Help! Phone restarting randomly

adirrtymind

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey all -

Last week I rooted my Samsung Fascinate to a EB01 with no problem at all, whatsoever. (2.2.1 Firmware, 2.6.32.9 Kernel)

Last night I noticed it restarting on it's own. This morning, it did the same thing, and has done it again since I've been on it. My battery is very low considering it was fully charged last night, so I can only imagine it might have restarted numerous time during the night.

Any idea why this would happen? Or what can I do to fix it? I love EB01 Clean as my phone runs lightning fast, so I'm not really looking to root to anything else. That, and I'm a NOOB at this - so my technological skill is limited.

Any help is appreciated.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey all -

Last week I rooted my Samsung Fascinate to a EB01 with no problem at all, whatsoever. (2.2.1 Firmware, 2.6.32.9 Kernel)

Last night I noticed it restarting on it's own. This morning, it did the same thing, and has done it again since I've been on it. My battery is very low considering it was fully charged last night, so I can only imagine it might have restarted numerous time during the night.

Any idea why this would happen? Or what can I do to fix it? I love EB01 Clean as my phone runs lightning fast, so I'm not really looking to root to anything else. That, and I'm a NOOB at this - so my technological skill is limited.

Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to Android Central. I'm going to guess you loaded Superclean version 2.9? That version was known to have the random reboots because of the music controls included in the 5 lock screen mod. If you are running SC 2.9 an upgrade to SC 2.9.2 will get rid of the random reboots.

Or you can step up to one of the ED01 ROMs such as Community ROM or Evil Fascination.

adirrtymind

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information, and yes, I did install the SC 2.9. Where can I find the SC 2.9.2 including instructions on how to install, etc? As I said - I'm a noob and not VERY "techy."

adirrtymind

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the .tar file, and unzipped to .tar.md5 then used Odin - Not sure where I can find the .tar file for 2.9.2 or even if I can do it the same way, since I'm already rooted.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo