deleting extra desktops/screens(?)

andywakeup

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
hi guys. just successfully installed 2.9.2

everything is great except i'm having a hard time figuring out how to remove some of the extra blank screens you can scroll back and forth from. sorry, i can't seem to think of a better term for what i'm talking about other than desktop. i only really need the home screen and the two the left and right of em are useless... at least for the time being.

anyone have any wise words to share?

please?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
hi guys. just successfully installed 2.9.2

everything is great except i'm having a hard time figuring out how to remove some of the extra blank screens you can scroll back and forth from. sorry, i can't seem to think of a better term for what i'm talking about other than desktop. i only really need the home screen and the two the left and right of em are useless... at least for the time being.

anyone have any wise words to share?

please?

The launcher that comes with 2.9.2 is the stock android froyo launcher (to my knowledge), and is not customizable. In other words there isn't anything you can do with the number of home screens (desktops) with that launcher.

Just download the free version of Launcher Pro from the Market. It is completely customizable and has the capability to limit the number of "homescreens" or "desktops" under preferences to as little as 1, which is what you seek.

Hope that helps. :cool:

Reactions: andywakeup

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For everyone's further information and education the launcher that comes with SC is the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) launcher.

nitro88

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Deleting extra desktops/screens

There's no need to download a special program in order to reduce the # of desktop screens on your Android based phone. All you need to do is, from the main desktop where your icons are showing, go Menu button>Edit>Press and hold on the screen you want to delete>drag it to Remove. Keep doing this until you trash all desired screens.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There's no need to download a special program in order to reduce the # of desktop screens on your Android based phone. All you need to do is, from the main desktop where your icons are showing, go Menu button>Edit>Press and hold on the screen you want to delete>drag it to Remove. Keep doing this until you trash all desired screens.

Just to prevent any confusion, that action does not apply to all launchers. For example, nova launcher, which comes bundled with some of the ICS ROMs out there, requires you to go into its own settings (either from the app drawer or pressing menu > nova settings from your home screen) and selecting the home screens section to arrange/add/delete screens. Unless you purchase the prime version on the market which allows you to you gestures such as pinch zoom like touch wiz.

Sent from my ICS'd Galaxy S.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc