Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
04-14-2011 02:31 PM
18 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Flash Player doesn't work SC 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10

    I have searched the forum and didnt find anything.... I am assuming this is s simple fix. I am totally new to this type of stuff so please forgive my ignorance.

    I just flashed super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 last night and everything is great except I cant seem to get flashplayer to work. my phone says I have filmware 2.2.1 and I tried downloadin the 10.1 apk(didnt work) and 10.2 from the market(also didnt work)

    any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    v2playa's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Carrier
    Uncertain

    Default

    Last night i flashed EC10 Rom w/ EC01 + JT'S Voodoo the best combination so far. Cant wait for the EC01 Superclean.
  3. #3  
    Lttlwing16's Avatar

    Posts
    771 Posts
    Carrier
    Rooted AOSP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melscott62 View Post
    I have searched the forum and didnt find anything.... I am assuming this is s simple fix. I am totally new to this type of stuff so please forgive my ignorance.

    I just flashed super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 last night and everything is great except I cant seem to get flashplayer to work. my phone says I have filmware 2.2.1 and I tried downloadin the 10.1 apk(didnt work) and 10.2 from the market(also didnt work)

    any suggestions?
    When you mean "it didn't work" does that mean it didn't download at all, or it downloaded but wouldn't work in your browser?

    Also, where did you "flash" from ,and how did you do it...i.e. Droid X packaged 2.9.2 via odin, or 2.9.2 from sc 2.8 via cwm.
  4. #4  
    marteagajr75's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Carrier
    SuperClean 2.9.2

    Default

    does anyone know if samsung media hub works on the fascinate?
  5. #5  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,422 Posts
    Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melscott62 View Post
    I have searched the forum and didnt find anything.... I am assuming this is s simple fix. I am totally new to this type of stuff so please forgive my ignorance.

    I just flashed super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 last night and everything is great except I cant seem to get flashplayer to work. my phone says I have filmware 2.2.1 and I tried downloadin the 10.1 apk(didnt work) and 10.2 from the market(also didnt work)

    any suggestions?
    When you have a browser window open hit the menu soft key and go more=>settings=>enable plug ins and choose "on demand"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    When you have a browser window open hit the menu soft key and go more=>settings=>enable plug ins and choose "on demand"
    thanks for the advice. I tried that, but it didnt work. To clarify I have flash downloaded but it wont work on the browser. I flashed it from this site via odin

    from this link http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ed-3-25-a.html.

    I have a feeling that dosesnt totally answer your question... but again I am totally new to this.
  7. #7  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,422 Posts
    Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melscott62 View Post
    thanks for the advice. I tried that, but it didnt work. To clarify I have flash downloaded but it wont work on the browser. I flashed it from this site via odin

    from this link http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ed-3-25-a.html.

    I have a feeling that dosesnt totally answer your question... but again I am totally new to this.
    After you did that did you go to a browser page that had a flash video? When you looked at the black spot where you should see the video did you see a small white box with a green down arrow? If so, click on that and the video should start playing. The reason I recommended choosing on demand was because I figured you were like me and didn't really have a need to see all the advertisements that use flash player.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    when i originally tried that it didnt work.... I tried it again and it does not... not sure what i did.... I am just happy it worked
  9. #9  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,422 Posts
    Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melscott62 View Post
    when i originally tried that it didnt work.... I tried it again and it does not... not sure what i did.... I am just happy it worked
    Good, I'm glad it is working now.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Good, I'm glad it is working now.
    thanks for your help
  11. #11  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,422 Posts
    Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melscott62 View Post
    thanks for your help
    Welcome. That's what I'm here for.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melscott62 View Post
    when i originally tried that it didnt work.... I tried it again and it does not... not sure what i did.... I am just happy it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    After you did that did you go to a browser page that had a flash video? When you looked at the black spot where you should see the video did you see a small white box with a green down arrow? If so, click on that and the video should start playing. The reason I recommended choosing on demand was because I figured you were like me and didn't really have a need to see all the advertisements that use flash player.
    Nooo mine does the same same thing.!! I have installedvon my phone but doesnt work in hrowser ive used all the things in thisblist too and doesnt work.. can someone help me vecuase its getting frustrating
  13. #13  
    Brettdacosta's Avatar

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Carrier
    CM 7.1.0 / Glitch

    Default

    I'm curious. I'm up to 10.2. I'm thinking that's why mine isn't working. I was wondering how I would go back down to 10.1 to be able to get my flash to work? Thanks in advance.
  14. #14  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,422 Posts
    Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karimbe View Post
    Nooo mine does the same same thing.!! I have installedvon my phone but doesnt work in hrowser ive used all the things in thisblist too and doesnt work.. can someone help me vecuase its getting frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettdacosta View Post
    I'm curious. I'm up to 10.2. I'm thinking that's why mine isn't working. I was wondering how I would go back down to 10.1 to be able to get my flash to work? Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure what the problem could be because I have 10.2 and my flash player is working just fine.

    EDIT - Scratch that. It was my video player working, not flash player. Trying different sites to see if it will work at all.

    EDIT further - Flash player is playing videos on Android Central just fine.
  15. #15  
    kiddoe's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Carrier
    KangBang1.2!!! comm_ED01

    Default

    10.2 works well for most flash sites on the SF. But for some reason my wife's dinc with flash player 10.2 will play adultswim.com videos, but my 2.2.9v SF won't... Odd
  16. #16  
    marteagajr75's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Carrier
    SuperClean 2.9.2

    Default

    I also did droidxcon's flash package, downloaded flash player from the market and I see the green arrows but the video doesn't play. What could be the problem?
  17. #17  
    marteagajr75's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Carrier
    SuperClean 2.9.2

    Default

    Never mind, it worked witn ny times but at a.c. It was telling me that I needed to have flash installed to watch the video so that was weird. Worked there but not here.
  18. #18  
    nugiene's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Carrier
    Das BAMF Sense 3.0

    Default

    I keep asking and searching, but no answer anywhere. Has anyone else noticed that on EC01 the flash video is choppy?
  19. #19  

    Default

    Yeah I'm not able to get videos to play through subsonic because it says I need flash player, but flash video on other sites will work. On SC 2.9.2.

Posting Permissions