can't get to Clockwork

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
rooted phone to eb01 everything went smooth. downloaded theme for eb01,can not get phone to go in to red recovery only blue . i have tried several times and searched with no luck hopefully some one out here can square me away thanks in advance

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks jaekar99 this was previously done. does this mean i might have to do it again?

You said you rooted your phone to EB01. There are a few ways to get here. What did you do exactly?

Did you root with one click and then flash the EB01 Kernel? If you did what ROM did you use?

Did you use DroidXcons method to flash via ODIN to get EB01?

It would be a lot easier to help if we know exactly what you did.

Reactions: Vraholic

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
To explain. If you have SuperClean 2.8 flashed you would have the old CWM recovery and would need to flash the new one as JaeKar99 pointed out.

If you flashed the latest SuperClean 2.9.2 then you already or should already have the latest CWM Recovery as it is included in this flash.

If you are using DroidXcons method I would have to go and read over his post to determine exactly what he has contained in his one flash wonders.

Please elaborate more so we can give you the correct information.

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
thank you guys for the quick responses. i followed sheep dog elietes post on how to first time root users guide. i did step by step,i wish i knew how to quote the exact post.but basically i have eb01 froyo and the stock kernel and i wanted to flash a new theme and i got to blue recovery and tried to follow step by step but the phone gives an error when trying to install from sd card

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
also i saw a screen shot of the rom i have and it showed if you hold down the power button a menu pops up that has a recovery option i do not have this recovery option if that matters

Last edited:

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
heres what i got. i go to recovery mode (blue) and select apply sdcard update zip and it says failed to open, no such file or directory, signature verification failed installation aborted

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
heres what i got. i go to recovery mode (blue) and select apply sdcard update zip and it says failed to open, no such file or directory, signature verification failed installation aborted

You do not have an update.zip on your sdcard.. You will always get that error unless you first flash the most up to date CWM on your phone - this one will install via Odin - Link.

Because you are running a stock ROM when it was flashed it removed the version of CWM... you will have to put it back on your phone.

When CWM is back on you can then boot into recovery and flash the theme you desire.

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You do not have an update.zip on your sdcard.. You will always get that error unless you first flash the most up to date CWM on your phone - this one will install via Odin - Link.

Because you are running a stock ROM when it was flashed it removed the version of CWM... you will have to put it back on your phone.

When CWM is back on you can then boot into recovery and flash the theme you desire.

roger that working on it currently so far so good i will keep you updated thanks again

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
awesome it worked.currently using the nitro dark theme is there a way to use a different lock screen besides the one it comes with? i disabled the puzzle lock would like the stock android lock if possible please point me in the right direction

Baldyboyd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
CWM recovery issue

I flashed EB16SC29_DXC.tar.md5 with Odin, successfully, boots up to superclean, restored my backups, everything seems golden... I would just like to know how do I get CWM to stay on as recovery. It's usually there after the initial flash, but when I reboot, it reverts to stock recovery.

I previously attempted to flash CWM All before SC2.9... it did the same thing.

Is the CWM something I have to flash every time I want to use it?

Thanks,

I'm a newbie to root/rom/theme/flash scene, as of this past Sat. Thanks for all the help. The android hacking scene seems to be as diverse as the android market itself.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed EB16SC29_DXC.tar.md5 with Odin, successfully, boots up to superclean, restored my backups, everything seems golden... I would just like to know how do I get CWM to stay on as recovery. It's usually there after the initial flash, but when I reboot, it reverts to stock recovery.

I previously attempted to flash CWM All before SC2.9... it did the same thing.

Is the CWM something I have to flash every time I want to use it?

Thanks,

I'm a newbie to root/rom/theme/flash scene, as of this past Sat. Thanks for all the help. The android hacking scene seems to be as diverse as the android market itself.

Have you tried to flash CWM ALL through odin after you have flashed SC2.9??

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
After flashing sc i odined cwm all without a prob. As far as needing it... For me its a yes. You can be in a Taco Bell restroom flashing goodies. Or at the ballgame watching the Dodgers Spank the Giants and during the 7th inning stretch change a kernel, or pick a new boot animation. CWM=freedom

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After flashing sc i odined cwm all without a prob. As far as needing it... For me its a yes. You can be in a Taco Bell restroom flashing goodies. Or at the ballgame watching the Dodgers Spank the Giants and during the 7th inning stretch change a kernel, or pick a new boot animation. CWM=freedom

no i think he meant if he would have to flash cwm everytime he wants to use cwm,,,,which the answer would be no once you flash cwm all it should stick unless you flash a stock kernel, then you may need to reflash it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance