Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Froyo Tomorrow What Should i do?

Question about the release that is suppose to happen tomorrow: Being rooted will i get the OTA notification? Should we go back to stock and update and then start all over (root) or should we just keep it like is until there are some roms developed?

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

where did you hear that we are getting an update tomorrow?

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

AC frontpage.

Personally I see no need to back pedal and put VZW back in the drivers seat. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the devs to deliver a nice clean ED01 ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    In case I got lucky and actually helped you or gave good advice please click "thanks"
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    where did you hear that we are getting an update tomorrow?

If you didnt find it mike there is a pdf with the announcement on the front page.

If you want the OTA update, you have to go back to stock. Personally I am on a cutom rom and will wait for the next one instead of going through all the hassle.

ROM
    KangBang-Nem2all(V)OTB1.6

I'm gonna wait to see what the developers put together as far as an ED01 ROM goes, there is no way I want to go backwards and let verizon mess up my phone again with bing and all the rest of their crapware!

ROM
    SuperClean 2.9.2

But if we wanted to do so then we have to flash to return to stock and then we would be able to do the OTA right? Might do that just in case they're tracking who downloads the update, and then since we're rooted we could get rid all of the verizon bloatware right?

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Bing is the number one killer for me. Other than that, the only way I would have any part of this new update is too see lots of improvements over sc 2.9.2

I am wondering if i'm on sc 2.9.2 will I get a notification of this release update or will my phone ignore it. I know I can use it but just want to know if I will be bothered with it.

ROM
    KangBang-Nem2all(V)OTB1.6

I could be mistaken, but I think the article on front page says manual update, don't know if they will be doing OTA updates or not, don't want to deal with the hassle even if they are tracking.... Haha

Default skip it

I wouldnt

I love 2.1 on my mezmerize (same thing as a fascinate). I switched to 2.2 and hated it. It drained my battery, froze phone up etc.... I flashed back to 2.1 and put LauncherPro on it and have no problems! Plus with LauncherPro, I can do everything 2.2 can. Also with my mexmerise, the ShootMe app works and Im not rooted, so you can take screenshots

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

Quote Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
    I wouldnt

I love 2.1 on my mezmerize (same thing as a fascinate). I switched to 2.2 and hated it. It drained my battery, froze phone up etc.... I flashed back to 2.1 and put LauncherPro on it and have no problems! Plus with LauncherPro, I can do everything 2.2 can. Also with my mexmerise, the ShootMe app works and Im not rooted, so you can take screenshots
    Except flash support, app to sd and the lofty attitude you get to have when running a leaked froyo ROM. Just kidding about that last part, to each their own.

In case I got lucky and actually helped you or gave good advice please click "thanks"

I am currently running the deodexed/debloated version of EB01. If the devs can give us the same thing for ED01, I will be the happiest camper! But I will be waiting until they put something out!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Yeah i think it would be good just to see what happens with sc 2.9.2. As far as tracking goes can they even do anything? They can prove you didn't accept the update but they cant prove you're rooted and running 2.2 already.

ROM
    VGNex:4.1; ATP:Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JeremytheIndian View Post
    Except flash support, app to sd and the lofty attitude you get to have when running a leaked froyo ROM. Just kidding about that last part, to each their own.

i'm all about lofty attitude myself.
    "One Really Really Deep Thought" by Ytaay...

"Test is test and production is production but production is the only true test."

ROM
    Stock (rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by JeremytheIndian View Post
    Personally I see no need to back pedal and put VZW back in the drivers seat. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the devs to deliver a nice clean ED01 ROM.

I second that idea. My phone is so much faster and responsive on SC 2.9.2. Besides which Bing sucks and should never be installed with Android!

The Devs for the Fascinate are awesome, I'm sure we will see a custom debloated ROM soon.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kangbang 1.3, ED01 Modem

This is the question I have for this then. Since the only thing I have done to my fascinate since I bought it on Saturday was Root it and uninstall some programs using TiBackup, what do I need to do to get this phone to do the update from VZW for the 2.2?

ROM
    AOKP Toro build #21

I dont understands everyones beef w/ BING. I think the GPS is awesome. I was in Phoenix searched for a local Starbucks and it gave me a location in NY and it was only a 5 min drive!!!!!

LOL I couldnt resist. but seriously if we are rooted w/ Froyo then why take the Verizon version?? I see no point Its the same thing right? Except that I have no bloatware.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by netlagger View Post
    This is the question I have for this then. Since the only thing I have done to my fascinate since I bought it on Saturday was Root it and uninstall some programs using TiBackup, what do I need to do to get this phone to do the update from VZW for the 2.2?
    try the update and see if it works because I rooted way back when and I was still able to get it to work. the update would then override your root and put everything back like it was. You would of course have to re root again if you choose.
    If that doesn't work, you would have to download a full stock froyo leak and install using Odin. When this is finished, then try to apply the updates.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Project Elite OG

The new official Froyo is probably different from the leaked version. It may not have some of the bugs that the leak version does and may have some various enhancements. I hoping for the official Froyo to at least get a debloated version or a superclean with bing garbage removed.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by netlagger View Post
    It depends on which apps you removed. If you removed any of the bloat, you will have to restore those items before the OTA will work.
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Does anybody know whether de-Binging the Froyo OTA will be as easy as it was for the original Fascinate release? I'm currently running SC 2.9.2, but I'm not happy with the battery life, so I wouldn't mind giving the OTA Froyo a try ... but only if I can de-Bing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bxojr View Post
    Does anybody know whether de-Binging the Froyo OTA will be as easy as it was for the original Fascinate release? I'm currently running SC 2.9.2, but I'm not happy with the battery life, so I wouldn't mind giving the OTA Froyo a try ... but only if I can de-Bing it.
    I feel the exact same way. Sure my phone gets a 1500 on quadrant, but I get about half of the battery i had on the stock version, and i am running Adrynalyne's undervolted kernel and the SC 2.9.2. Id rather have a slightly slower phone for twice as long than a really fast phone thats dead in my pocket.
    Last edited by adaboy078; 04-20-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typo

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Definitely sticking with 2.9.2 and the EC01 kernel... these devs took the verizon crap and turned it into gold. No point going back to verizon's version. If and when the devs give us a clean version of the Froyo update, then I will flash to that ROM. Otherwise, no point taking 2 steps back.... just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JOrtenzi View Post
    Definitely sticking with 2.9.2 and the EC01 kernel... these devs took the verizon crap and turned it into gold. No point going back to verizon's version. If and when the devs give us a clean version of the Froyo update, then I will flash to that ROM. Otherwise, no point taking 2 steps back.... just my opinion
    Same here.
    Steve

Ill wait!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast