Going from 2.5.1.X to 3.0 and back

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
IN my experiments tonight I figure that sooner or later if I cannot get the amend scripts to run, I would go to CWM 3.0 and give edify a try.

My biggest question is how difficult will it be to go back?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about doing that. Is there a tangible benefit?

Most of the newer developed Roms, themes etc are becoming edify or at least edify compatible. The phasing out of amend only is in process so to speak. Like updates to our phones cwm has updates as well (better functionality, support etc) You will find that some flashable items are leaned toward using CWM 3.0 now, but I believe whether it is edify or amend it will work on the cwm 3-30 all fix version. The benefit would depend on if you're wanting to flash items that are more often edify to put it simple. As for other benefits based on functionality of cwm 3.x I'll let someone that knows more about it explain that. But as of right now you can easily stick with your current cwm or update if you'd like, as mentioned in this thread, switching back is as easy as reflashing the other version. :)

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
my question is...

I am using the OTB v1.3 kernel, which comes loaded with CWM 3.0

lets say I do need to Odin back to CWM 2.x, will the OTB kernel overwrite it on the next reboot and go back to CWM 3.0.2.7?

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
my question is...

I am using the OTB v1.3 kernel, which comes loaded with CWM 3.0

lets say I do need to Odin back to CWM 2.x, will the OTB kernel overwrite it on the next reboot and go back to CWM 3.0.2.7?

For anyone who is/was curious about this...

Because I was curious, I ODIN'd back to 2.x.... booted directly into recovery, had 2.x

Rebooted into the OS.... then rebooted into recovery again, and still had 2.x

So, bottom line... the OTB v1.3 kernel did NOT revert back to CWM 3.0

Reactions: anon(94115)