Why do phone calls not show up but you'll get a voice mail of a call?

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Any one know what causes this? Happens randomly. It'll pop up with the new voicemail notification but there wont be a missed call.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Culprits could be airplane mode, signal dropout, or just network funkiness.

Don't think it's Rom related as my phone would do that randomly before I ever rooted my phone..

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I know that on Verizon there is an option to listen to a Vmail and reply. when they reply it goes straight to the Vmail box and the phone never rings. VERY annoying!

Reactions: Lttlwing16

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
While verizon is great about getting my calls out, i have noticed pretty consistent incoming call problems, both with my old BB and with my Fascinate. Its probably related to the remote area in which my office is located, but it's pretty darn annoying. My wife is the type to call 3x in a row and then, instead of leave a voicemail, wait 30 seconds then call 3x more times just to see if I will pick up. After I get home I compare the call logs on her phone and sure enough (in one case) she called 6 times but my phone only rang on the 6th time she called. My phone, on the other hand, never really registers any sort of "no service" state. Attempts to test this empirically (for a particular phone state, position, etc) always fail, it's just something weird and pretty random about the network in the area.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
While verizon is great about getting my calls out, i have noticed pretty consistent incoming call problems, both with my old BB and with my Fascinate. Its probably related to the remote area in which my office is located, but it's pretty darn annoying. My wife is the type to call 3x in a row and then, instead of leave a voicemail, wait 30 seconds then call 3x more times just to see if I will pick up. After I get home I compare the call logs on her phone and sure enough (in one case) she called 6 times but my phone only rang on the 6th time she called. My phone, on the other hand, never really registers any sort of "no service" state. Attempts to test this empirically (for a particular phone state, position, etc) always fail, it's just something weird and pretty random about the network in the area.

Yea that is what happens to me, on vzw also. I can log onto my account and see under my wifes call usage where she tried to call but under mine it does register an incomming call

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I have been watching this issue get worse over the past 10 to 15 days. I manage the 6 fascinates... three have been rooted, and there are equal number of calls being missed between those who are running stock and those on modded ROMs.. about 1 in 10 calls is not getting to the phones.

This is up from about 1 in 25... I cannot attribute it to the radios - they are EA28, EB01 and ED01.. all 6 phones are currently missing calls at least one per week and sometimes 3-5 per day..

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been watching this issue get worse over the past 10 to 15 days. I manage the 6 fascinates... three have been rooted, and there are equal number of calls being missed between those who are running stock and those on modded ROMs.. about 1 in 10 calls is not getting to the phones.

This is up from about 1 in 25... I cannot attribute it to the radios - they are EA28, EB01 and ED01.. all 6 phones are currently missing calls at least one per week and sometimes 3-5 per day..

dude you have 6 fascinates? Lol..Do you keep them on a belt like batman? :p

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
dude you have 6 fascinates? Lol..Do you keep them on a belt like batman? :p

I typically get all the complaints regarding the performance of a phone in the location where I work... I am the 'phone guy.'...

I wish I could have a bandoleer of phones.. no cape or tights though no girlish figure for that...

dyslecksec

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Over the years I've had this problem off and on. I found a correlation with how far out of my 'home area' I was at the time and just figured VZW simply hadn't found my phone before voice mail kicked in or the caller hung up. For example, I lived in eastern Wyoming for a time, while my cell's number and 'home' were in northern Idaho. I had quite a few incoming called that didn't register during that time.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Over the years I've had this problem off and on. I found a correlation with how far out of my 'home area' I was at the time and just figured VZW simply hadn't found my phone before voice mail kicked in or the caller hung up. For example, I lived in eastern Wyoming for a time, while my cell's number and 'home' were in northern Idaho. I had quite a few incoming called that didn't register during that time.

i can beat all these stories, i live on a mtn top north of chattanooga,tn. and at one time Bell Sooouth barely would get a call so i switched to verizon, all went well for a few years untill i decided to go with verizon whole hog as they say and then at mail box i am EDT when i make turn into driveway, It goes to CDT..
the service has gotten continousely worse over the past couple years,, i call gripe and complain but Verizon doesnt give a crap they have more business than the towers can handle so we get bumped or cant even find a signal, even more so since the upgrade to smart phone..

face it Verizon is prob owned by our enemies and they laugh their butts off at stupid Americans who use Verizon..my next ph will be with US Cellular..
verizon told me they lost a tower on the mtn and just moved some disk to cover us and the others.. is that a pissy way to gain business??? disgruntled here

imokurnot

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem on 4 different phones. It has gotten worse since vzw "upgraded "the local tower. They told me it was the FCC that ruined my good service. Since I have only 60% of the service I started with I was wondering if I could only pay 60% of my bill ...... I am still waiting for a call back on that one.lol

goatpower69

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just want to post my .02... I also have this problem regularly. Its great because I'm looking for a new job right now and have no idea if I've missed a call from a possible employer, fml

PreceptorJR

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. The same thing has been happening to me this week. For example, my wife called me tonight at 8:45, 9:10, and 9:45, but my phone only shows a missed call at 9:45. I can't understand why this is happening. My "dumbphone" never had this problem.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Add me to list. Has happened four or five times with the most recent one yesterday. I had just wrote it off as "one of those things", but guess that's not the case there is a problem somewhere.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This was happening to me regularly until I flashed the comm rom and then dialed *228 option 1, reboot, dial *228 option 2, reboot. Haven't had a voicemail show up without getting the call since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1