have there been any updates for the proximity sensor?

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
have there been or are there any updates for it? mine seems to not want to cooperate and i end up dailing all kinds of numbers or muting peopleduring calls

jcdrepair

Mar 16, 2011
www.jcdrepair.com
If the phone is under warranty, take it back to Verizon and get a new one. If it's not under warranty, you might check out the Screen Suite app. It will automatically lock the screen for you when you enter a call.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The power/lock button works too as long as you don't have the option enabled to use it to end calls (which is off by default).

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
i'm having my 6th fascinate sent over :/

Generally speaking, if you're into modifying/rooting/hacking your phone, the only time you should ever have to replace it is due to physical damage. I understand in this case your proximity sensor may have physically failed. But I find it hard to believe that you've actually broken 5 of these phones. Any software problems, which are the leading cause of issues, can be corrected in one way or another. If you're not sure what the problem is, or how to correct it, that is exactly what we have this community for.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Generally speaking, if you're into modifying/rooting/hacking your phone, the only time you should ever have to replace it is due to physical damage. I understand in this case your proximity sensor may have physically failed. But I find it hard to believe that you've actually broken 5 of these phones. Any software problems, which are the leading cause of issues, can be corrected in one way or another. If you're not sure what the problem is, or how to correct it, that is exactly what we have this community for.

well my last phone before this one im using the backup assistant bugged out and i lost all my contacts and then it had gotten 'weaker' in regards to software changeds.. like whenever i would change anything the phone got slower each time. and the three prior to that i hadnt discovered this forum ;) lol

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
well my last phone before this one im using the backup assistant bugged out and i lost all my contacts and then it had gotten 'weaker' in regards to software changeds.. like whenever i would change anything the phone got slower each time. and the three prior to that i hadnt discovered this forum ;) lol

I guess I'm just more of a "help yourself" kind of person and think that more people would benefit from a little of that as well. If I ever run into an issue with any product that I don't fully know about, I'm on the internet long before contacting service or making exchanges. The majority of the time you'll come across a great article or forum like this that gives more information than any support representative can ever think about comprehending.

Reactions: curley1441

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm just more of a "help yourself" kind of person and think that more people would benefit from a little of that as well. If I ever run into an issue with any product that I don't fully know about, I'm on the internet long before contacting service or making exchanges. The majority of the time you'll come across a great article or forum like this that gives more information than any support representative can ever think about comprehending.

Me too, except for cars. That one didnt go over too well and the wife has banned me from everything but oil changes.

She puts up with my other "experiments" pretty well so I guess the least I can do is not make her walk anymore...