New jt kernels with small ED01 content

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Which ROM? I thought there wasn't a debloated version yet? Or do you mean the one Adrynalyne posted with EC01 radio?

Sent with my thumbs.

there's a debloated version in the themes section at XDA. the leak from Andry is also debloated but not as heavly as his SC roms. I've been running the leaked version which I further debloated myself since it was released and love it!! using JT's 0415 voodoo kernel, Crysis Revolution theme w/6 lock mod and couldnt be happier!! And I'm also now getting facebook push notifications! life's good but cant wait to see what else is coming out!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
the leak was already deodexed he just debloated it more and themed some of the framework.

Oh, ok. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in Adry's OP that he deodexed it. And AC prefers you not direct people to another site when the same content is available here.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
May be already answered, but is there a leak that is just rooted stock, like there was for EB01? I like to do some debloating, but not all.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ive never cleared the caches and ive switched kernels a millions times....is there a way to check to see which kernel your on?

To find out which kernel you are running, download Terminal Emulator from the market, and launch. At the prompt, type:

SU

Then:

cat /proc/version

This will spit out some code, and will have a date in it.

The date is the build date of the kernel, and you can decode the kernel date by following this:

2010 = D, 2011 = E
January = A, February = B, March = C, April = D, etc.

The two digits following that are the day of the month, example: ED01 was compiled on April 1st, 2011; EB01 on February 1st, 2011, etc.

Edit: I just realized, if the kernel has been modified, it will have the modification date, not the original build date. So you will have to use that date to figure out which modified kernel you are using... Not a perfect system, but helps to narrow it down :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
To find out which kernel you are running, download Terminal Emulator from the market, and launch. At the prompt, type:

SU

Then:

cat /proc/version

The date is the build date of the kernel, and you can decode the kernel date by following this:

2010 = D, 2011 = E

The two digits following that are the day of the month, example: ED01 was compiled on April 1st, 2011; EB01 on February 1st, 2011, etc.

Edit: I just realized, if the kernel has been modified, it will have the modification date, not the original build date. So you will have to use that date to figure out which modified kernel you are using... Not a perfect system, but helps to narrow it down :)

Thanks Kevin. I knew there was a way through TE, I just couldn't remember the commands.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
This is simplistic but it works for me: I have a folder on my SD card named "current_ROM" that I keep the latest ROM, kernel and any theme/mod files i've flashed. That way I know what I'm using. Then every time I update I move the new file in and the old file out.

The number of times I've flashed stuff, I'd never remember what I'd done or what kernel I'm on if I didn't do this.

What would really be cool is a change log that kept track of your changes automagically.

Swyped by my FASN8.ED01_superFRANKENclean2.9.2voodoo via Tapatalk

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

SU

Then:

cat /proc/version

2010 = D, 2011 = E

After SU I get the rooting permission message then after that I keep getting cat /proc/version not found?

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
After SU I get the rooting permission message then after that I keep getting cat /proc/version not found?

at # prompt type (exactly) "cat /proc/version" [make sure you type a <SPACE> in between "cat" and /proc/version"]

hit <ENTER> key

you should get "Linux version ..... blah blah blah"

with adb, terminal emulator, et al, you have to be precise with your commands/syntax or stuff won't work.

:p

Reactions: sfobrien

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
at # prompt type (exactly) "cat /proc/version" [make sure you type a <SPACE> in between "cat" and /proc/version"]

hit <ENTER> key

you should get "Linux version ..... blah blah blah"

with adb, terminal emulator, et al, you have to be precise with your commands/syntax or stuff won't work.

:p

Working now, wasn't putting the space after "cat".

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1