kangbang vs. evil fascinate

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
any thoughts why you prefer one over the other. which seems to have less problems. trying to decide which to flash

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
any thoughts why you prefer one over the other. which seems to have less problems. trying to decide which to flash

I have been on both. Everyone has their preferences.. It would be best to try them both and keep the one you like best.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't even aware that there was a rom called Evil Fascinate. Lol. I have kangbang and I love it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

nateowen1977

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Locking issues?

Anyone have locking issues with this ROM?

I had horrible issues on v1.0 so flashed v1.3 (wipe+reset done 3X each before flashing).

v1.3 seems to lock once every 1 or 2 days.

Anything I need to do with that lagfix thing?

Any suggestions would be awesome! Love the phone but this drives me pretty nuts. My crappy Eris didn't do this at all after rooting/flashing.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have locking issues with this ROM?

I had horrible issues on v1.0 so flashed v1.3 (wipe+reset done 3X each before flashing).

v1.3 seems to lock once every 1 or 2 days.

Anything I need to do with that lagfix thing?

Any suggestions would be awesome! Love the phone but this drives me pretty nuts. My crappy Eris didn't do this at all after rooting/flashing.

Given the limited information the only hypothesis I could offer is you have your voltages set too low or you are running something that does not play well with the ROM..

More details.. If you are running OTB kernel 1.4 (came with CommROM 1.3) - that may be the issue - I had lockups also and rolled back to OTB 1.3..

therent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I ran evil fascinate for a few days and had major problems, i had frequent lockups, several sleeps of death, even after a few data wipes and fresh installs it game me issues. But i think it may have been the kernel that comes with EF. I'm back on KangBang now which gave me one sleep of death friday. After reading about voltage that might be too low causing issues i loaded imnuts' standard voltage voodoo kernel and everything appears to be great so far. Ran all weekend with no lockups or SOD.

I might give EF another try but KangBang has been terrific with the standard voltage kernel. And it runs like a top.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
could I flash it over my current KBCR v1.3 voodoo setup?
What would I have to do? Just download the zip file, put on SD card, NANDroid backup, reboot into recovery, factory/data wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and then choose the ROM from SD card and flash it? Or is it something complicated? Any un-voodoo-ing?

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What would I have to do? Just download the zip file, put on SD card, NANDroid backup, reboot into recovery, factory/data wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and then choose the ROM from SD card and flash it? Or is it something complicated? Any un-voodoo-ing?

you shouldnt need to wipe data or factory reset. You should just wipe your cache/dalvik and be good. I would wipe data as last resort if your getting crazy FC problems. I had to clear my Gmail data and that stopped the only FC I had on the rom. Let me know what u do.:) It is already packed with imnuts-100 voodoo kernel so no need to unvoodoo. I would also put a voodoo kernel that u know works on your sdcard since -100 doesnt work for all. At leat doesnt work for me.

Reactions: adellc3

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Read nitro's instructions provided in the link that JaeKar gave.....it doesn't get any easier than that.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Just Flashed it. It's not as impressive as KangBang, IMHO.
Boot animation is sick, though.
Flashing back to KangBang. I just don't feel as secure with this one.
So, the winner for me is obviously KangBang.:D
Thanks for the advice, though. You guys are awesome.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just Flashed it. It's not as impressive as KangBang, IMHO.
Boot animation is sick, though.
Flashing back to KangBang. I just don't feel as secure with this one.
So, the winner for me is obviously KangBang.:D
Thanks for the advice, though. You guys are awesome.

Your welcome! :) Yah KB is my choice all the way as well.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Obviously those are the two of choice right now, and I am torn between them. Had both on the phone for over a week each, and they have their pluses and minuses. As stated before, it comes down to personal preference.

lurch162534

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had freezing issues every other day it seemed and I also had issues with the feature that allows you to send text messages to a custom group of people....wouldn't allow me to select my 20 desired contacts and send message to them. For example, in 'Contacts' I would select my group that contained my 'Family Contacts', then I would select 'Send Message'. I would go through the list and select say 10 people and when I pressed the 'Send' button (which takes you to the screen where you can type message to send), all the contacts would be missing in the address bar. I would then have to go in manually and add each contact and send that way (call me lazy if you will, but when you get used to a feature that saves you hassle, it's a pain when it doesn't work). Then came the next issue, sending messages the manual way still had issues when sending to multiple contacts....2-3 out of 10 would randomly fail to send due to "improper formating" or something (I forget now). Anyway, got tired of it and switched back to Super_frankenclean v2.9 with the EC01 radio and love it. I do have the itch now, so I'm thinking about trying out KANGBANG now.