[ROM][5.07.2011][ED01]Community Rom V1.3

GalaxyNole

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
You will not use Odin to flash this. You can install over nonvoodoo.. enable lagfix on the next boot to make voodoo or put a Voodoo folder on your sdcard with disable_lagfix file in it.

I've never used Voodoo before (I've only heard negatives in the past) is it worth switching?

fitti28

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Do we need to update to the newest CWM before we flash this Ultimate Community Rom?

Also it states GPS framework wipe data or can we flash over current without data wipe?

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
just flashed ...was on sc2.9.2v w/ ec01 kernel, just wiped partition/davlik & flashed ...it was smooth sailing, everything is looking Good, no problems:) ..I was already voodoo'd out but this seems a little more snappier/responsive than before, also the gps locks on quicker too ..kinda miss the colors on the settings screen, not sure how I feel about the all white background in the text messaging app, ...anyone else have that little orangeish color in the corner in the task manger?

Reactions: JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
How will this ROM differ from Voodoo & NonVoodo? Is it simply a speed difference?

Internal functions for the phone will be faster when using voodoo vs. nonvoodoo kernels.. there is a smoother user interface.. I have been back and forth between voodoo and nonvoodo kernels and find that voodoo kernels have more features than nonvoodoo (sound, color, clock speed, and voltage controls)..

Reactions: GalaxyNole

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
just flashed ...was on sc2.9.2v w/ ec01 kernel, just wiped partition/davlik & flashed ...it was smooth sailing, everything is looking Good, no problems:) ..I was already voodoo'd out but this seems a little more snappier/responsive than before, also the gps locks on quicker too ..kinda miss the colors on the settings screen, not sure how I feel about the all white background in the text messaging app, ...anyone else have that little orangeish color in the corner in the task manger?

Yah i have the Orange hue tint as well....Also i recommend switching to handcent SMS for texting....

Reactions: sup3rchi3f

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
You are the man. Always here for everyone's questions...

I appreciate it.

Would you recomment flashing the latest CWM anyhow?

I am not ready to make that leap until a majority of the ROMs and other flashable items are switching to Edify.. I have all of my boots and shutdowns almost ready to go.. as soon as ROMs fly-edify.. I will switch.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
anyone have a link to that thread that explains the voodoo vs non-voodoo that was on here. couldn't find it when i tried searching. i've never used a voodoo rom before but have been enjoying SC2.9.2 for the past 2 months. considering this one but want to know alittle more about voodoo.

Thanks

fitti28

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am not ready to make that leap until a majority of the ROMs and other flashable items are switching to Edify.. I have all of my boots and shutdowns almost ready to go.. as soon as ROMs fly-edify.. I will switch.
I completly understand. So have you flashed this community Rom yet?