Swype Themes

uofatree

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Currently running ed01 community rom 1.1 and absolutely love it. I was wondering, though, if anyone knew of any swype themes that could possibly be used with this rom. I find that the color in the word prediction window is just a little too light and tough to read. As always, thanks to all the devs for their hard work!

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Im looking through all the other swype.apks from nitro dark, comb, and vivid but they are all older versions than the current one in this COM ROM. To replace those with this one would result in force closing through root explorer. The only other swype would have to be the beta version from the swype website that is compatible with the COM ROM one. Ill report back to see if itll work.

Update: I installed regular swype beta over the gingerbread one with no problems

Last edited:
Reactions: jbr05ki

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I personally dont know. I would think tho that since its a themed feature, it would be extractable and/or replaceable. Something like a boot animation maybe? I could be COMPLETELY off...someone like Jae or gunnermike Im sure would know.

fitti28

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If you find a Swype you like from a theme or another Rom you can extract it out using 7zip and then either rename the swype currently on phone as swype_old or just copy and paste the swype right over the old. This is done thru root explorer, super manager or some other program that allows you to copy to the sys/app folder. once this has been completed you must go into settings/language& keyboards and make sure Swype is default, then go into a message and long press in the body which will bring up you input type which you would select swype.

Reactions: dablitzkrieg

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
If you find a Swype you like from a theme or another Rom you can extract it out using 7zip and then either rename the swype currently on phone as swype_old or just copy and paste the swype right over the old. This is done thru root explorer, super manager or some other program that allows you to copy to the sys/app folder. once this has been completed you must go into settings/language& keyboards and make sure Swype is default, then go into a message and long press in the body which will bring up you input type which you would select swype.

I did the following, and it didn't work. Took me a bit to figure out what I was doing haha...Super Manager is kinda hard to use at first.

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I used winzip and did what you said with black alien swype and it's sweet