1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default deleting extra desktops/screens(?)

hi guys. just successfully installed 2.9.2

everything is great except i'm having a hard time figuring out how to remove some of the extra blank screens you can scroll back and forth from. sorry, i can't seem to think of a better term for what i'm talking about other than desktop. i only really need the home screen and the two the left and right of em are useless... at least for the time being.

anyone have any wise words to share?

please?

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Quote Originally Posted by andywakeup View Post
    hi guys. just successfully installed 2.9.2

everything is great except i'm having a hard time figuring out how to remove some of the extra blank screens you can scroll back and forth from. sorry, i can't seem to think of a better term for what i'm talking about other than desktop. i only really need the home screen and the two the left and right of em are useless... at least for the time being.

anyone have any wise words to share?

please?
    The launcher that comes with 2.9.2 is the stock android froyo launcher (to my knowledge), and is not customizable. In other words there isn't anything you can do with the number of home screens (desktops) with that launcher.

Just download the free version of Launcher Pro from the Market. It is completely customizable and has the capability to limit the number of "homescreens" or "desktops" under preferences to as little as 1, which is what you seek.

Hope that helps.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

oh man. that was awesome. thanks. it's been driving me crazy for the past few minutes.
    much appreciated.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

For everyone's further information and education the launcher that comes with SC is the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) launcher.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    For everyone's further information and education the launcher that comes with SC is the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) launcher.
    but a touchwiz rom correct?.....that could confuse some people brother
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    but a touchwiz rom correct?.....that could confuse some people brother
    ANY, ANY, ANY superclean ROM is a touchwiz based ROM.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Quote Originally Posted by andywakeup View Post
    oh man. that was awesome. thanks. it's been driving me crazy for the past few minutes.
    much appreciated.
    Hey man glad I could help! I remember when I first tried LP..I was fascinated...PUN intended..

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Deleting extra desktops/screens

There's no need to download a special program in order to reduce the # of desktop screens on your Android based phone. All you need to do is, from the main desktop where your icons are showing, go Menu button>Edit>Press and hold on the screen you want to delete>drag it to Remove. Keep doing this until you trash all desired screens.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Quote Originally Posted by kwkirton View Post
    There's no need to download a special program in order to reduce the # of desktop screens on your Android based phone. All you need to do is, from the main desktop where your icons are showing, go Menu button>Edit>Press and hold on the screen you want to delete>drag it to Remove. Keep doing this until you trash all desired screens.
    Just to prevent any confusion, that action does not apply to all launchers. For example, nova launcher, which comes bundled with some of the ICS ROMs out there, requires you to go into its own settings (either from the app drawer or pressing menu > nova settings from your home screen) and selecting the home screens section to arrange/add/delete screens. Unless you purchase the prime version on the market which allows you to you gestures such as pinch zoom like touch wiz.

Sent from my ICS'd Galaxy S.