[ODIN] Official Froyo ED01 packaged custom ROMs w/Root - Updated 06/12/11

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Happy Easter everyone!!! I know it is bad timing since I just released the packages last night, but I will be taking the holiday off from the forums. I will be back tomorrow to address any questions or concerns. I didn't expect to put out packages so quickly. Fortunately for me DroidXcon did all the work and heavy lifting so all I had to do was put the round peg in the round hole, the square peg in the square hole, etc. So the credit really goes to him.

Happy Easter Landshark!!

Great Job for you and droidxcon for putting these packages out so quickly! I would say you need the day off :)

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Happy Easter Landshark, thanks for all the hardwork to make things better for us all. Enjoy the Holiday and your day off!

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Nice work Shark. Im currently running Evil Fascination but will def. give this a try out later. Have a great Easter and break from the forums you deserve it!

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much all of the themes made since we have been on EB01 have worked across all builds. But you will definitely be safe with any theme for EC01.

Awesome, thanks. So far, so good. I went to sleep around 6am with about 76% battery life. It is now 4:50pm and with light/moderate use I have about 66% left. Not too shabby. Plus, everything seems to be working nice and smooth. No FC's, my unlock button actually works when I push it once, and everything is just faster. I'm really loving this :D

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, thanks. So far, so good. I went to sleep around 6am with about 76% battery life. It is now 4:50pm and with light/moderate use I have about 66% left. Not too shabby. Plus, everything seems to be working nice and smooth. No FC's, my unlock button actually works when I push it once, and everything is just faster. I'm really loving this :D

Glad to hear it's working great for you, that's always great feedback lol. I actually concur with you, mine is running just as well and battery life has been great. I'm very happy with the phone thus far. :)

adaboy078

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have SC 2.9.2 voodoo and the EB01 kernel with a froyo theme running. I am familiar with flashing from CW and i know i put the red one that skips the blue opening screen. I also have used odin. Im still wet behind the ears with all the kernel names though. My question is do I have to nonvoodoo to do this and will I loose superclean? I was thinking about just following the Adrynalyne sticky instructions but id rather have the debinged bloat free update. I really love my phone but my battery is getting killed, even after resetting the stats.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have SC 2.9.2 voodoo and the EB01 kernel with a froyo theme running. I am familiar with flashing from CW and i know i put the red one that skips the blue opening screen. I also have used odin. Im still wet behind the ears with all the kernel names though. My question is do I have to nonvoodoo to do this and will I loose superclean? I was thinking about just following the Adrynalyne sticky instructions but id rather have the debinged bloat free update. I really love my phone but my battery is getting killed, even after resetting the stats.

When i flashed this i was on voodoo Comavolt, this package contains nonvoodoo kernels. When i booted back up i was getting FC on touchwiz launcher. I then flashed my voodoo Comavolt kernel, enabled lagfix, booted back up, and no more FC. So to be safe I would convert to nonvoodoo first before flashing this in odin.

Yes you will loose superclean. Superclean runs on EB01 build. This package is running on EC01, which will be the next superclean over time (i'm guessing anyways)

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
When i flashed this i was on voodoo Comavolt, this package contains nonvoodoo kernels. When i booted back up i was getting FC on touchwiz launcher. I then flashed my voodoo Comavolt kernel, enabled lagfix, booted back up, and no more FC. So to be safe I would convert to nonvoodoo first before flashing this in odin.

Yes you will loose superclean. Superclean runs on EB01 build. This package is running on EC01, which will be the next superclean over time (i'm guessing anyways)

From what I'm reading throughout the forums, Superclean is out of the works for the time being at least. Currently the next big thing will be the 'community rom' that adrynalyne and some others are currently working on. I don't know for sure if he plans on updating any superclean versions or if all future development will be primarily on the community rom and so forth. But this is what I've read from some reliable sources here in the forums. Just passing on the news :)

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
hi all, does anyone know if theres a way to get to the official froyo with out using odin?

Reverting back to fully stock and updating via OTA from verizon, but even then, if you are on a custom rom then you will need to use odin to flash back to DI01 or DL09 and update via OTA that way.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
From what I'm reading throughout the forums, Superclean is out of the works for the time being at least. Currently the next big thing will be the 'community rom' that adrynalyne and some others are currently working on. I don't know for sure if he plans on updating any superclean versions or if all future development will be primarily on the community rom and so forth. But this is what I've read from some reliable sources here in the forums. Just passing on the news :)

Yeah i know, Thats why i said I'm thinking the EC01 build is going to be the new superclean, since the community rom will be based off of EC01 or ED01.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i know, Thats why i said I'm thinking the EC01 build is going to be the new superclean, since the community rom will be based off of EC01 or ED01.

Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see what the brilliant developers come up with! I for one am excited to see what the community rom will bring us. These guys have skills, I know it's going to be pretty nice!

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see what the brilliant developers come up with! I for one am excited to see what the community rom will bring us. These guys have skills, I know it's going to be pretty nice!

Oh I am excited too! I check everyday to see if it has been posted :p

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Me too, lol! I find myself on here more and more everyday, plus I enjoy helping people out the best I can.. It's refreshing compared to my actual day to day job lol. Thanks for that quick reply to that odin stock link in the other thread btw. That was fast lol.

I'm on the same boat!

dyslecksec

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say a huge thanks to the guys that put out this ODIN package and the step-by-step guide on how to use it. I'm pretty new to this whole thing, just started looking into it a week ago because I was so frustrated with the froyo delays. Then I get ready to flash my first ROM/kernel, and wham! OTA froyo (which I downloaded). So I very much appreciate how quickly you guys have put this together, and I'm looking forward to what else you come up with.