(Resolved)Possible brick, please help

18annu18

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Here is one that I have not seen an answer for. I was trying to root and accidentally did somthing I did not want to do so I pulled the battery while in the manual (blue) mode. I can get back to the Manual recovery mode but anytime I choose a selection all I get is a white triangle with an exclamation point in it and a little a android guy. Is my phone a goner?

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Here is one that I have not seen an answer for. I was trying to root and accidentally did somthing I did not want to do so I pulled the battery while in the manual (blue) mode. I can get back to the Manual recovery mode but anytime I choose a selection all I get is a white triangle with an exclamation point in it and a little a android guy. Is my phone a goner?

hit the home button on reboot, and no at the very worst case you just use odin, you are not even close to a brick

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DroidXcon,

Is it true that this phone is really hard to brick? Today is my crack at rooting this phone.

I literally flashed and hacked away at my phone for months several times a day before i permanently bricked it, and that was just a mistake i made from being to comfortable with the phone. Just make sure when flashing any full back to stock odin packages that the phone is in a safe spot that you wont drop or disconnect the cable like i did and you will be fine.

18annu18

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
The AndroidCentral post that has the step by step on how to root and install ROMs is awesome. Very nice work. I was able to reinstall CWM Recovery and install Froyo on my phone. Wow, it's blazing fast so far. Good stuff. Who needs an official OTA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar