overlapping bootscreens

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
when i boot seeing vertical android with native verizon bootscreens. how do i remove the native one. i checked jaekars post and i dont see either the bootani or bootanimation files. help

by the way, how do i donate to the site

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
when i boot seeing vertical android with native verizon bootscreens. how do i remove the native one. i checked jaekars post and i dont see either the bootani or bootanimation files. help

by the way, how do i donate to the site

If you are seeing the native boot animation (Verizon) combined with a Android in landscape mode then you have the bootani.qmg file that needs to be removed... it is may be in one of two locations..

system/media or data/local on the root of the phone..

if the Android is in portrait and there is a native boot going on you have the bootani.qmg and the bootanimation.zip files on your phone.. and the bootani.qmg file will likely need to be removed..

Typically the only time you will see that happening is if you have flashed a new kernel on a stock ROM. Then added a boot animation (zip)..

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If you are seeing the native boot animation (Verizon) combined with a Android in landscape mode then you have the bootani.qmg file that needs to be removed... it is may be in one of two locations..

system/media or data/local on the root of the phone..

if the Android is in portrait and there is a native boot going on you have the bootani.qmg and the bootanimation.zip files on your phone.. and the bootani.qmg file will likely need to be removed..

Typically the only time you will see that happening is if you have flashed a new kernel on a stock ROM. Then added a boot animation (zip)..
dont see those files. nothing in the data/local. in the media folder there are two files bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmp

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
dont see those files. nothing in the data/local. in the media folder there are two files bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmp

There they are... Samsung at their best.. Pick one and relabel it with the extension .old and that will disable it or you can choose to disable both..

Last edited:
Reactions: nycdoc

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
There they are... Samsung at their best.. Pick one and relabel it with the extension .old and that will disable it or you can choose to disable both..

I am having the double bootscreen on Com Rom 1.3 but I can't find the boot QMG files anywhere. (I just have a boot.zip in the media file. (I have tried renaming and removing this and still have both boot up animations.)

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I am having the double bootscreen on Com Rom 1.3 but I can't find the boot QMG files anywhere. (I just have a boot.zip in the media file. (I have tried renaming and removing this and still have both boot up animations.)

Depending on the file it can be named bootani.qmg, bootani.qmp, bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmp

If you have two boots playing you have two files on your phone it is just identifying them...

That is very odd that you have CommROM on your phone and you have dual boots.. I am wondering if you flashed CommROM over stock without wiping the phone..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon