[Theme][Port][Comm ROM 2.0]GM53 Remix Version 2.0 June, 11 2011

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This a port of PauldiddyRemix by pauldiddy found here:[THEME] PaulDiddy Remix GB 1.0 [Update: 21.04.2011] - xda-developers.

This took so long to do because i made alot of changes and themed many things that were not themed by the OP.

2.0 Change Log

Changed the dialer
Mms is transparent

Whats themed:

framework-res
twframework-res
Dialer
Phone
Google search
Contacts
MMS
Swype
Cyan White Market from here:[APP]::02-05-11::NEW Themed Market 2.3.6:::All versions added:: - xda-developers

GM53 DiddyRemix Version 2.0

Big thanks to thefunkbot for helping figure out the transparent Mms.

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
snap20110511161032.png
snap20110511160640.png

snap20110511160618.png
snap20110511154910.png

snap20110611202107.png
snap20110511154822.png

snap20110511154803.png
snap20110611202126.png

Last edited:

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
With gunnermike now doing themes with CWM 3.o, is it time we make the switch? I know the community ROM is compatible and things change often. Is it time?

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have went back to stock and using ED01 now on my Fascinate. I've tried numerous other com roms and wasnt thrilled. This one-it doesn't replace the radio, just a basic theme right?? Once all is done it's still ED01. I know I have to root the phone to do this, just wanna makesure I don't downgrade.

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I have went back to stock and using ED01 now on my Fascinate. I've tried numerous other com roms and wasnt thrilled. This one-it doesn't replace the radio, just a basic theme right?? Once all is done it's still ED01. I know I have to root the phone to do this, just wanna makesure I don't downgrade.

This is only a theme - not a themed rom (like Evil Fascination). This will not downgrade your radio. Yes you will need to rot and you rill need CWM 3.0 as the post states.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Correct, this is a theme. Not real clear on what you mean by downgrading and that you've tried numerous other com roms. The new Comm Rom is a first for the fascinate (there have been numerous Roms that the dev has used bits and pieces from other devs but this was a group effort from beginning to end - and a great effort at that).

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Correct, this is a theme. Not real clear on what you mean by downgrading and that you've tried numerous other com roms. The new Comm Rom is a first for the fascinate (there have been numerous Roms that the dev has used bits and pieces from other devs but this was a group effort from beginning to end - and a great effort at that).

I mean I was on SC 2.5 loved it, went to 2.9.2 and started having bluetooth issues and minor little annoyances. Went to a few themes, then completely to EVilfasicnation. While his theme is very nice, it was also very dark for my tastes. I enjoy the colored icons-not sure why almost every theme has them black. I also had a problem with home screen widgets-if I added them through home screen adding, none of them worked. If I went into applications and held the button, added to homescreen they worked. I have since returned to complete stock, ED01.
The above theme looks nice-I kinda like the OP one slightly better, but it seems his is in German lol. I will probably use this one. I like the GB based themes-or slightly blue-with the AOSP screen and the accurate battery and the rolodex icons-now finding a theme I like that works with ED01 is the question!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I mean I was on SC 2.5 loved it, went to 2.9.2 and started having bluetooth issues and minor little annoyances. Went to a few themes, then completely to EVilfasicnation. While his theme is very nice, it was also very dark for my tastes. I enjoy the colored icons-not sure why almost every theme has them black. I also had a problem with home screen widgets-if I added them through home screen adding, none of them worked. If I went into applications and held the button, added to homescreen they worked. I have since returned to complete stock, ED01.
The above theme looks nice-I kinda like the OP one slightly better, but it seems his is in German lol. I will probably use this one. I like the GB based themes-or slightly blue-with the AOSP screen and the accurate battery and the rolodex icons-now finding a theme I like that works with ED01 is the question!

THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON THE COMMUNITY ROM. DO NOT FLASH IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE COMMUNITY ROM. IT WILL BREAK STUFF!!!

JUST IN CASE I WASNT CLEAR, THIS WILL BREAK ANY ROM THAT IS NOT KANGBANG!!!!

If you are on stock ed01 and not on the community rom, then you are missing out. I will not be releasing themes for any other TW based roms. They are silly toys compared to Kangbang and i will not waste my time with them.

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON THE COMMUNITY ROM. DO NOT FLASH IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE COMMUNITY ROM. IT WILL BREAK STUFF!!!

JUST IN CASE I WASNT CLEAR, THIS WILL BREAK ANY ROM THAT IS NOT KANGBANG!!!!

If you are on stock ed01 and not on the community rom, then you are missing out. I will not be releasing themes for any other TW based roms. They are silly toys compared to Kangbang and i will not waste my time with them.

So you're saying it wont work then?? LOL Gotcha! I'll load up the community rom then, no biggie :)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey Mike... what exactly are the advantages of CwM 3.0?

well i would say the biggest advantage is that you will be able to flash stuff. no one will be using 2.5 now that adry got roms to work with 3.0. it will also make it possible to use rom manager in the future. it also puts the fascinate using the same scripting language as the rest of the android community.

oh, and a bunch of the stuff in 2.5 is broke. now that we are on 3.0 the entire community will be available to assist in improving cwm.

Reactions: JeremytheIndian

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey gunner mike. I know that some things that are meant for 3.0 can still be flashed in 2.5.1x cause it can do both scripts. why is this different. Or can we still flash it the newest 3-30 all. Thanks for explanation and all ur hard work. U r a machine

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey gunner mike. I know that some things that are meant for 3.0 can still be flashed in 2.5.1x cause it can do both scripts. why is this different. Or can we still flash it the newest 3-30 all. Thanks for explanation and all ur hard work. U r a machine

give a shot and see what happens. however there is no longer a reason to hang on to 2.5.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
so can we flash everything in 3.0 even stuff that was meant for 2.5.1.x? old stuff too is what im saying? I guess that is my question i change my bootups with CWM will that kind of stuff still work in 3.0 i dont want to have to switch back and forth with the cwm's so does 3.0 d0 it all? Thanks Mike

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
so can we flash everything in 3.0 even stuff that was meant for 2.5.1.x? old stuff too is what im saying? I guess that is my question i change my bootups with CWM will that kind of stuff still work in 3.0 i dont want to have to switch back and forth with the cwm's so does 3.0 d0 it all? Thanks Mike

Unfortunately zips with the 2.5.1.x scripts will not install using 3.x.. they will give you an error..

One of the developers is packaging their kernels with the 3.x recovery on board. Meaning, if you flash the kernel you will have the 3.x recovery installed automatically.

Lots of the devs are starting to package zips with 3.x install scripts.. I have started the process of switching the boot animations over today..

The community is headed in the direction of using Clockwork 3.x as the tool to install ROMS, kernels, and themes.. It will take time.

Reactions: bigjobber69