-11-a.html

The all in one ODIN package links and walkthroughs are there and I would take a look at the two that are there under "CR 2.0"...

You have an option of using either but one does not have the Modem file and you are left with the one you have on your phone now...

HOWEVER you are currently using DJ05 and I might look into letting the phone OTA update to the newest version. (ED04 Baseband). Then ODIN the package without the Modem and you have the newest baseband plus a very nice ROM with an undervolted kernel :)

Or you could use the other link that has everything you need including a fairly new modem which some will argue works just as well.

nlong1418

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
superclean needed

Superclean 2.9.2. If you are proficient at rooting and flashing, you can load the EB01 modem in ODIN and the Superclean ROM in clockworkmod recovery. Or if you are not proficient, you can use DroidXcon's all-in-one ODIN packages. Just let me know which you want to use and I can direct you.

hey there landshark how can I go about obtaining this ROM?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Loaded CommRom with 2.1 patch on my GFs phone as suggested by my bro droidxcon, and she couldn't be happier. Thanks DXC.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
hey there landshark how can I go about obtaining this ROM?

Which one are you referring to? Here's everything you will need for either way:

EB01 Modem => eb01modem.tar

SC 2.9.2 nonvoodoo => super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv_CWMFIX.zip

SC 2.9.2 ODIN file => MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

For the ODIN file follow the directions in this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html

SuperClean has been replaced by Community ROM, so there is no more support for this ROM, FYI