[ODIN] Stock ED01 ROM/Kernel

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
[warn]
THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA​
Android Central and myself disclaim all liability for any harm that may befall your device, including, but not limited to: bricked phones, voided manufacturer warranties, exploding batteries, etc.[/warn]

[note]I put this together for the folks that don't care about the ED01 modem and just want the stock ROM. It could also be useful for people that got the OTA, but want to go back to stock after flashing a custom ROM. I updated via Adrynalyne's method (Odin DL09, update to EA28, then ED01) that he posted here, and the only other thing done to the ROM is that it is rooted, just because I needed that to dump the image to create the files for Odin. This will flash the system files, kernel, recovery, and also wipe data/cache/dbdata. It does not contain the modem as I can't dump that.[/note]

To install Odin packages on your device
1.Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need the ED01 stock/kernel Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of odin..
Download here:

3.) You will need to download Odin application tool found here ODIN or ODIN mirror
4.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
5.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
6.) Remove battery from phone.
7.) Launch ODIN on PC.
8.) Plug USB cable into phone.
9.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
10.) Press and hold the volume-down key until (approx 10 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode,You can now release the volume key. At this point you will see a yellow com port in the upper left hand corner of the Odin applicate.

11.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

12.) Choose the ED01.tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button.(this should take approx 3 to 6mins)
13.) Phone will power down when finished.
14.) Remove USB cable.
15.) Reinsert battery.
16.) Power phone and wait to boot approx 4mins

Congrats you are done you now have Rooted Froyo

Last edited by a moderator:

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I put this together for the folks that don't care about the ED01 modem and just want the stock ROM. It could also be useful for people that got the OTA, but want to go back to stock after flashing a custom ROM. I updated via Adrynalyne's method (Odin DL09, update to EA28, then ED01) that he posted here, and the only other thing done to the ROM is that it is rooted, just because I needed that to dump the image to create the files for Odin. This will flash the system files, kernel, recovery, and also wipe data/cache/dbdata. It does not contain the modem as I can't dump that.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Great work Imnuts, thank you this should definitely help some folks out!

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Very nice resource for us "helpers" to refer people to. Thanks a bunch! Can't wait till we get a separate modem. Not that it really matters for me now since I took the round about way of getting it (flash DL09 stock, update to EA28, update to ED01, flash SC 2.9.2 back). But at least I got to experiment with the official and doedexed roms for troubleshooting purposes.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I'm going to ask you a noob question, because I'm finding myself starting to wonder this... Is a radio and a modem the same thing in regards to the phone? Because the whole time that's what I thought, but am starting to contradict myself lol.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So, will this wipe my data? I couldn't find anywhere that said it. :p
Seriously though, thanks again for all that you do for us non devs out there! Glad to hear you're able to replace your phone!

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I'm going to ask you a noob question, because I'm finding myself starting to wonder this... Is a radio and a modem the same thing in regards to the phone? Because the whole time that's what I thought, but am starting to contradict myself lol.

I would like to quote droidxcon :p

radio is part of the code that handles cell reception and modem transmits/receives data

EDIT: darn i was beat to it

Reactions: FearTheGhost13

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
question if i download this via odin this will give me a debloated froyo and replace the bloated version that i have now would i still need to download a modem or would that erase the current modem I have

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
not trying to derail this thread, as i've been looking for some odin packages but i'm hoping for a debloated version w/ the ED01 modem....is that a project for DroidXcon perhaps?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
not trying to derail this thread, as i've been looking for some odin packages but i'm hoping for a debloated version w/ the ED01 modem....is that a project for DroidXcon perhaps?

You will have to go the long way, down to DI01 back up to ea28 and ED01 for now, then flash the d/d version.